+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: For New Members with fewer than five posts...

Traveler Deacfreak17 will become famous soon enough

Here is the picture of the spine.

I hope this url works. If it doesn't, perhaps you could get me find a different way to upload a picture.

"I'm pondering how many LOLs are needed to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!" Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an's Avatar

For a picture, you want to use the button. I fixed it for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacfreak17 View Post
    That doesn't look like my Plume hardcover. I have the Permabound version. That appears to be ex-library. Is it a Turtleback book?
    https://www.gofundme.com/help-hurricane-victim-pay-vet-bills

See what's in my eBay store!

Oy's Bitch ICry4Oy is a splendid one to behold ICry4Oy is a splendid one to behold ICry4Oy is a splendid one to behold ICry4Oy is a splendid one to behold ICry4Oy is a splendid one to behold ICry4Oy is a splendid one to behold ICry4Oy is a splendid one to behold ICry4Oy's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a Turtleback Gunslinger that has no "book 2" on it. The lettering on that appears to be gold color, mine is white.

Deranged Easter Bunny Girlystevedave is a splendid one to behold Girlystevedave is a splendid one to behold Girlystevedave is a splendid one to behold Girlystevedave is a splendid one to behold Girlystevedave is a splendid one to behold Girlystevedave is a splendid one to behold Girlystevedave's Avatar

I'm very intrigued by this "Book 2" mystery.

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"

"P.S. I can't believe you do that pen thing. Awesome. Just fucking awesome."
    ~Fernandito

Yeah, so far it seems like it is unabridged and normal besides the spine. Hopefully, someone can figure this one out. Thanks for the responses. I am new here.

"I'm pondering how many LOLs are needed to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!" Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an's Avatar

Some more pictures would help. The front, back and copyright page please.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm guessing someone has done some custom rebinding here and decided that LSOE is Book One and renumbered accordingly.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Oy's Bitch ICry4Oy is a splendid one to behold ICry4Oy is a splendid one to behold ICry4Oy is a splendid one to behold ICry4Oy is a splendid one to behold ICry4Oy is a splendid one to behold ICry4Oy is a splendid one to behold ICry4Oy is a splendid one to behold ICry4Oy's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

It's hard to tell from the picture but to me it looks like the "BOOK 2" was added after the fact. Looks like some discoloration of the black around it. Better resolution pic would help.

Here is the copyright page. Thanks to everyone for the help.

That's a real puzzle.

All of these first Plume printings are paperbacks. The hardback versions are publishers taking the paperback page block and binding them as hardcovers. This usually happens for library editions to make them more durable.

Turtlebound and Perma-Bound are the two main players for that market. This isn't either of those.

Maybe someone will come along with the answer.

Traveler JadeyRah will become famous soon enough

Hello! I'm not sure if this place is still active or not, but I was digging around online, and hoping to find some DT peeps who are as excited as I am about the movie coming out. ^_^

Owner Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, Thankfully 700 miles from Bill
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes we are active. Welcome. Take a look around.

Donate to HF Mateys! becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    That's a real puzzle.

All of these first Plume printings are paperbacks. The hardback versions are publishers taking the paperback page block and binding them as hardcovers. This usually happens for library editions to make them more durable.

Turtlebound and Perma-Bound are the two main players for that market. This isn't either of those.

Maybe someone will come along with the answer.
    It looks as if the original owner might have had it rebound - hence the Book 2 mistake - and they pasted the PB cover to the front board??
    WANTED:

DT II: The Drawing of the Three S/L #644 FOUND 7/9/15!

MM AGoT, MM ACoK, SP ASoS #320 - GRRM - can trade

Traveler Sulla will become famous soon enough Sulla will become famous soon enough

I've been trying to make some posts in the 'Dutch Hill -> Other authors you collect' - subforum, but it has been well over a week since I made them and they still don't appear. I don't think there was anything wrong with them. Is there a way for me to contact one of the moderators of that forum? I can't use the PM system yet.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    I've been trying to make some posts in the 'Dutch Hill -> Other authors you collect' - subforum, but it has been well over a week since I made them and they still don't appear. I don't think there was anything wrong with them. Is there a way for me to contact one of the moderators of that forum? I can't use the PM system yet.

First 5 posts have to clear, Admin. Randall Flagg (Our Fearless Leader) has been busy. Give it some time. After 5 posts you are good to go!!! Welcome!!!!

My Collection:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ion-Merlin1958

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy". The Outlaw Josey Wales

Holding myself to a Higher Standard!!! Retired!!!

Traveler Sulla will become famous soon enough Sulla will become famous soon enough

Thanks for answering. I see my posts have already been approved.

Traveler amazinglostmc will become famous soon enough amazinglostmc's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Was shy to do this, but thanks to...

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post
    Is it bad that I am burning a post here so that I can get to five and edit my profile?
    ...here I am too.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Thanks for answering. I see my posts have already been approved.
    Quote Originally Posted by amazinglostmc View Post
    Was shy to do this, but thanks to...

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post
    Is it bad that I am burning a post here so that I can get to five and edit my profile?
    ...here I am too.

Welcome a board!!!

My Collection:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ion-Merlin1958

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy". The Outlaw Josey Wales

Holding myself to a Higher Standard!!! Retired!!!

Traveler scarface will become famous soon enough

Finally I figured out why none of my posts were showing up!

Is it ok if I do all my 5 posts here?

This seems to be a good place for book collectors in general, not just Stephen King! I am glad I found this place.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast