Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Collecting Goals / 2009 Collecting Achievements

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 2009 Collecting Goals / 2009 Collecting Achievements

The "Reading List 2009 Goals" thread in Dutch Hill inspired me to create this thread. Is there a particular part of your collection you hope to complete or improve on this year? Are you planning on collecting a new author? Branching into the comics?

Personally I plan to vastly increase my Gaiman collection, starting with The Sandman series - which I owned previously and ended up selling for financial reasons a few years back

I'd also love to get the rest of the Grant DT books (I have WoTC so far, thanks to Jerome )

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Great idea.

Let's see - I would like to complete my CGC Graded 9.8 Dark Tower comics collection. Fill in the missing graded issues and continue to add to the set as new comics are issued.

I have ordered and am very much looking forward to getting my Artists Edition of LSoE. I can't wait for that ( fingers crossed for a remarque'd copy ).
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well I always aim high...

This year I would like to finally add a S/L Stand to my collection.

Would also like to acquire a S/L or Lettered Regulators.

Economy going the way it is, whichever comes first at a price I can't refuse.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Personally I plan to vastly increase my Gaiman collection, starting with The Sandman series
    Wise decision!

I want to start collecting novels from authors I have yet to read, namely Kurt Vonnegut and Cormac McCarthy. I want to expand my Philip K. Dick library (I only own The Man in the High Castle), and as far as comics go - I really really want to start Doom Patrol.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    and as far as comics go - I really really want to start Doom Patrol.
    You won't regret it, it's an excellent series

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to continue my collection of 1sts in the Dark Tower series if I can. All the comics that come out and I have "He is Legend" coming in the mail I think.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

ARC/proof of Under the Dome when it finally appears!

John

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Great thread idea, Lisa.

My 2009 collecting goals are:

1) Obtain books already ordered and often already paid for:
    Gaiman's Coraline S/L, Koontz's Odd Thomas 1st/1st signed, Songs of the Dying Earth S/L (w/ Gaiman), He is Legend - Slipcased (King/Hill), LSOE S/L, LSOE AE, Big Book of Necon trade edition, and probably last, but not least: The Secretary of Dreams, Vol. II S/L.

2) Get a decent bookcase with lockable glass doors.
    No locks on the doors though.

3) Expand my modest signed Gaiman collection.

4) Grow my nascent signed Vonnegut collection, specifically through the Easton Press books.

5) Pick up some or all of the sketch and/or color variant issues of the Dark Tower comic series subsequent to the Gunslinger Born story arc - I don't have much past that point other than the standard editions.
    So far: obtained all released color variants for both TLRH and Treachery story arcs. Working on the sketch variants.

6) Think about obtaining Firestarter S/L, Christine S/L and/or Cujo S/L.
    Obtained Skeleton Crew S/L and Dolan's Cadillac S/L.

7) Continue to lust after everyone else's new acquisitions.

I'm pretty sure that at least #1 and #7 are achievable goals.
    Last edited by Patrick; 03-29-2009 at 11:33 AM. Reason: update

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As many possible of the french 1st editions & looking for the few french items that i dont have or never heard about :-)
    So far, the only 1st editions I own are what i consider as the scarcest and the earlier work, because i moved a lot.

Oh, and publish 2 books!

However, i plan to move to Paris in september, so, being a student, i'll have to watch even more my expenses.... and have place to store everything lol

So (if everything's go as planned), if anyone is going through Paris... :-)
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My goals are pretty modest for this upcoming year. They were bigger, but I was laid off from one job, and have had my hours cut from the other recently - I don't plan on dropping out of school anytime soon, so money will be tight this year.

Anyways, I'm hoping to get:

1) 1st Editions of the Shining (US & UK)
    2) a 1st edition 'Salem's Lot, preferably the US, but would settle for the UK
    3) S/L Skeleton Crew or Regulators
    4) S/L From a Buick 8
    5) Some miscellaneous Slade stuff

Turtlex - do you need the End World Almanac in 9.8? I've got one, PM me if interested.

Gunslinger Apprentice super sam is on a distinguished road super sam's Avatar

This year i want to have a copy of a 1st/1st Carrie,Salems lot,Rage or Night Shift.

Gunslinger Apprentice The Cosmic Geek is on a distinguished road

This year I'd like to:

Try and buy the variant covers to the Dark Tower comics.
    Get the DT books in hardcover, most of mine are paperbacks at the moment
    Get that limited edition Sisters of Eluria/Gunslinger book
    Collect miscellaneous Dark Tower stuff
    Continue collecting Rocketeer merchandise
    Read the rest of Gaiman's Sandman
    Add more books to my J.R.R. Tolkien library

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Cosmic Geek View Post
    This year I'd like to:

Try and buy the variant covers to the Dark Tower comics.
    Get the DT books in hardcover, most of mine are paperbacks at the moment
    Get that limited edition Sisters of Eluria/Gunslinger book
    Collect miscellaneous Dark Tower stuff
    Continue collecting Rocketeer merchandise
    Read the rest of Gaiman's Sandman
    Add more books to my J.R.R. Tolkien library
    Up until this year I had no idea that JRR Tolkien wrote anything other that LOTR. I found The Histories of Middle Earth online and now i've started a Tolkein collection myself. The DT series and LOTR series are pricless to me.
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

Gunslinger Apprentice The Cosmic Geek is on a distinguished road

William50, I feel the same way about my DT and Tolkien books.

Tolkien wise I'm trying to get anything and everything about him and from him, much like my King collection.

There are great bios on Tolkien and his friendship with C.S. Lewis, other stories he wrote, and just books upon books about LOTR and the Hobbit.

Country
    Country Flag

I want them all so much.
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

Gunslinger Apprentice nt07077 is on a distinguished road nt07077's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My goals would be to get into collecting DT comics, buy variations of already published King stories, try to get all King novels in hardcover, try to get scans of King's articles from his highschool newspaper the Drum, the Libson Enterprise and The Maine Campus. And collect any other material King decides to put out his year.
    Although not a collecting goal, I want to get accepted into the university of South Florida.

Country
    Country Flag

Ah, very nice last goal. Good luck.

Country
    Country Flag

The application is in the mail and I'm just a waiting. (Very anxiously!)

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Good luck, nt!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Patrick!

Country
    Country Flag

I cant wait for high school to be over. I have no idea where im going after though...

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Continue looking for the 'unique' collectibles & promo items, more ARCs (and yes, John - Under the Dome!), and the illusive college works. Find and be able to afford my Gunslinger #64.

Oh, and new bookcases for all of it!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Country
    Country Flag

AH! Thanks for reminding me! I've got more books than I do shelf space. I'm gonna need a nice big 6 foot tall book shelf.

Gunslinger Apprentice blg is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I need a US 1st of Christine to complete my SK first editions.

Would like to pick up a S/L Skeleton Crew and Christine. Also a S/L Sec. of Dreams II, if it ever actually gets released.

Would like to find a S/L version of Ham on Rye and Factotum (Charles Bukowski)

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I plan to collect more of the green stuff (money people!!) if I can find any lying around not belonging to anyone.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast