Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Did you have a fantasy world as a child?

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

If only I could remember those times

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does being in junior high school count as being a child? If so I had a very specific "fantasy world" that I would visit at night. Very specific and adult...

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Does being in junior high school count as being a child? If so I had a very specific "fantasy world" that I would visit at night. Very specific and adult...
    For my part I would like to get more information about it.

Roland would have understood.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I always pretended I was different animals when I was little... and I was quite obsessed with the Neverending Story..

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    For my part I would like to get more information about it.
    Sure you say that now... but if you had the details one of us would do this:

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely, yes. Music was always the vehicle of transportation for me. I'd put on the headphones and be whisked away. The fantasy was elaborate, taking place on two worlds...the real world and the fantasy world. In part of this dream I was marooned on this world by my enemies to clear the way to the Throne of the High King; the mastermind behind my banishment being my evil twin (of course) but a twin who was only marginally related to me. It was a smattering of The Man in the Iron Mask, Arthurian legend, Time Bandits, with a bit or two of other fantasy literature and a pinch or two of scifi thrown in. Maybe one day I'll write about it...if I can motivate myself to continuously write anything and figure a way to weed out the childish cliches' without completely deflating the story.

And like Rube, I was in middle school when mine started up too.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Around the age of six, I became obsessed with the idea of being Chinese. For about a year I spoke in jibberish trying to imitate what I perceived as the most wonderful sounds of creation. I also wore my karate gee everywhere, including the supermarket. I was certainly in my own world...and drove my mom insane. I also got my cousins to do the same thing after one Christmas and my aunt got pretty upset because it took them so long to stop (several weeks). I think the phase had something to do with being a product of so many eighties action movies.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    Around the age of six, I became obsessed with the idea of being Chinese. For about a year I spoke in jibberish trying to imitate what I perceived as the most wonderful sounds of creation. I also wore my karate gee everywhere, including the supermarket. I was certainly in my own world...and drove my mom insane. I also got my cousins to do the same thing after one Christmas and my aunt got pretty upset because it took them so long to stop (several weeks). I think the phase had something to do with being a product of so many eighties action movies.
    It sounds so nice.
    I don't really understand why your mother didn't like it.
    I wish I could have seen you in the market. I think I would have thought: "Hey, there is something in that kid."

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

!!! my photobucket is on maintenance, or I'd put some cartwheeling bears here. That's exactly what still happens to me and Japan. One could blame Kurosawa or Akutagawa or Bashyo or Hokusai, but actually nobody is to blame but our perverted selves! Did you go as far as to learn the language?

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

:rose:

I was just about to say, I still have one!! Usually I am told that this "other"world is not real or that it is a fantasy world by other people...
    I belive it is quite real, it is just that it is so fantastic and different than the more mundane (generally speaking) one that occupies most of my day.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Around the age of six, I became obsessed with the idea of being Chinese. For about a year I spoke in jibberish trying to imitate what I perceived as the most wonderful sounds of creation. I also wore my karate gee everywhere, including the supermarket. I was certainly in my own world...and drove my mom insane.
    LOL

Jean, I did not go so far as to learn the language. I really didn't have the means, and remember it was something my mom was trying to stop. I have since come to appreciate the culture for several more substantive reasons. I'm glad you guys thought it was funny. It really was a blast. I was a sight to see at the supermarket. Watching "The Karate Kid" brings back a lot of those memories. As well as a host of other movies...

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    I was just about to say, I still have one!! Usually I am told that this "other"world is not real or that it is a fantasy world by other people...
    I belive it is quite real, it is just that it is so fantastic and different than the more mundane (generally speaking) one that occupies most of my day.

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Along the Path of the Beam glm is on a distinguished road

No, when I was a child everyday was sex, drugs, and Rock 'n Roll. But when I was ten, I was forced to go to rehab.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by glm View Post
    No, when I was a child everyday was sex, drugs, and Rock 'n Roll. But when I was ten, I was forced to go to rehab.
    Do you mean you lived this way when you were around the age of 5? That's something.

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As a child, and still am as an adult, I am a solitary person for the most part. Was never good at making friends in the real world so I had imaginary friends. The places we went in my mind. I have a great imagination.

Country
    Country Flag

I had imaginary friends, too. Some of them were humans and some of them were animals. Wherever I went a great deal of imaginary creatures followed me.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

are you Drew Barrymore?

Also, why do the imaginary friends have to cease after re-hab?

isn;t one of the 12 steps to renounce imaginary friends?

Not if they're your higher power.

now there's a good point my non-imaginary friend.

Along the Path of the Beam glm is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Do you mean you lived this way when you were around the age of 5? That's something.
    I had my first shot at the age of four, after that just imagine Slash, Steven Tyler, Jimi Hendrix and all of them. That was my life . . . before rehab.
    Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    are you Drew Barrymore?
    No . . . Brooke Shields.
    Last edited by glm; 05-06-2008 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Spelling error.

KevinFlys

World of Warcraft Gold Farmers

No spam on the site, Please.
    Last edited by Erin; 05-18-2008 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Edited out spamming post.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

This user has been banned. Sorry about that you guys, busy night last night.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast