Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Did you have a fantasy world as a child?

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

:rose: Did you have a fantasy world as a child?

Did you move in a world nobody else just you could see?
    Let me know it.

For my part I didn't have a whole world but I had many friends in my mind. I still remember them and sometimes... I miss them. They loved as I was and they gave me a lot. It's still hard to say they never existed.
    They did.

Maybe they still do.

Roland would have understood.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I did not.
    Unless you count pretending to be Clark Kent/Superman all the time. I wasn't exactly in a fantasy world...I was fantasizing about being him in the real world.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

What do you mean "when I was a child?" I still do.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    What do you mean "when I was a child?" I still do.
    ditto
    more than one

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Okay.. you are kids.. but you must be able to answer the question above, am I right?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    I did not.
    Unless you count pretending to be Clark Kent/Superman all the time. I wasn't exactly in a fantasy world...I was fantasizing about being him in the real world.
    I like this one a lot.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

dittomore than one
    Right back atcha.

Mine change as I get older, but generally are variations of each other. Or more mature versions of each other. I'm not sure which.

But a good imagination can help you pass a lot of time in a fun way.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Country
    Country Flag

At the moment I don't really see what you mean by fantasy world.
    I mean all of us have our own worlds.. our souls need a garden to live freely. But don't mean that a fantazy world (here in this thread) however many people are so closed that they have no idea about what reality is.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

No, I don't mean like a virtual reality. I mean like imaginary friends, etc. But I don't generally sit around and talk to them.

I have a lot of imaginary worlds in my head. Maybe someday I'll write about them and make millions.

Country
    Country Flag

Please do. And please send me one of the first prints with a "with love to Letti" line in it.

And are your imaginary friends humans? (What a question!)
    Most of mine were animals.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

When I write my first novel, I'll send you a signed copy.

All of my imaginary friends are human.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    When I write my first novel, I'll send you a signed copy.
    I will remember this promise as long as I live.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

You got it!

Citizen of Gilead She-Oy is on a distinguished road She-Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had a fantasy world, so to speak. It was something reminescent of the Velveteen Rabbit (which actually happens to be my favorite childhood book). All of my stuffed animals lived. And whenever I would leave for trips (which was actually often considering my dad worked for a major airlines and we were constantly going on trips), I would have to make sure I talked to every single animal, and then I would place blankets on them, when I ran out of blankets I would use toilet paper...something anything, to make sure they were cozy.

And when I got back from my trips the animals would talk to me about what all went on while I was gone.

I wasn't so much a princess as a zoo-keeper for my stuffed animals. But I remember those feelings fondly. I guess it was the innocence to it all.

Sometimes I look at Drew's room and see his stuffed animals laying, and as I pick them up, I still have an urge to make them comfortable...LOL
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Awww, that's cute.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

If this counts, I did "day-dream" alot, but it was about me being placed in stories. I would seriously lose time.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think reading The Dark Tower books is that world for me.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
    I think reading The Dark Tower books is that world for me.
    There's a few book series that did that for me.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

You know, I have to agree with that. The Dark Tower series is in my head A LOT. I like to mentally write myself in there from time to time.

My Mood
    Amused

I do that with Dune as well. As kid, the whole Robotech trilogy had me daydreaming.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

When I was younger (5 onwards) I used to believe I was an elf/faery that had been sent to this world and raised by my human parents to protect me from some force of evil in my own land. My Dad was always telling me I looked like an elf to which I would think "little do you know!..."

I still spend about 85% of the day in my daydreams

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

As a child I wanted my horse to provide all transportation so as to eliminate a particular man. I wanted the cows to bring me milk and cereal so as to eliminate a a particular woman. I wanted the bull to gore a particular man who hurt me and my sister.

Then we, horse, sister, cow, and bull would live alone in peace.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I spent a lot of time in the woods, living in a world a sadly never will be able to revisit or remember

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

This is the best fantasy world there is !!!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast