Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Super Mario vs. Gan *Please mark your spoilers*

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

I fucking hate target audiences. They make a game for every children's movie that is released, they make games like "Strawberry Shortcake's magical toaster Land" or whatever the fuck. For one reason or another, the casual gaming industry pisses me off.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Feeling okay Razz? I hope you didn't just throw your laptop through a window.

I hate it too, but it is paying the overhead for companies to keep producing the more expensive titles for the hardcore gamers.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

it's also the reason gaming isn't considered art.
    and if you have a laptop to spare, I'd be glad to throw it through a fucking window.
    Actual, I'd keep it and throw this E.B.O.S through the fucking window

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    You are the exception that proves the rule, obviously.

My point is that "feminism hasn't touched it" because it remains a predominantly male oriented industry. Its changing, though, and I think it will be interesting to see what comes of it.
    Honestly I know quite a few girls who Halo and don't touch "the pink shit" as I call it. Minority, yes, but not as small as people seem to think. I hope I have a little girl so I can give her normal toys. She can have pink shit too if she wants, but that sure as hell isn't going to be all she gets.

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ka Mai, and whoever:

This is a link to a video game forum that I'm a member of. We got into a huge debate over Animal Crossing and gender roles and you might find it interesting. Maybe not. I'm Aristotle007 in there.

http://www.noobtoob.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10654&highlight=animal+crossing
    I have to say I think my brain died when I watched that video clip. I know the one person on there didn't find it offensive, well I'm pretty damn offended. That was fucking vapid. I can't even go shoot people to feel better, because I don't have an Xbox. *twitch*

Like I said, I hope its changing Ka Mai. If you get a PS 3, I'll be glad to snipe and blow off your head regardless of your gender.

Country
    Country Flag

Aw, thanks. ^_^ I also tend to choose androgynous names while playing, just so people aren't making assumptions based on my sex. I was ka-mai for a while, now I've switched to KoopaKing. Although since I don't play online I guess it doesn't matter terribly much, they can just go "who's that" and someone will tell them.

I doubt a PS3 will be in my future, I'm broke. But hopefully I'll get a real job soon and maybe then I can treat myself.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ka-mai View Post
    You are the exception that proves the rule, obviously.

My point is that "feminism hasn't touched it" because it remains a predominantly male oriented industry. Its changing, though, and I think it will be interesting to see what comes of it.
    Honestly I know quite a few girls who Halo and don't touch "the pink shit" as I call it. Minority, yes, but not as small as people seem to think. I hope I have a little girl so I can give her normal toys. She can have pink shit too if she wants, but that sure as hell isn't going to be all she gets.
    I've got three girls and my wife has a TON of Barbies. They played with them a little bit when they were really young but these days they are more interested in playing video games. Pokemon, Super Smash Bros, Sonic, even a little GTA.

They don't really "play" GTA. They just think it's hilarious to run around and blow stuff up and run people over with cars.

None of them are really "girly girls" that get into anything "pink" except my youngest. She plays baseball and her glove, helmet and bat are all hot pink.

Country
    Country Flag

But she plays baseball! That's awesome. I think softball is ridiculous. I mean, not softball itself, but the fact that "boys get baseball and girls get softball" is stupid. Everyone should play what they like.

Smash Brothers is probably my favorite thing ever. I'm pretty good at it too, unlike Halo where I'm pretty mediocre edging towards lame.

Hey, Barbies are okay. I had Barbies and I turned out fine... actually a little tomboy. Bratz dolls on the other hand... *shudder*.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

But she plays baseball! That's awesome. I think softball is ridiculous. I mean, not softball itself, but the fact that "boys get baseball and girls get softball" is stupid. Everyone should play what they like.
    I played fast-pitch softball up until I was 17 and loved it. I'd still play today if I could but there really aren't many men's leagues. The best I could do is slow-pitch softball.

She plays softball as well because that's pretty much all the girls are allowed to play. It truly is "soft" ball because the ball is really squishy so they don't get hurt if they happen to get hit with it. They are only 7-8 y.o.

Don't discount softball though. There is a professional league of women's fast-pitch softball and those girls can get rough sometimes. Plus hitting a ball that's coming at you at about 60-70MPH from only 40 feet away isn't exactly easy.

Country
    Country Flag

Like I said, it's not softball itself, it's more the gender segregation. I didn't even know there were men's softball leagues until just now. But I don't get why the newspapers have to jump all over every girl who decides that she wants to play baseball with the boys on the school team.

So. Yeah. Mario. Mario would kick Roland's ass. He can fly.

Like I said, it's not softball itself, it's more the gender segregation. I didn't even know there were men's softball leagues until just now. But I don't get why the newspapers have to jump all over every girl who decides that she wants to play baseball with the boys on the school team.
    Yea, men's leagues are few and far between but they do exist. I've never heard of a girl trying to play baseball with the boys.

I remember in high school the rule was that if there wasn't an equal sport for both the boys and the girls, then either one could play on the same team if they wanted to. That meant girls could be on the football team and boys could be on the volleyball team and they would be treated the same as all the other players. Nobody ever did it though...

So. Yeah. Mario. Mario would kick Roland's ass. He can fly.
    and spit fireballs, and throw hammers, and swim in a frog suit...

Country
    Country Flag

And be invincible!

And best of all...

He can respawn.

roland has guns
    that shoot.
    fast.
    and they don't have faces on them

What the hell is this thread about?

Sorry digity.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

who the fuck knows. but it taught me something. it taught me that a "koopa" is a turtle from mario and it's cute as hell. so i must obtain one for my collection.

so. i'm off to steal amanda's baby i guess. anyone care to help. . . .

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    roland has guns
    that shoot.
    fast.
    and they don't have faces on them
    Respawn. End of story.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2