Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: How do you imagine Rhea?

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Russian lore character, called Баба Яга:
    Okay, I can't understand Russian characters but is that Baba Yaga? The child-eating witch with the metal teeth? (It's weird that the name just returned to me! Okay, maybe not. That first word 'Баба' looks a lot like 'baba'.) I remember the teacher in my primary school reading to us about her as a child... And I have vague memories that the tales were of Russian origin...

That's pretty much how I imagine Rhea too. The way King describes her, she seems very much a stereotypical hag. I was a tad disappointed when they deviated from that look somewhat in the Gunslinger Born comics. Breaking the stereo type isn't a bad thing but it seemed to me she was meantto be that way.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yes, it's Baba Yaga! You know, Brain, sometimes I wonder if there's anything you don't know...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    yes, it's Baba Yaga! You know, Brain, sometimes I wonder if there's anything you don't know...
    Thank you for the compliment Jean. There's a lot I don't know though. (A good thing too!)

I remember Baba Yaga mainly from finding her scary but fascinating as a kid. (I think I was quite a macabre child.) I don't think I read or heard any stories all the way through. If I did I have forgotten most of it. I don't think I was more than 6 or 7 at the time. (And I didn't read much about witches as that was somewhat forbidden by my Christian parents.) I have a vague recollection of her chewing her way through things...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3