Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which movie makes it to the Final?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Princess Bride

14 48.28%
  • The Empire Strikes Back

15 51.72%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: BMOAT - Semi Finals, Thread 1

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default BMOAT - Semi Finals, Thread 1

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

As you wish

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow! I honestly don't care which of these two wins...because I'll be voting for whatever is up against it next.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Empire

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Wow! I honestly don't care which of these two wins...because I'll be voting for whatever is up against it next.
    Same here.
    Can't vote because I didn't care for either.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Search your feelingssss......

NNNOOOOO!!!! THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

Shit again.
    I can't decide!!!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Same here.
    Can't vote because I didn't care for either.
    bears feel the same

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This was a hard one.
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have the choice of a movie I wasn't crazy for or one I've never seen. I think I'll just opt out of this one and vote for the winner of the other thread against whichever of these wins.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

'Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die.'

could be one of my favorite lyrics.

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Heath View Post
    'Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die.'

could be one of my favorite lyrics.
    I constantly quote that line....it irritates the office staff to no end! but i cant help it. it is like an audiovirus. Once you hear it, it is difficult to get out of your mind.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Both great films, but come on people!!! Yoda lifting the X-Wing out of the swamps of Dagobah is one of THE scenes of cinema. I still get goose bumps when I see that scene.

Watch it again with fresh eyes and remember how is was when you first saw it in the theater. Remember how remarkable and totally unbelieveable it was. As good as it was, how can a fairy tale with Fire Swamps compare to Yoda raising the sunken X-Wing like a metal Lazarus from it's swampy grave. Empire all the way.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    As good as it was, how can a fairy tale with Fire Swamps compare to Yoda raising the sunken X-Wing like a metal Lazarus from it's swampy grave. Empire all the way.
    Of course, one could just as easily say about Empire...

As good as it was, how can a fairy tale with Ice Planets compare to Inigo Montoya finally catching up with his father's killer and exacting his lifelong dream of revenge. Princess Bride all the way.

I'd put the goosebumps I get when Inigo finally catches up with Count Rugen up against those created by Yoda on Dagobah any day of the week. I suppose it ultimately comes down to whether you prefer fantasy stories set in a medieval setting or a futuristic setting.

Besides, with Princess Bride we are talking about one of the most quotable movies of all time. As good as Empire was, I don't exactly hear it being quote nearly as often or with the number of quotable lines as its competition. Empire is the best of the Star Wars films by far (it's the only one I like) but that's as far as I'm willing to go with it.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

The King: What was that for?
    Buttercup: Because you have always been so kind to me, and I won't be seeing you again since I'm killing myself once we reach the honeymoon suite.
    The King: Won't that be nice. She kissed me.

Fezzik: I just don't think it's right, killing an innocent girl.
    Vizzini: Am I going MAD, or did the word "think" escape your lips? You were not hired for your brains, you hippopotamic land mass.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Besides, with Princess Bride we are talking about one of the most quotable movies of all time. As good as Empire was, I don't exactly hear it being quote nearly as often or with the number of quotable lines as its competition. Empire is the best of the Star Wars films by far (it's the only one I like) but that's as far as I'm willing to go with it.
    I own a poster that says "Everything I need to know, I learned from watching Star Wars..." and it goes through it's list. I have yet to see one of those for The Princess Bride. As for quotable, my man, there are many quotes from Empire.

"No dissintigrations." Vader to Boba Fett "As you wish." Fett back to Vader
    "Try not. Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda to Luke
    "I love you." Leia to Han. "I know." Han back to Leia
    "Size matters not. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship. " Yoda to Luke
    "Adventure, hah, excitement, hah. A Jedi craves not these things. You are reckless." Yoda
    "I'd just as soon kiss a wookie." Leia to Han.
    "Wars not make one great." Yoda

And many, many more. My point being that while you may not hear it being quoted, at my last job I heard it quoted at least once a week. Empire Strikes Back, more than either of the other two Original Star Wars Trilogy films, shaped my life along with many others. The Princess Bride, not so much. While TPB really was a great film, it was nothing close to the icon that The Empire Strikes Back was and still is. It is the greatest of the Star Wars films and is the origin of Yoda's "Do or do not. There is no try." That quote alone has shaped many a young mind and created a pitbull like attitude that lives to this day in many of the younglings who watched that little green Jedi Master on the big screen in the theater and the little screen at home. "As you wish" simply created a lot of adults ready to do whatever they were told.
    Relentless Jedi Knights with lightsabers vs. Swashbuckling but easily influenced adults with a metal rapier. Who shall win?
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

I love debating you Sam. You always make a worthy adversary.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

And yet Princess Bride is still better. Ha

Country
    Country Flag

I would rather see five minutes of Empire than the entire Princess Bride film. And your retort?

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

Though I voted Princess I'll play a little devils advocate. The most PIMP line from Empire is:

Leigha 'I love you.'

*Han, being lowered to be into stasis*

'I know'

But Princess has Andre the Giant.

Cmon now.

Its Andre the Giant.

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

At least Pricess Leia pleases someone......

Country
    Country Flag

THAT is funny as hell dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Heath View Post
    Though I voted Princess I'll play a little devils advocate. The most PIMP line from Empire is:

Leigha 'I love you.'

*Han, being lowered to be into stasis*

'I know'

But Princess has Andre the Giant.

Cmon now.

Its Andre the Giant.
    Yes it does, but Empire has Darth Vader cutting off Luke's hand and making him his bitch. It has Boba Fett, and it has Han Solo in carbonite. What else do you need? Oh, and Obi Wan Kenobi coming to us from beyond the fucking grave.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You guys are missing the most important one! :

"No Luke, I AM your father!
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't forget it feve; I just wanted to get some of the less well known ones. Interesting side note, David Prowse's line during that scene was NOT "I am your father." It was "Obi Wan was your father." Did Princess have anything approaching that level of secrecy because they didn't want to spoil the big surprise? No? Well, then... (drops pen and walks out of room)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast