Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Closed Auctions

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Closed Auctions

First auction for the 2009 fundraiser benefiting The Haven Foundation:

He is Legend galley-signed and remarqued by Joe Hill

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Auction #2--A Guide to Quality, Taste and Style--Signed by the Author--**CLOSED**

A Guide to Quality, Taste and Style--Signed by the Author
    by Tim Gunn and Kate Moloney

This book is signed by Tim Gunn.

Plucked straight from Parsons's New School for Design, television network Bravo found a surprising hero in Project Runway style mentor Gunn, whose catch phrase "make it work" has inspired an undeniable following of armchair fashionistas. Though he'll admit that book writing isn't easy, this venture marks another feather in his tasteful cap. A precursor of sorts to his new series on Bravo, Tim Gunn's Guide to Style, this accessible guidebook covers it all, including the "hunt," "stalk" and "pounce" of "shopping at its most instinctual" (inspired by cheap, forward-looking clothiers H&M), what to ask yourself before taking advantage of a bargain (is it season-appropriate?), the difference between a fashion icon and a mentor (Gunn's the former, Coco Chanel the latter) and full-on closet reconstruction. Gunn's friendly, conversational prose will give readers the feeling of a face-to-face encounter, and Runway fans will be happy to find Gunn hasn't abandoned his colorful metaphors (shopping as "safari") and 50-cent words ("insouciant"). Whether revealing the secrets of "The Under Arsenal" or ruminating on the "tone" and "diction" of a handbag, Gunn's text is clever, a touch waggish, and highly practical for both ensemble mavens and fashion criminals.

(Review from Publisher's Weekly, 2007)

This auction will begin on January 5th.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I edited your post Brice, as I had forgotten to add in my original thing that the book was signed by Tim Gunn.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    I edited your post Brice, as I had forgotten to add in my original thing that the book was signed by Tim Gunn.
    I changed it back to help you learn to get it right the first time.

Spoiler:

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Oh, hey, I almost missed this part : This book is signed by Tim Gunn.

Neato !
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, I wanted to make sure that was out there because the book is very collectible.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

Spoiler:

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Dude, I'm not a girly-girl by any means, but Tim Gunn rocks!
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

Spoiler:

If you rescue me

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

This auction starts first thing in the morning, it will include a banner with a link so the whole site can see it.

Very cool little collectible for a great price

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Rjeso View Post
    Dude, I'm not a girly-girl by any means, but Tim Gunn rocks!
    *high five*

I'm just glad that someone else knows who Tim Gunn is. When Brice and Matt were preparing this little info blurb for the auction they were both like "I don't know who the H this guy is."

And I'm like "How could you not know Tim Gunn?!"

Make it work!

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Now he's every where I look.

Has some show on the TV I saw.

At any rate, this is going up today so anyone that is interested...please toss it a bid.

My Mood
    Amused

Matt ---> <---- Tim Gunn

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Auction #3--Mark Geyer Signed Illustration-The Green Mile-*CLOSED*

Auction 2:

Mary Geyer Signed Illustration

Electric Chair from The Green Mile

Mark Geyer's seven illustrations for The Green Mile are in the collection of Mr. Frank Darabont, Director of The Green Mile and The Shawshank Redemption. The illustrations first appeared in the six paperback chapbooks of The Green Mile, published by Duton Signet. The first of these illustrations, the electric chair, is offered here as an open edition print on 80lb. acid-free cover stock. Each print is signed in pencil.

Illustration sheet is 8X10

This Illustration was sent to our Fund Raiser personally by Mark Geyer at Nerak's request

This item will be auctioned of on DTbay starting:

Wednesday Jan 14th,2009--starting at $20.00

100% of the proceeds from this auction will go towards our Haven Foundation Fundraiser.

Please bid if you can

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

As soon as I see it, I'll bid!
    FYI, not on Dtbay yet.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Won't be out there for a week Jerome but I'm really glad you are interested.

This is the "give everyone ample warning" thread.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Auction #4-Scribner Hard Back Edition of Lisey's Story- **CLOSED**

Auction 4
    Scribner Hard Back Edition of Lisey's Story-With Slipcase
    ISBN # 13: 978-0-7394-7653-6

Lisey (pronounced Lee-See) Landon is the widow of an award winning novelist, Scott Landon. In the middle of cleaning out Scott's study, Lisey realizes that there's a great deal about Scott's past (and the past they shared together) that she has blocked out--and with the introduction of a crazy man named Dooley, Lisey must figure out what she's hidden from herself (and what Scott has planned for her) if she's to remain alive. The story is deeply psychological in nature, capturing every essence of the psyche of Lisey as she engages on her quest.

Wikipedia

This is a great oppritunity to own a very collectible copy of Lisey's Story for a good price.

Auction opens:

Wednesday-Jan 14, 2009--Starting price only $10.00

Please bid of you can, 100% of the proceeds from this auction will go to our Haven Foundation Fundraiser

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I suppose since it said January 14, 2009 I am supposed to know?

My Mood
    Gay

Ohhhh... neato.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

My Mood
    Gay

Starting bid $20? Is that a typo?
    Oh, I am soooo in on this one!

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hell yeah I'm biddin'!!
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow. Just wow. Great job, Karen!!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Way to go, Karen!

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Um, welcome, all I did was ask. See it never hurts to ask.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast