Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 515 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 144 194 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 12868

Thread: Collectible Classifieds-Primarily for Stephen King Items

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I have three Dan Simmons limited editions for sale:

Song of Kali (slipcased, Earthling) $70
    Phases of Gravity (slipcased, gold edges, UK edition, not the SubPress reprint) $50
    Hollow Man (slipcased, Lord John Press) $50

$150 for all three. I'm also interested in trades, King or other authors.

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

He WeDeal. What are you looking for Trade wise?

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Honestly, I'm so disappointed in Simmons as a human being that I'll take almost anything. PM me a list and I'm sure we'll work out a deal. I'm a huge fan of Lebbon, Mieville is pretty good too, Gaiman, Joe Hill, Warren Ellis, Garth Ennis, Alan Moore (looking for hardcovers and 'absolute' editions I don't have,) Keene, Steve Vernon, John Urbancik and I'm always interested in affordable signed paperbacks like BMB does (your fav. publisher, I know)..

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Honestly, I'm so disappointed in Simmons as a human being that I'll take almost anything.
    What has he done to disappoint you so?

Country
    Country Flag

If there is a polar opposite of my beliefs, he's right there. Except he's loud, arrogant and obnoxious about them. I must be masochistic though, because I read his forums on the regular where he's surrounded by his minions/yesmen and I can't help but to shake my head in disbelief. Xenophobia and racism are only the tip of the iceberg.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow...I met him at a small signing in Orange, CA a couple years ago. He seemed like a nice guy.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

You know now that I think about it, Simmons and BMB have a lot in common. Loud mouthed, obnoxious etc etc. I wonder if that hurts sales for either of them. I think it does for BMB seeing as how they can't seem to move much merchandise anymore. Personally I've directed at least a hundred or so fellow collectors away from them. I have a collection of posts I like to show.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    If there is a polar opposite of my beliefs, he's right there. Except he's loud, arrogant and obnoxious about them. I must be masochistic though, because I read his forums on the regular where he's surrounded by his minions/yesmen and I can't help but to shake my head in disbelief. Xenophobia and racism are only the tip of the iceberg.
    Huh, kinda like my feelings regarding Mr. King's taste in baseball team's!!!!

Sometimes I just kill myself!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mistercrowley View Post
    You know now that I think about it, Simmons and BMB have a lot in common. Loud mouthed, obnoxious etc etc. I wonder if that hurts sales for either of them. I think it does for BMB seeing as how they can't seem to move much merchandise anymore. Personally I've directed at least a hundred or so fellow collectors away from them. I have a collection of posts I like to show.
    Do you have a list of books for trade?

My Mood
    Devilish

Sorry WeDeal after thinking about Smmons for a few minutes I've decided to I don't want his work as part of my collection. Every time I'd look at them I'd probably just get annoyed.

My Mood
    Devilish

Anyone else ever deal with something like that? If I dislike the writer as a person I can't bring myself to read anything they write. Same with publishers and booksellers and buying books.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

For me it's all about story. They can be a total son of a bitch and I'll still love the stories. I've always liked Simmons stories. I haven't read the opinions that have been mentioned, but if I did my reaction would probably be oh, rascist xenophobic asshole who is a great writer. I don't think I want to read his opinions anymore.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by mistercrowley View Post
    Anyone else ever deal with something like that? If I dislike the writer as a person I can't bring myself to read anything they write. Same with publishers and booksellers and buying books.
    I try to overlook a writer's personal beliefs if I really like his writing. I think that politically Stephen King and I are about as opposite as you can be but I still enjoy reading his books. I guess I'd probably never get to see another movie if I boycotted anyone's work who believed differently than me. Very few conservatives in Hollywood.

My Mood
    Devilish

The political beliefs of someone dont bother me but when they go insane like Mel Gibson it really hampers my enthusiasm for anything that they touch. If you come off like a despicable human being I can't bring myself to support you in anyway is what it comes down to.

I can deal with talented whiner/douche bags though (I'm a big sports fan)

Country
    Country Flag

For the most part, one's politics don't bother me. Simmons seems to be over the top and as much as I like his books, I'll never buy a brand new one. I won't support him directly. Same goes for Orson Scott Card. Personal belief is one thing, but when those beliefs infringe on someone else's rights and freedom is where I draw the line.

King is a bleeding heart liberal but at least he's not talking down on anyone.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I can totally respect that, but I don't feel the same. I ultimately don't really care who wrote what I'm reading.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I feel much the way carlos does. I ignore the author/performer's political beliefs or his/her personal life if I enjoy their works. This goes from music to films to books. I am a Vietnam veteran, and I still enjoy Jane Fonda's works, as I do those of Joan Baez, although both were/are very, very strongly against that conflict. Likewise, there are a number of musicians that I wouldn't invite to my house for dinner, but I still like their music.

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I feel much the way carlos does. I ignore the author/performer's political beliefs or his/her personal life if I enjoy their works. This goes from music to films to books. I am a Vietnam veteran, and I still enjoy Jane Fonda's works, as I do those of Joan Baez, although both were/are very, very strongly against that conflict. Likewise, there are a number of musicians that I wouldn't invite to my house for dinner, but I still like their music.

John
    Well said!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

This is a pretty good Simmons screed:

http://www.dansimmons.com/news/message/2006_04.htm

I've read quite a few Iraq-related memoirs by authors who disagree with me politically...but that's not the same thing. As for entertainers, I like David Mamet movies, even though he's to the right of Genghis Khan. I think I generally don't care, unless their art becomes their agenda.

On the other hand, I did like Ted Nugent when I was growing up, but now I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

To keep on topic:

On Writing, 1/1, signed, $275.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    To keep on topic:

On Writing, 1/1, signed, $275.
    Thank you.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi team.
    I have received a UK 1st/1st Salem's Lot, and am putting it up for sale.

Please note one member here has already expressed an interest in it, and if he confirms, it may already be sold.

In anticipation he may pass on it, I thought I'd pop it here for the rest of you to consider. It is in good condition, is NOT price clipped. I've put a few pictures below, but have more to send upon request.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

There looks like a chunk out of the back panel of the d/j? Or is that the angle of the bottom picture?

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Rahfa,
    Yeah I see what you mean, I hadn't noticed that.

It is just the angle of the dustjacket when I took the photo. (it's kind of curving downwards). There is no chunk missing...

Cheers
    James

Ah, yeah, once you pointed that out, the curve is noticable...good to clarify that, though! Haha...

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Signed Limited audio version of The Drawing of the Three.
    $275 plus $10 shipping and insurance (U.S. sales only).

Signed Limited edition of The Dark Tower VII.
    $500 plus $15 shipping and insurance (U.S. sales only).

PM me.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 515 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 144 194 ... LastLast