Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 362 of 515 FirstFirst ... 262 312 352 360 361 362 363 364 372 412 462 ... LastLast
Results 9,026 to 9,050 of 12872

Thread: Collectible Classifieds-Primarily for Stephen King Items

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Exactly! Brian has nothing to apologize for. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Gunslinger Apprentice mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mkberger View Post
    A beautiful first edition copy of THE EYES OF THE DRAGON:

The book is unread, tight straight and clean, a fine copy. The jacket has light edge- and corner-wear, a small crease along rear top edge, another to top front at the "K" in "King," and a spot of heavier wear to rear at top of gutter. Color is great and the overall presentment is quite nice.

$25 OBO. Please PM if interested.

SOLD.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brian, I am really sorry to hear someone tried to make you feel bad about doing WHAT YOU WANTED to with YOUR PROPERTY. There was nothing wrong with it and shame on them for making you feel bad man. To be frank, it was none of their business what so ever. It really bothers me that someone would do that to a newer member and make them feel shitty enough about it that it made them feel the need to post an apology. SHAME on whoever did that to ya brother... the money went to the Haven and it became your property so do whatever the hell you want with it my man
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with Simon and the rest. Brian did nothing wrong.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep. Absolutely no wrong doing on Brians part here and nothing to apologise for.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree. Nothing to be ashamed of.

John

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Happens all the time. What's yours can be sold anytime.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Considering he's selling it for less than what he paid, I wouldn't say he's in it for a profit now is he? Sheesh. His original money still went to the HF and isn't that what matters?

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Considering he's selling it for less than what he paid, I wouldn't say he's in it for a profit now is he? Sheesh. His original money still went to the HF and isn't that what matters?
    Yes, a nice donation went to the Haven Fund, which is all that matters. Plenty of people here donate, and also bid on these awesome auction items. Unfortunately there are a few people who take things way too seriously, and just look for ways to criticize others and just take the fun out of it.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Good evening or morning, depending on where you may be, fellow forum members and staff. It has been brought to my attention that me offering to sell this piece from a very recent HF auction was in very poor taste. I apologize to you all for that and especially to the staff of the site that works so hard to bring these items forward for us to bid on and most importantly to assist in raising funds for the HF. It was an impulse bid and I actually thought it would sell for much higher. I thought it would have been in even more poor taste to withdraw my bid from the auction. Especially a HF auction. I assure you, I will take more into consideration before making future bids of HF auctions. I probably misspoke when I said I was wanting to sell the piece to "purchase more books". What I should have stated was the sell of the piece would have been applied towards a book/s for future HF auctions. My intent wasn't to make a profit on the piece as you can see but to merely offer it to someone here that wanted it at a slightly cheaper price. Again, my apologies as I didn't intend to tarnish the fundraiser or profit from it in any way outside of auctions that I have already won. Thanks for your time.

Brian

Recently won through a HF auction. I paid $150 as indicated in the closed auction link below. Asking $135 OBO PayPal FF. An impulse buy for me so looking to recoup some funds for more book purchases. Damn ADD!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...vip=true&rt=nc
    It was in poor taste for that person to contact you and criticize your actions.

It is yours to do with what you want....keep...burn....sell at a loss....sell at a profit.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if the person who did call Brian out, would do so publicly, and explain why selling something that he owns is somehow in poor taste.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can only repeat what has been said here before: no need for an apology,Brian.
    You did nothing wrong in my book!

sk

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

*in before being told to get back on topic*

I agree with everyone else and when I first read your apology I couldn't help but roll my eyes that someone scolded you over it. If you were selling at a profit so soon after buying I can kinda see it, but still wouldn't care personally. Selling at a loss? I don't get why anyone has a problem with that at all.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    I wonder if the person who did call Brian out, would do so publicly, and explain why selling something that he owns is somehow in poor taste.
    Would love to see this.... THEY are the ones that owe an apology.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep i see no issue with doing what you want with your property dude. No apology necessary at all

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

So many have already said it. I agree with all of the comments. Brian nothing to be ashamed of.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Good evening or morning, depending on where you may be, fellow forum members and staff. It has been brought to my attention that me offering to sell this piece from a very recent HF auction was in very poor taste. I apologize to you all for that and especially to the staff of the site that works so hard to bring these items forward for us to bid on and most importantly to assist in raising funds for the HF. It was an impulse bid and I actually thought it would sell for much higher. I thought it would have been in even more poor taste to withdraw my bid from the auction. Especially a HF auction. I assure you, I will take more into consideration before making future bids of HF auctions. I probably misspoke when I said I was wanting to sell the piece to "purchase more books". What I should have stated was the sell of the piece would have been applied towards a book/s for future HF auctions. My intent wasn't to make a profit on the piece as you can see but to merely offer it to someone here that wanted it at a slightly cheaper price. Again, my apologies as I didn't intend to tarnish the fundraiser or profit from it in any way outside of auctions that I have already won. Thanks for your time.

Brian

Recently won through a HF auction. I paid $150 as indicated in the closed auction link below. Asking $135 OBO PayPal FF. An impulse buy for me so looking to recoup some funds for more book purchases. Damn ADD!

I personally have no problem with this sale. The point of a donated HF item is to raise money for the charity, what the buyer does with the item after that is their business. I can see some members getting annoyed if it was bought to instantly make a big profit, but in this case, Brian was looking to sell for a loss. HF items rarely make good buys for resell anyway as:
    a) they have been well announced and most members looking to buy said item would have made their max bid already
    b) Price is sometimes 'artificially' raised because of the nature of the sale

I don't see any sentimental attachment to an item sold for the HF at all. It's clearly NOT 'in poor taste'
    Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    My thoughts exactly!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    I'm with you Simon. It's a shame someone or some people made Brian feel that post was required, but think his post was very well written and clearly explains where he was coming from.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Simon is exactly right. Others have resold Haven Fund auction winnings in past years, and to my knowledge were not criticized. Once the item is in their possession, they have every right to do whatever they want with the book.

Brian has nothing to apologize for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Exactly! Brian has nothing to apologize for. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Mulleins
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Brian, I am really sorry to hear someone tried to make you feel bad about doing WHAT YOU WANTED to with YOUR PROPERTY. There was nothing wrong with it and shame on them for making you feel bad man. To be frank, it was none of their business what so ever. It really bothers me that someone would do that to a newer member and make them feel shitty enough about it that it made them feel the need to post an apology. SHAME on whoever did that to ya brother... the money went to the Haven and it became your property so do whatever the hell you want with it my man
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I agree with Simon and the rest. Brian did nothing wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Yep. Absolutely no wrong doing on Brians part here and nothing to apologise for.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I agree. Nothing to be ashamed of.

John
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    Happens all the time. What's yours can be sold anytime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

Brian

It was in poor taste for that person to contact you and criticize your actions.

It is yours to do with what you want....keep...burn....sell at a loss....sell at a profit.
    Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    I can only repeat what has been said here before: no need for an apology,Brian.
    You did nothing wrong in my book!

sk
    Quote Originally Posted by AstroDad View Post
    *in before being told to get back on topic*

I agree with everyone else and when I first read your apology I couldn't help but roll my eyes that someone scolded you over it. If you were selling at a profit so soon after buying I can kinda see it, but still wouldn't care personally. Selling at a loss? I don't get why anyone has a problem with that at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Yep i see no issue with doing what you want with your property dude. No apology necessary at all
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    So many have already said it. I agree with all of the comments. Brian nothing to be ashamed of.
    Thanks, all! I really appreciate all your comments. It really did make me feel like shit or that I was doing something wrong. Or that I at least didn't express myself correctly. Ok, let's get this thread back on topic without me hijacking it any further. I see at least Collin did manage to sell his copy of EOTD between posts .

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

It was I who told Brian it was in poor taste to sell the HF item, and I don't care who knows it! I didn't have a reason for telling him that, I just don't like the way his face is put together, so I wanted to bring him down a peg.

Just kidding, I have no idea what we're talking about.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Shannon
    in case I personally did not say it. Thanks for the refund also...
    Not sure if I told you but...

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

No worries, I'm just sorry it took as long as it did.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian

As I am sure you all are aware, it was I that contacted this member regarding the item. However, the tone and tenor of my message was not incorporated in this post. I offered to help the guy out with the funds and maybe more importantly, I did so PRIVATELY. I in no way insinuated that a public apology was in order of any kind whatsoever. Nor did I try to make him feel "Bad". If, that was how he took it then my apologies. I simply extended an opinion and offered a helping hand which, is my M.O. around here despite what others may think.

You all just love to bash the shit out of me don't you? Am I outspoken at times and need to be reigned in? Sure, aren't we all? However, a member ruins another's reputation for no apparent reason, that's cool. I give a little extra at Xmas? Very uncool. I suggest that folks who came home with double digit copies of signed "Revivals" offer a discount to members who were unable to attend the signing? Blasphemy. I hold the HF close to my heart (a charity) for heaven's sake, I'm out of control. I converse privately with a member and it's "News".

There are many more instances and circumstances I could list, but why bother? You people have no idea, whatsoever as to what I do for my fellow members and the Haven Fund. I try to remain anonymous in my gestures and do not seek applause. I would think that maybe a few of you would throw me the benefit of the doubt. Lord, knows that I have been "man" enough in the past to step up and apologize for things I may have said or done that deserved it. My life is an open book around here. So, fine you want to have at me? Go for it, loyalty is fleeting and most of the folks here appear to have very short memories. I'm an easy target, have at it. Just know, that I really don't care what you folks think anymore. I know what is in my heart and what actions back that feeling up. The rest of you? God Bless

I'm sure everyone will weigh in on this post with all sorts of criticism and such. Have fun. Maybe instead of dropping a few bucks in a coffer, or helping an occasional member out you will re-think your own actions. I'm not saying everyone need be a philanthropist, we all do what we can, when we can I'm sure. However you don't have to sling mud on one every opportunity you get either. If I have offended anyone, my sincere apologies. FWIW, my intentions were for the good however, misconstrued they may have been.

Spoiler:
    I won't be posting in this, or any other "Calvin's Corner" threads (that I can think of) any longer. So, have your fun folks. Oh, and also my generosity to fellow members has just dried up for good. And before you start asking "What's he talking about regarding other members "Rep" and "Xmas gifts?", "Revival?" and so forth, do the research and let's not hash that out here yet again.

Spoiler:
    One last thing, If you have an issue with me, fine. However, can we agree to not spread it to HF threads in which the artist is posting? Take it up with me directly through PM. I have big shoulders.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I hate the "soap opera" aspect of this site...it gets quite annoying.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"As I am sure you all are aware, it was I that contacted this member regarding the item."

... I don't think anyone was aware.

Who cares? You can say whatever you want to anyone else, said anyone can do whatever they want with their own property, so on and so on. Let's get back to the good stuff!

Now ... I recently purchased an item won through a HF auction. I paid $135 as indicated in the Collectible Classifieds thread we are in. I am asking $735 OBO PayPal FF. It was an impulse buy for me so looking to recoup some funds for more inflatable sheep. Damn AIDS!

lol, couldn't help it.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This sounds like a rather small misunderstanding involving two people who both have clearly good and noble intentions for each other, the charity, and this forum.

But... more importantly... I've got some disposable coin, the Aussie dollar just got a small rocket up its ass, so let's roll with the classifieds people..!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This sounds like a rather small misunderstanding involving two people who both have clearly good and noble intentions for each other, the charity, and this forum.

But... more importantly... I've got some disposable coin, the Aussie dollar just got a small rocket up its ass, so let's roll with the classifieds people..!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 362 of 515 FirstFirst ... 262 312 352 360 361 362 363 364 372 412 462 ... LastLast