Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 360 of 515 FirstFirst ... 260 310 350 358 359 360 361 362 370 410 460 ... LastLast
Results 8,976 to 9,000 of 12872

Thread: Collectible Classifieds-Primarily for Stephen King Items

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay127 View Post
    I just recently got this, and it pains me to part with it, but something came up.

It s/l, with blank number line - fine condition all around - $1,000 pp gift shipped in the U.S., international at cost.
    Would a blank number line be considered a PC?

Yes I would think so.
    No. It's not a PC, it's not a specific number, or letter, it's a blank.
    There are reasons that blank copies exist, but each is unique to the publisher, book, and circumstances.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Whatever they are - it's a bit silly releasing them to the general public as blank.

As stated above - one could easily stick any number they wished to in there.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

It might be considered "Out of series." It might be an unmarked PC copy. It might be an actual numbered/lettered copy that wasn't numbered/lettered.

I have a Bradbury S/L without a number. It came in a special shipping carton. The carton is numbered but the book isn't.

These things happen.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Whatever they are - it's a bit silly releasing them to the general public as blank.

As stated above - one could easily stick any number they wished to in there.
    On two occasions, from two different small publishers that we deal with often, I had S/L books delivered that were very damaged. The publishers sent replacements that were "blanks" and they told me to enter the number myself. This was some years ago, but I wonder how widespread it is.

Gunslinger Apprentice Jay127 will become famous soon enough Jay127 will become famous soon enough

I asked brian from Cd about it, and my understanding it that 4 or 5 books didn't make it back from the printer for proper numbering. So CD did not release unnumbered books. I'm not sure what they would be referred to as. As far as numbering it on ones own, that would be pretty low in my opinion. Even if no one else would know, I would.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I asked brian from Cd about it, and my understanding it that 4 or 5 books didn't make it back from the printer for proper numbering. So CD did not release unnumbered books. I'm not sure what they would be referred to as. As far as numbering it on ones own, that would be pretty low in my opinion. Even if no one else would know, I would.
    I was shocked, more that I had to WRITE ON the book myself - I felt like i was damaging this expensive item. I agonised over the pen, etc. My numbers were matching but, at the time I was new to collecting and thought this was standard. Dodgy.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've had to number a book myself once. I received a three book matching set but one book wasn't numbered. I contacted the publisher who offered to number it if I sent it back. They went as far as to tell me the exact pen they used if I wanted to do it. They also insisted that they marked down that I had the specific number I requested. I opted to write it myself rather than send it back. You wouldn't be able to tell if you compared them.

Gunslinger Apprentice Jay127 will become famous soon enough Jay127 will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    I was shocked, more that I had to WRITE ON the book myself - I felt like i was damaging this expensive item. I agonised over the pen, etc. My numbers were matching but, at the time I was new to collecting and thought this was standard. Dodgy.
    No offense - I meant if someone numbered it 1 or 217 on their own. In your situation, you weren't given much of a choice!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    No offense - I meant if someone numbered it 1 or 217 on their own. In your situation, you weren't given much of a choice!
    You're right - it was/is a dodgy predicament.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I've had to number a book myself once. I received a three book matching set but one book wasn't numbered. I contacted the publisher who offered to number it if I sent it back. They went as far as to tell me the exact pen they used if I wanted to do it. They also insisted that they marked down that I had the specific number I requested. I opted to write it myself rather than send it back. You wouldn't be able to tell if you compared them.
    Your story and Peripheral's similar story are very interesting. I feel like it's on the up and up as it was in collaboration with the publisher, kind of like you were 'deputized' to do it. I would have agonized about it too if I was in the same position!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Smoke and Mirrors that I received in a CD grab bag was left blank. I contacted Dan over there about it and he asked me to "PC" it which I had my wife do. My penmanship sucks. It still felt weird but I agree with the "deputized" statement via contact with the publisher.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Whenever I have a new girl over that is into books, I give her one of the many extra In Mint Condition books I have left in my closet, put "BC" (for booty call, which I laugh internally about, heartily), then always sign it the same way on the title page:

Hope you enjoy the book as much as you enjoyed me.

~Shannon

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Not joking by the way, lol.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

...so that's why In Mint Condition part 2 bombed

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Whenever I have a new girl over that is into books, I give her one of the many extra In Mint Condition books I have left in my closet, put "BC" (for booty call, which I laugh internally about, heartily), then always sign it the same way on the title page:

~Shannon
    Which must not happen often considering the shear volume of books that remain in the closet .

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

~Shannon
    Which must not happen often considering the shear volumes of books that remain in the closet .

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Poor Shannon. Started with 200 books 4 years ago, and still has 198...

Monks get more than Shannon.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

It is Vegas... Maybe he worked out some kind of a trade with all the low-end prostitutes.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post

It is Vegas... Maybe he worked out some kind of a trade with all the low-end prostitutes.

2 trades in 4 years. He might do better exchanging cash instead of books.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Nope, I blame it on the fact that I exclusively only get with women who can't read.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Nope, I blame it on the fact that I exclusively only get with women who can't read.
    Probably best, as if she could read, and you showed her your writing...

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Man...Shannon you are just opening yourself up for these - its like lobbing softballs...oh wait maybe thats your problem.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Started with 200 books 4 years ago, and still has 198...
    Wait, so you're saying two new women in four years doesn't make me a "player"?

Google lied.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Just checked my IMC. It has BC on it. I need to cut down on the booze.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 360 of 515 FirstFirst ... 260 310 350 358 359 360 361 362 370 410 460 ... LastLast