Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 515 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 503 ... LastLast

Thread: Collectible Classifieds-Primarily for Stephen King Items

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I would just like to take a second of eeryones time and say something here. Please don't get offended, just a note on courtesy. 3 times now i have had people from the site contact me about books i listed to sell. Never got paid the first time ( this was a DTbay auction that the person actually won), even after repeated emails and doing my best to be understanding and cooperative. Recently i had someone contact me, tell me they wanted the book and would paypal me right away. I packaged eveyrhting up to ship and then the emailed me and said they found it cheaper from someone else on the site and no longer wanted my book. I was polite and said no big deal and let it go. Now they just contacted me again, agreed to buy 3 books from me, paid me alreadyand i was aboutt o shiop the books tomorrow, because once again i already packed them all up and now they email me and let me know they misunderstood what my book was, and they found it cheaper somewhere else.

This is realy frustrating and rude in my opinion, if you agree to buy somethig then you have made a contract, granted there are no enforcable rules here like ebay but people should consider it the same type of thing. We are all supposed to be somewhat of a family here. If you don't really want the book don't waste peoples time.

Makes me wonder if we shouldn't do away with any type of sales onthe site.
    Sorry if i offended anyone, i did not mention any names on purpose, so there is no reason for anyone to know who they were, i really just wanted this to be a reminder on how to treat deals between each other.

thanks for your time and i welcome any comments !

Rusty

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Dang Rusty, I am really sorry that has happened to you. I've been walking around in a world where I thought everyone always followed through with sales stuff.

Certainly my experience is that I have always been paid in a timely manner.

I'm not sure how to handle the situation, we could certainly use existing functionality on the board to track this kind of thing but I'm not sure how much it would help from the sellers side.

Very sorry it happened though--I do believe once a committment is made, it should be followed through with. I'm that way about everything.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree. Do your due diligence FIRST. Then fulfill your contract. It's the honorable thing.

Rusty, was it the same person who stiffed you both times?

John

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, its actually been 3 times, with 2 people the last person did it twice inthe last 2 months or so. We have exchanged some not so pleasant emails, today and he just sent me one, using great language and nice names and threatened to to make sure it was told all over this site, i will leave it up to him to decide if he wants to put his self out there, i won't mention his name yet, but if he does trash talk me i will post a copy of all the emails we have exchanged and let everyone decide for them selves.
    I know i am not on here as much any more and i do miss it but family takes a lot of time with a new baby, i hope no one sees me as just a seller (profit maker as i was called today) I rarely make a ny thingon books i sell
    Rusty

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

We don't feel that way Rusty and you are welcome to stop by as much as possible.

I do hope it can be resolved but let me know if you need me to get involved somehow...

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't say trash anyone, but realistically, as you say, tdt.com is like a tight knit family. Word will get around and people will avoid sales with members if they are a problem.

I don't really think stopping sales on the site is the best idea, as there are tons of us that do everything properly both buying and selling and by avoiding eBay we can save each other a fair amount!

That said, I hope everything can be worked out.

Also, as I'm sure many of us can, I can attest to Rusty being a great guy and a great seller!

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't really think stopping sales on the site is the best idea, as there are tons of us that do everything properly both buying and selling and by avoiding eBay we can save each other a fair amount!
    I totally agree and we will not stop selling on this site. Anytime someone can conduct a fee free transaction...its one more chance to stick it to Ebay.

The vast majority of transactions are smooth as silk I believe. My 20 auctions in the last two months have gone down without a hitch.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree, we should keep selling, I was just annoyed and upset. I am sure i was a bit more rude than i needed to be in my emails, but hopefully it will end here, i don't plan on responding to any more emails or sending anymore about it. Hopefully he can let it go, he got his money back. Just call it a learning experience, and move along.
    thanks again for the kind words and support, I miss it around here, i need t try and be a bit more active again !! The baby takes up so much time though !!!!!!!

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Wow... that really sucks. I am so grateful to anyone and everyone who has ever helped me or anyone else in finding a book. Its like you have many friends looking out for you.

Personally, I would love to know who it was. Fair warning to the rest of us. I dont see it as anything other than buyer/seller beware... but thats just me.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Agree with all the above posts (except posting the member's name - not sure it's the right thing to do unless he/she does it again - I say let sleeping dogs lie) - and congrats on the baby, Rusty!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    Wow... that really sucks. I am so grateful to anyone and everyone who has ever helped me or anyone else in finding a book. Its like you have many friends looking out for you.

Personally, I would love to know who it was. Fair warning to the rest of us. I dont see it as anything other than buyer/seller beware... but thats just me.
    Very true Dolan. I've been helped by so many here. It feels like visiting and sharing with family each visit here. But, with family also comes some bumps in the road. The issue wasn't with me but I'm not sure anyone's name should be posted. That's between the two members.

everyone

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the person should be named, there is a lot of trust based actions going on at this site and if someone is breaking the trust everyone should know. How would it be any different than feedback on ebay?

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by oy-the-brave View Post
    I think the person should be named, there is a lot of trust based actions going on at this site and if someone is breaking the trust everyone should know. How would it be any different than feedback on ebay?
    I both agree and disagree. You make a valid point, however its still unfair to "call out" another member. Maybe those interested parties should PM Rusty? It just doesn't seem in the interests of the community as a whole to cause more strife or ostracize another member (I know thats not the intent, but it would be the effect of naming names).

Gunslinger Apprentice Earth's Militant Mind is on a distinguished road Earth's Militant Mind's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can't we all just get along? Really though I have made some great deals with a few people on this site and would trust anyone here more than I would ebay. That being said I won't mail something unless I've already been paid and although it may be inconvienient would let them cancel up until the time I ship it(usually the next day). After that they bought it and if they don't want it they can sell it unless they have some valid reason (which I would make sure before I made the deal there would not be) to return it. It's just the price of doing business.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Rusty-

Am sorry you have had troubled with a wishy-washy member of this site. I agree that naming names and such would only hurt the site. If it is really a serious matter or becomes abusive behind the scenes, I'd take let site management step in (just ask Matt, me, Jerome, Patrick or Karen, among others).

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

While I presume Rusty to honest and truthful, we have heard his side only. Without hearing the other side Rusty got burned. That being said, unless the other person comes forth on their own, I am not sure naming them now would be beneficial.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I have no intention of publicly naming anyone, i was merely putting a little note out there to let others know to try and be fair and honest with who your dealing with, this is all trust based, we have no legal legs to fall back on as with ebay or any other auction site. I have done numerous deals with people on here, buying selling and even trading book for book with no problems at all. As was stated earlier there are always bumps in the road, i was just disappointed because it happened twice with the same person, i let it go the first time with out a word.
    With that said i am prepared to let it go, i don't wish to name them in the open and i don't wish to cause any problems on the site. 99.9 % of the members here are honest and trustworthy people.

M-O-O-N Chooch is on a distinguished road Chooch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rusty...sorry to hear about the issue. You are taking the high road (as everyone else has also said) about not giving out the persons name. Now that the situation is out and others know about it, the less likely the other person will continue to flip-flop on deals and it also shows that even in our small community ,that like a family, things happen but some wont be tolerated.

See my signature below v v v

Also BIG congrates on the new collector.....
    If it weren't for integrity...what would you be? Ka is a wheel.....

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by namelessnpoor View Post
    I have no intention of publicly naming anyone, i was merely putting a little note out there to let others know to try and be fair and honest with who your dealing with, this is all trust based, we have no legal legs to fall back on as with ebay or any other auction site.

With that said i am prepared to let it go, i don't wish to name them in the open and i don't wish to cause any problems on the site. 99.9 % of the members here are honest and trustworthy people.
    I appreciate you voicing this and thank you.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Rusty, glad to see you posting here (subject matter notwithstanding). I know that based on our past dealings, I would not hesitate to recommend you as trustworthy seller.

On the issue of price, there is always a range for every item. John said it above so clearly: "Do your due diligence FIRST. Then fulfill your contract. It's the honorable thing."

Congrats again on the baby!

- - -
    [partial post moved to the Random Thoughts thread, follow up posts moved as well.]
    Last edited by Patrick; 02-26-2009 at 05:13 PM. Reason: thread management
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice PlayPhish is on a distinguished road PlayPhish's Avatar

Cleaning out the collection. I'll continue to add more items to the list as time goes on. All books are in Fine to Very Fine condition. Prices include shipping/insurance.
    Part 1

$3000 Skeleton Crew Lettered
    $3000 Danse Macabre Lettered
    $2300 From A Buick 8 Lettered

Part 2

$800 Plant II Unsigned Proof
    $800 Plant III Unsigned Proof
    $1100 Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon Signed/Limited

Part 3

$1000 Regulators Signed/Limited (Bump to corner of box)
    $600 Secretary of Dreams Signed/Limited
    $750 Eyes of the Dragon Signed/Limited
    Last edited by PlayPhish; 03-07-2009 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Added Part 3

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow! Wish I had the money for those.

Hey PlayPhish, is there anyway you could ask Audrey if she is getting Matt's email concerning the fundraiser? I'm afraid they might be going todash for some reason.

Gunslinger Apprentice PlayPhish is on a distinguished road PlayPhish's Avatar

I'll ask Matt. Supposed to go over there tonight to do some printing/stretching/framing.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Woohoo!!

I'd appreciate it. Let her know we have plenty of time, I just wanted to make sure she was getting my little messages.

No pressure at all.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Well I'm still trying to get rid of my lot of UK first editions. In fact it is now at $500. I have it up at eBay, so I'll provide the link.

To put this is perspective a UK Thinner with Ribbon just sold for $175, and I paid $300 for my UK The Shinning. So in essence you can get another 30 books for $25. It's at a ridiculous price, but these are ridiculous times.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=230328204695
    Geoff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 515 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 503 ... LastLast