Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 516 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 514 ... LastLast

Thread: Collectible Classifieds-Primarily for Stephen King Items

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Eric. If it were signed, with that cool cover, I'd be hard pressed not to bid.

As it is, I'm really focusing more on Easton signed Vonnegut, but that's on hold with the new King S/L coming out any day now.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Folks - A quick question... a general feeling on the Easton Press editions is positive then? I've seen a couple on eBay that I was interested in, but wasn't sure.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Folks - A quick question... a general feeling on the Easton Press editions is positive then? I've seen a couple on eBay that I was interested in, but wasn't sure.
    I like the Easton Press and Franklin editions . I'm looking for some of the Michael Crichton books myself (I'm still sad he's gone).

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pam -

It really depends on the title, and the edition. Make sure you do your homework is the general rule.

In terms of production qualities, they are all worth the money, its more so an issue of the real value.

They are for the most part open editions, and as I understand it, when you sign up to one of their book clubs you get the books one month at a time. In the 100 greatest books series, Moby Dick is one of the first books, so there are tons of them on the market, and they are worth next to nothing. Some of the later books command higher prices because there are fewer of them on the market.

But, the same title is often in several different series, so its good to check the covers, many have cool designs, almost like a frontispiece in gilt, while other are nice, but kinda dull.

I guess long response short, they are quality books that can be fun to collect, but you need to do some research before committing big $$.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    Pam -

It really depends on the title, and the edition. Make sure you do your homework is the general rule.

In terms of production qualities, they are all worth the money, its more so an issue of the real value.

They are for the most part open editions, and as I understand it, when you sign up to one of their book clubs you get the books one month at a time. In the 100 greatest books series, Moby Dick is one of the first books, so there are tons of them on the market, and they are worth next to nothing. Some of the later books command higher prices because there are fewer of them on the market.

But, the same title is often in several different series, so its good to check the covers, many have cool designs, almost like a frontispiece in gilt, while other are nice, but kinda dull.

I guess long response short, they are quality books that can be fun to collect, but you need to do some research before committing big $$.
    Words of wisdom Eric, words of wisdom.

I should have clarified a little in my post. The few I'm looking for are part of the signed club editions. Some are auto-pen but some are actual signatures and limited.

I do like the Easton Press edition of The Dead Zone. Not signed but done very well IMO.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Country
    Country Flag

I've never seen an Easton Press book I didn't like.

Its interesting though, as some of the earlier ones, such as the two I have up on eBay, don't have the silk endpapers, but are still much more attractive books.

I've had some of the signed editions in the past, and the only thing I didn't like is that there is no limitation. I doubt the author signs as many copies as are ordered, year after year, but with it being left open like that.... I guess its possible.

My Mood
    Gay

Ralph and Eric - Thanks so much for your insights. Very much appreciated, as always.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Citizen of Gilead Darkmaniscoming is on a distinguished road Darkmaniscoming's Avatar

I've got an extra copy of a franklin signed limited "Kingdom of the Wicked" by Burgess (clockwork orange) There is a pen mark on one page for some strange reason, but I'd give it away for $40 if anyone is interested.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

The Easton 'signed first edition' series do have a limitaton (usually no more than 1700)...if you're a subscriber, some of them are big gainers in terms of price - Desmond Tutu, unfortunately Ted Kennedy - and others are slow climbers but good investments - Jerry Lewis, Tony Curtis - but others are not worth the issue price.

As for the 'signed modern classics' series, the limitation is open, but because their subscriber base is relatively small, I doubt there are more than 1700 copies of any specific book. They definitley don't see as much investment potential as the first editions though - Salman Rusdie and Jhumpa Lahiri should both have been worth something, imo, but they aren't.

Easton are kind of fun editions to gamble on - but sometimes you lose. Pre-elections, I spent a moderate price on some John McCain and a large price on John Kerry signed editons and lost heavily both times.

However, with Vonnegut it looks like he just had crates of signature pages to sign, becuase he's been dead for awhile, and some books are still available right from Easton. Prices on those books are starting to creep up. I just sold a Bagobo Snuff Box and Breakfast of Champions for $300+ each.

Easton explicity does not use auto-pens for what that's worth. Their COAs are pretty clear, so that's a good thing.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The quality of the Easton Press books is high, in my opinion, and I really like them.

However I don't really buy any books as an "investment" in the traditional sense. I buy them because I want them and I rarely buy anything with the intention of selling it down the road. I go in only hoping that if I ever had to sell, I'd hope to get my money out at best, but would probably take a small loss. In other words, I generally consider this whole thing more of a discretionary expense, not so much an investment. Far fewer worries that way. That goes for all my collectible books, including the beautiful Easton Press editions.

My Mood
    Gay

I was actually looking at a signed Easton Press edition of Lord Valentine's Castle by Robert Silverberg. It's my favorite Silverberg book.

Thanks everyone. Your opinions mean the world to me. Sincerely.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I listed a few goodies on ebay today and earlier this week.

<-----------------click my ebay link to see my stuff.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Country
    Country Flag

Also have these available and figured I'd give folks here first crack at them before sending them to eBay.

2nd edition DotT, fine/fine in after market slipcase.

AE of DTVII, fine/fine in after market slipcase. Has small drawing of the Eye of the Crimson King.

PM me an offer if you are interested. Keep in mind that shipping from Canada to the US will be between $15-$20 each. Would probably be able to ship both for under $30 though!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Tippy and Eric- Nice items. Good luck on the sales.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Gay

Eric do you have an idea of asking price on the 2nd of DoTT?

Country
    Country Flag

Pam -

Most recent one I see went for $48.03 on eBay. Add in the slipcase and shipping, and I'd do $60 shipped, or there abouts.

My Mood
    Gay

Pam -

Most recent one I see went for $48.03 on eBay. Add in the slipcase and shipping, and I'd do $60 shipped, or there abouts.
    PM in your mailbox, my friend.

Country
    Country Flag

DotT is gone thanks to the lovely Pam.

Price on the DTVII AE is $85 shipped within North America.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Eric, PM sent.

John

Country
    Country Flag

And the DTVII AE is now gone as well. Thanks to all the fine folks who had some interest!

My Mood
    Gay

Thank you, Eric. I appreciate you giving us a shot before the eBay thing.

Country
    Country Flag

No worries - its a win/win for everyone involved this way. Folks here get first shot and at a lower price, and I save some eBay fees and hassle. Plus, the books go to friends from the site instead of strangers.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Easton explicity does not use auto-pens for what that's worth. Their COAs are pretty clear, so that's a good thing.
    Thank GOD you cleared that up. I was late to this and I almost died when I saw that.

Citizen of Gilead Darkmaniscoming is on a distinguished road Darkmaniscoming's Avatar

Default The walls are closing in......

Here's a more detailed list of some groovy items I'm clearing out before they go on ebay....prices are a little lower for the members here than they will be listed. I'm open to offers on a bunch of stuff if anyone is interested...and of course trades are definitely in:

Gunslinger HC MINT 3rd print $90
    Drawing of Three 1/1 HC Mint $65
    DT III wastelands 1/1 HC Mint $65
    DT V wolves 1/1 HC mint $15 (3 copies)
    DT VII 1/1 HC Mint $15
    Black House HC 1/1 mint $15
    GWLTG 1/1 HC mint $10 (4 copies)
    Doloris 1/1 HC mint $15 (2 copies)
    Rose madder HC 1/1 Mint $15
    Needful things HC 1/1 mint $15 (2 copies)
    Regulators 1/1 HC mint $15 (2 copies)
    Regulators 1st HC canadian DJ price $32.99 (same book otherwise)
    Hearts in Atlantis HC 1/1 mint $15
    Dream Catcher HC 1/1 mint $15 (3 copies)
    Everythings eventual 1/1 mint $15
    Nightmares Dreamscapes HC 1/1 mint $15
    Dark half 1/1 HC mint $10 (3 copies)
    Talisman 1/1 HC $15 very good closed tear to cover some chipping

Dark Half signed/inscribed (great Sample) BC $125

Gunslinger 1st TSC $8 very good some shelfwear
    Wastelands 1st TSC $8 very good (both cover designs)
    Drawing of the three $8 1st TSC very good slight shelf wear
    Wizard and Glass 1st TSC $8 very good
    DT VI 1st thus TSC (turtle cover) $6 very good (2 copies)

PM me if interested....Thanks

My Mood
    Gay

No worries - its a win/win for everyone involved this way. Folks here get first shot and at a lower price, and I save some eBay fees and hassle. Plus, the books go to friends from the site instead of strangers.
    You are completely correct about the win/win. The majority of my King books have been purchased from collectors here - who I know I can trust. That beats an eBay listing, any day of the week.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 516 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 514 ... LastLast