Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 515 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 160 210 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 12872

Thread: Collectible Classifieds-Primarily for Stephen King Items

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I hope to hear from each and everyone involved, either publically or privately, about their Unveiling experience.
    I was pretty pleased with the whole thing. I guess I was the repondee who mentioned "excellent packaging." I ordered three items of varying sizes (book, newspaper supplement, magazine) and they were nicely protected. And they arrived in the condition stated. It was sort of a fun afternoon with the whole "unveiling" concept. A fair amount of anticipation, expectation, etc.

Two items of concern: I'm surprised that George's items were not adequately packaged for shipping. Sharon is not a novice at this. She has long maintained a presence on ABE as Book Magician. Whether or not that is a physical store or just an online business name I do not know but she has obviously been shipping out books for quite some time and really should do an adequate packing job on every order. I'm really surprised to hear of George's problem. Maybe it was the fault of the postal service? They can destroy even the most carefully packed box.

The other was the request for additional funds after the PayPal transaction had been completed. It is generally the seller's burden to absorb transaction costs associated with the sale unless stated otherwise at the beginning. I was taken aback by the request to send additional money after the transaction was done. I didn't make a stink about it since it wasn't all that much money but still......

But, on the whole it was a well done event and I was happy to add some new items to my collection.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Bob, I have no doubt that USPS was responsible for the torn open and wet packaging (obviously), but the packaging itself has to lay with Sharon. I agree completely, she should have known better than to send a $300 softcover proof wrapped only in a single layer of small bubblewrap and brown mailing paper ... yet nonetheless that's what she did. A little cardboard reinforcement and extra layer of bubblewrap or peanuts or even crumpled paper would have gone a long way, IMO.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Sharon should have hired Gregory Hurlstone to do the packaging (not that I'm complaining but I've never seen anything remotely like Greg's great work)!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Bob, I have no doubt that USPS was responsible for the torn open and wet packaging (obviously), but the packaging itself has to lay with Sharon. I agree completely, she should have known better than to send a $300 softcover proof wrapped only in a single layer of small bubblewrap and brown mailing paper ... yet nonetheless that's what she did. A little cardboard reinforcement and extra layer of bubblewrap or peanuts or even crumpled paper would have gone a long way, IMO.
    Yeah, she should really know to do better than that. Like I said earlier she has been doing this for quite a long time.

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Shannon, everything I bought arrived fine, packing was good, not great but good. I will add, obviously Sharon was
    a smoker and it shows with some of the items. thanks. -K

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Sharon should have hired Gregory Hurlstone to do the packaging (not that I'm complaining but I've never seen anything remotely like Greg's great work)!
    You have clearly never purchased anything from me.

FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Tippy,
    Can you let me know if you've ever received a PM from me, cos I've tried a couple of times but never heard back from you...

Cheers
    James

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I hope to hear from each and everyone involved, either publically or privately, about their Unveiling experience.
    Two items of concern: I'm surprised that George's items were not adequately packaged for shipping. Sharon is not a novice at this. She has long maintained a presence on ABE as Book Magician. Whether or not that is a physical store or just an online business name I do not know but she has obviously been shipping out books for quite some time and really should do an adequate packing job on every order. I'm really surprised to hear of George's problem. Maybe it was the fault of the postal service? They can destroy even the most carefully packed box.

The other was the request for additional funds after the PayPal transaction had been completed. It is generally the seller's burden to absorb transaction costs associated with the sale unless stated otherwise at the beginning. I was taken aback by the request to send additional money after the transaction was done. I didn't make a stink about it since it wasn't all that much money but still......
    Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
    Shannon, everything I bought arrived fine, packing was good, not great but good. I will add, obviously Sharon was
    a smoker and it shows with some of the items. thanks. -K
    First off, my apologies to any member who purchased something from the auction and wasn't pleased. I myself bought a few items and when I received the package today I was less than pleased. After reading some of the experiences members had I contacted Shannon and voiced my concerns. I feel that by allowing the "unveiling", I bear some of the public responsibility.
    Shannon is aware that I am disclosing this PM conversation:

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg
    Damaged packaging

I received my book order today and it really was some of the shoddiest packaging I've ever seen. Despite the package being ripped and banged, there appears to only be a small ding to the corner of the paperback "Silver Bullet".
    I feel compelled to post the pictures in the forum, not so much as a slight against you, but as an example of the owner doing a pathetic job.
    Additionally, it wasn't mentioned in the ads, but the books reek strongly of cigarette smoke. So bad that I put them in my garage and will have to take time and effort to prop them up in front of a fan and splay them open to reduce/eliminate the smell.

You personally didn't package them, but you represent the seller, and by allowing you to post the ads in the way you did, I defacto in a member's eyes represent you. I will hold off posting the images until I hear back from you, but it is a matter that I believe should be discussed on the forums.

Jerome

Here are pictures of the package I received today:

I trust Shannon will satisfy any member's complaints, and if not I would like to be advised.

Additionally, I believe (but cannot compel him to) Shannon should refund all of the charges member's paid after the fact when they were informed that the funds were to be sent as a "gift". Shannon could have simply refunded the initial payment, and then the buyer resubmit their payment as a gift (if they chose to do so) with no fees.
    The books reeking of cigarette smoke should have been disclosed.

Once again, I apologize to any member who is less than pleased with the transactions, and urge them to work it out with Shannon, and if for some reason the problem isn't solved, please contact me personally.

J

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I do not agree that I should automatically refund everyone's PayPal fee as I have had individual conversations with every single buyer regarding the subject, but if anyone now feels differently, please contact me and I will send you back your fee immediately.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That is some seriously bad packaging.

Anyone who sells anything, whether it's one item or many items needs to disclose everything upfront before the sale. I don't recall anything about these books being from a smoker's environment. I'm not a smoker and can't stand books that have the slightest odor of smoke in them. I wouldn't even have looked at these had I known this information.

If I were doing this, I would've at least had a conversation with the person doing the packaging to make sure they were doing it sufficiently since these are such expensive books and I'm the one representing those books in online transactions.

I try to always use boxes and bubble wrap, protecting the edges and fill out the box with newspaper so there's no movement when you shake it. If I use an envelope, I'll put the item in plastic between two pieces of cardboard and tape it up.

I sent the recent Night Shift Dolso case in a box as described via UPS insured and it arrived in perfect condition.

I lost out on the PayPal fee and insurance/S&H but that's what you have to do sometimes to make a sale and the customer happy.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

For some reason I feel compelled to let everyone know that I smoke and I smoke and I smoke!!! My wife does as well. I asked her if she smoked after sex and she said she never looked!! LOL

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony will become famous soon enough Tony will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Considering the smoke issue with these books, I guess that lettered Gunslinger should be even less.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Considering the smoke issue with these books, I guess that lettered Gunslinger should be even less.
    You're probably a cigar smoker just looking for a deal!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I do not agree that I should automatically refund everyone's PayPal fee as I have had individual conversations with every single buyer regarding the subject, but if anyone now feels differently, please contact me and I will send you back your fee immediately.
    I never said you HAVE to refund the fee for each person. I said cannot compel you to do so. But since you have offered, I encourage anyone who wants a fee refund to request it from you. I feel reasonably assured you will resolve any and all issues. Once again, I myself can't issue a refund, but if any member is dissatisfied with a transaction on this "unveiling", and can't resolve it in private with Shannon, please contact me.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hannibal Smith said it best; "I love it when a plan comes together". Unfortunately it doesn't always work out that way! RF, my package looked pretty much like yours, right down to the red bubblewrap, but I'd say yours took worse of a beating.

I was going to say the same thing about you Tippy, you beat me to it!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

I haven't, and until I do I will have to put Greg at the top of my list. It literally took me 30 minutes before I held the book in my hands, the last time I bought something from him. But I'm sure you do a great job too, I have read references to your work here!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

I haven't, and until I do I will have to put Greg at the top of my list. It literally took me 30 minutes before I held the book in my hands, the last time I bought something from him. But I'm sure you do a great job too, I have read references to your work here!
    I can vouch for the packing job Greg does. Wow is all I can say.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Listing a few items:
    Stephen King Haunted Heart US proof $20
    Bag of Bones promo Phonograph $225
    Dark Masques proof $40
    Stephen King-The non-fiction proof $40
    Big Book of Necon proof $50
    Life in the Cinema proof $40
    From the Borderlands proof $40
    Horror Plumb'd proof $40
    Screamplays proof $40
    Desperation US proof $125
    Hearts in Atlantis proof UK $40
    Bag of Bones US proof $30
    Hearts in Atlantis US proof $40
    all plus shipping...
    PM me if interested

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

For Sale "The Shining" not a 1st, but it has the T.S. $8.95 jacket,
    The book is for somebody who needs the Jacket (not perfect by any stretch) or need to fill a temporary hole in the collection
    this was a birthday gift for some guy named Jeff in 1979, I know that because it's written on the inside of the book.
    Please make an offer... 100% of the profits will go to the Haven Charity Fundraiser
    It's for a good cause !! Money will not come to me, it will go directly to the Haven fundraiser on this site.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    The book is for somebody who needs the Jacket (not perfect by any stretch) or need to fill a temporary hole in the collection
    this was a birthday gift for some guy named Jeff in 1979, I know that because it's written on the inside of the book.
    Please make an offer... 100% of the profits will go to the Haven Charity Fundraiser
    It's for a good cause !! Money will not come to me, it will go directly to the Haven fundraiser on this site.

Totally Awesome gesture, Rich!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Along the Path of the Beam Niall is on a distinguished road

Clearing out some shelf space and am selling the following audio books on cassette tape. All are $1 each plus shipping charge. Can do a deal for more than one, really just need the shelf space. All are in very good condition with the exception of Drawing of The Three. This is worn on corners and edges. PM me for pic's

BLOOD AND SMOKE. (3 CASSETTES)
    RIDING THE BULLET. (2 CASSETTES)
    THE MAN IN THE BLACK SUIT (4 DARK TALES) (3 CASSETTES)
    EVERYTHINGS EVENTUAL (5 DARK TALES) (6 CASSETTES)
    THE DRAWING OF THE THREE (THIS LOOKS LIKE IT COULD BE THE ORGINAL RELEASE, READ NY STEPHEN KING ON 8 CASSETTES)

FINALLY, SELLING DARK TOWER 5,6&7 SIGNED NUMBERED 797. PM ME FOR PIC'S $1000

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

This has sold.. Thanks for donating to "The Haven Foundation"

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

OK, the crap hit the fan for me and I seriously misjudged my bills this month. This is a one-day sale. If I can't sell it by the end of the day it sells locally here in town.

IT - Signed Limited for $600

This hopefully will make it into a pretty happy household with the price.

PM me thanks!

Gone - thanks people!
    Geoff

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking to sell my S/L LITTLE SISTERS OF ELURIA #652. Also have the matching A/E #652 if you wanted both. This allows the buyer to purchase the new S/L WIND THROUGH THE KEYHOLE from Grant. PM with offers. Thx.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

UPDATED SALE 2/11 - SOME GOOD ITEMS

My Pretty Pony WHITNEY Edition: $2,000 (F/F; Comes with Brochure in support of the release)

CARRIE 1st Edition: $725.00 (VG/VG Bought from Betts / Slight rubbing to bottom of DJ spine)
    The STAND 1st Edition: $100.00 (G/G; DJ is protected by Brodart Cover, Spine yellowed and is fragile - Can send pics)
    The STAND 1st Edition: $20.00 (VG; NO DJ - Previous Owner Name written in Ink on 1st Blank Page)

DTVII ARTIST Edition: $40.00 (F/F; Collector Grade)

Night Visions 5 1st/1st: $20.00 (F/F; Collector Grade)

I can send pics on all items upon request...

Media Mail Shipping Included in US / Actual INT'l Postage

AKC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 515 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 160 210 ... LastLast