Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: carlosdetweiller

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

A photo of the far wall. Closets at the end. In the closets are more books, one of the best collections of 1950's and 1960's Monster Magazines you could imagine, a couple of boxes holding all those Entertainment Weekly magazines, more boxes holding Castle Rock newsletters and Phantasmagoria by Beahm, two boxes holding duplicate Cavaliers, Gents and Nuggets. It's pretty packed in there.

And there you have it. A complete tour of the basement and "back room." Please watch your step on the way out.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

What are those tabs at the bottom of the books on the shelves?. Are those your catalog system?. Do you offer 'back stage pass' to the back room, Bob?.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    What are those tabs at the bottom of the books on the shelves?. Are those your catalog system?. Do you offer 'back stage pass' to the back room, Bob?.
    Those are home made cards to designate the year. They are just 3 x 5 cards with label holders attached to them. One card for each year so I can (hopefully) keep things relatively straight.

I have one "back stage pass" waiting for you at the front door, Juliana.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow! I am just amazed. So...now that we've seen it all what is the one item you (currently) most NEED for your collection?

And it's almost reached the point where you need a few librarians.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Wow! I am just amazed. So...now that we've seen it all what is the one item you (currently) most NEED for your collection?
    At the top of my wish list is a proof copy of CARRIE. I also don't have proof copies of any of King's first five books published in the UK by NEL.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I might go blind!

Simply AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know what else to say, except THANKS for SHARING!!!! :-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Heres a question - Betts Describes Chris Cavilliers' (sp) collection as being the "super collection". Was his actually bigger than yours, or is it more so a marketing gimmick to say it was the biggest known SK collection? What pieces did he have that you didn't? and which ones do you have that he needed?

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    Heres a question - Betts Describes Chris Cavilliers' (sp) collection as being the "super collection". Was his actually bigger than yours, or is it more so a marketing gimmick to say it was the biggest known SK collection? What pieces did he have that you didn't? and which ones do you have that he needed?
    I was very impressed with Chris's collection and felt in a lot of ways it was superior to mine. He had quite a bit more original manuscript material, more early proofs and, I think, more ultra expensive items.

In terms of sheer volume Chris's collection didn't approach mine as he didn't go into anthology and periodical appearances. And he didn't have any artwork that I know of.

I've been fortunate to have been "in the loop" when a couple of large collections were sold, got first dibs on many items and have filled many holes in my collection. I bought a ton of stuff when Charlie Fried and Chris sold their collections.

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

I LOVE you basement Bob. If I had a house that is how I would want it to look like. I'm just starting to collect. Right now the only book I can get is the LSOE AE. But hey it's a start.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tatts4Life View Post
    I LOVE you basement Bob. If I had a house that is how I would want it to look like. I'm just starting to collect. Right now the only book I can get is the LSOE AE. But hey it's a start.
    All the collectors on here had to start somewhere. I started with a Carrie paperback. You could be the next carlosdetweiller.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

And that brings me to another question. What was your first King book...and do you still have it 25 years later?

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatts4Life View Post
    All the collectors on here had to start somewhere. I started with a Carrie paperback. You could be the next carlosdetweiller.
    Well he did say that was 25 years worth of work. so hopefully in 25 years I will have at least something half that good.

And that brings me to another question. What was your first King book...and do you still have it 25 years later?
    You bet I still have my first King book! A movie tie-in paperback edition of THE SHINING. I got it right after I saw the Kubrick movie in the theater.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Right on! I know which edition you mean. I have one on my bookshelves too. I wish I still had my first King book.

If you rescue me

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Default Bob's collection

Hey Bob,
    How do you store your periodicals? Is everything bagged/boarded by
    year?alpha? title? King fiction? non-fiction? movie related?
    I've got over 2000 magazines, newspapers etc...all King related and I'm overwhelmed at times to find a specific article!
    thanks,
    -Kerry

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Simply a awesome collection of books!

and thanks for the Charnel House pictures. I can see where your coming from with the Lettereds, as they are traycased without any text. The numbered editions actually look better, because you can see the books and the name of the books. Thanks!
    Geoff

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

speachless!

Really amazing!
    I was already impressed, when this summer i've met probably the biggest french King collector... (and about any Fantastic books..)
    But that even not close from that!

I dont have any word to express myself... !
    Just... congratulations and THANK YOU for sharing the pictures :-)
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
    Hey Bob,
    How do you store your periodicals? Is everything bagged/boarded by
    year?alpha? title? King fiction? non-fiction? movie related?
    I've got over 2000 magazines, newspapers etc...all King related and I'm overwhelmed at times to find a specific article!
    thanks,
    -Kerry
    I went into that a little bit with the last set of photos of the back room. Basically they are bagged and most are boarded. I have three categories:
    1. Non-fiction appearances
    2. Fiction appearances
    3. Interviews and articles about King

They are arranged chronologically in each category. Go to page 2 of this thread and scroll down near the bottom for pictures. They are not pretty but I can usually lay my hands on what I want quickly IF I know the year. I don't think I have nearly as many as you though.

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    You bet I still have my first King book! A movie tie-in paperback edition of THE SHINING. I got it right after I saw the Kubrick movie in the theater.
    Voila! The Alpha book!

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Bob,
    Sounds like pretty much the same I try to do. You do a
    fantastic job of keeping it all organized and in showcase
    condition.
    Thanks again for sharing.
    -K

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Bob, are you sharing photos of your own basement or is this actually the Special Collections Archive Of The Raymond Fogler library at the University of Maine at Orono?

I kid.

Again, thank you so much for sharing your collection with us. Stupendous!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Voila! The Alpha book!

You should encase it in lucite

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Bob,

Do you collect other promo items?. Bookmarks, postcards, globes, calender, etc. I know you have paperweights. I'm wondering what else I need to find to complete my postcard and bookmark collection.

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

I am speechless to say the least! Just amazing and I absolutely love the artwork especially the Insomnia painting. It looks almost 3D (at least in presentation). If only I had the room for something like this (of course my wife wouldn't go for it though) I would be broke! I'd also have to give up my DJ studio and all of my vinyl (which I don't think will happen in this lifetime)!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bob-

I seriously just wet my pants.
    No words can adequately describe my thoughts.
    As a collector myself, I know how proud you are of your collection...a labor of love. So, I think we each know how the other feels.
    Well done. Simply outstanding.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast