Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best Short Story - Nominations Closed

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

These questions have been haunting me since dawn. I'm consulting higher authorities now.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I nominate Everything's Eventual.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

N. should be listed as a novella or a novelette indeed. It's listed as a short story in that Wikipedia article though, but that's a rare inconsistency. Otherwise it seems correct. Eventual is a novelette and is listed as such by Wiki, so that's also the same category

crazy cat lady ksmithcats is on a distinguished road ksmithcats's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

They're all just so good. I'd forgotten how much I loved Mrs. Todd's Shortcut 'till I looked at the list, so I'm gonna nominate that one.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ksmithcats View Post
    They're all just so good. I'd forgotten how much I loved Mrs. Todd's Shortcut 'till I looked at the list, so I'm gonna nominate that one.
    Seconded!

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

i want to nominate Here There be Tygers

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post
    second

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post
    second
    Third.

Along the Path of the Beam Mianjo is on a distinguished road Mianjo's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I came in here to nominate The Man in the Black Suit, so I will second it. I will then nominate my second choice, which is Crouch End.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Crouch End seconded

Here There be Tygers fourthed

Country
    Country Flag

Nona 2
    All That You Love Will Be Carried Away 3
    Lunch at the Gotham Café 4
    Strawberry Spring 2
    The Boogeyman 2
    My Pretty Pony 1
    1408 3
    The Man in the Black Suit 2
    Mrs. Todd's Shortcut 2
    Here There be Tygers 4
    Crouch End 2

Country
    Country Flag

:!: Novellas vs. Short Stories

Dear friends,

I have edited the list of novellas in the first post of Best Novella thread, adding N and all those listed as novellas in the wiki article, as pablo recommended.

Brian: I will count in your vote for N. in that thread.

Brian and Lisa: you still have one nomination for short story each.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Nona 2 thirded
    Strawberry Spring 2 thirded
    The Boogeyman 2 thirded
    My Pretty Pony 1 seconded
    The Man in the Black Suit 2 thirded
    Mrs. Todd's Shortcut 2 thirded
    Crouch End 2 thirded
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

I 4th the boogeyman
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Country
    Country Flag

Nona 3
    All That You Love Will Be Carried Away 3
    Lunch at the Gotham Café 4
    Strawberry Spring 3
    The Boogeyman 4
    My Pretty Pony 2
    1408 3
    The Man in the Black Suit 3
    Mrs. Todd's Shortcut 3
    Here There be Tygers 4
    Crouch End 3

Country
    Country Flag

Nobody wants to nominate any short story from JAS?

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Wasn't "N" from JAS?

The only one I've liked so far was Gingerbread Girl (I think that's what it was called). I'm not nominating that though, I'm saving my nomination for something else. I have to get the title though.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm gonna' nominate Jerusalem's Lot.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    Wasn't "N" from JAS?

The only one I've liked so far was Gingerbread Girl (I think that's what it was called). I'm not nominating that though, I'm saving my nomination for something else. I have to get the title though.
    They both are being nominated under "Novellas"

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Of course, I just read that up there.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Country
    Country Flag

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I'm gonna' nominate Jerusalem's Lot.
    I'll second this
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nominate
    Dolan's Cadillac
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

Country
    Country Flag

I could be mistaken, someone more knowledgeable will confirm or deny, but I think "Dolan's Cadillac" is a novelette: longer than a short story, but not long enough for a novella.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

third Jerusalem's Lot

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast