Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1184

Thread: Bookcases

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Without reading through this entire thread, any suggestion for barrister style case or any bookcase with glass door that's not IKEA? I'm thinking of adding another case to a guest room. About 32'-36' width. If it's lockable, even better! Running out of room!
    Doors are a must to keep out the dust. Anything really tall, you would have to latch onto studs onto the wall. I like shorter cases. I have two really nice matching ones that are oak and I painted them the shelves are basically standard. I old off a lot of books, but I need one more case that has adjustable shelves because of some of the newer editions made ungodly too big. This one I will add a link as to something I have been looking at. But personally, it is nice to find used furniture is furniture has bad resale value.

https://www.overstock.com/Home-Garde...=&searchidx=40
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I was going to add. If you can get a nice solid wood type audio cabinet, that is also an interesting route. I had two and have sold the one because of shrinking my collection. They worked nice, didn't move, had adjustable glass shelves, and were solid. Just another option.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Great ideas! The concern is to find bookcases strong enough to withstand the weight of a fully stocked case. Some of the banister cases notates that they have a shelf weight capacity of 22 pounds per shelf, which is impressive. I like the look of the storage suggested by allsorte, but worry if the legs would be able to bear the total weight of a fully stacked shelves entirely of books. It's sold as a media storage, which to me sounds like DVDs with some books. Would feel more comfortable with a solid base bookcase. Also agree to not get anything too tall. Maybe maximum 4 shelves for barrister style if I'm getting that.

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Great ideas! The concern is to find bookcases strong enough to withstand the weight of a fully stocked case. Some of the banister cases notates that they have a shelf weight capacity of 22 pounds per shelf, which is impressive. I like the look of the storage suggested by allsorte, but worry if the legs would be able to bear the total weight of a fully stacked shelves entirely of books. It's sold as a media storage, which to me sounds like DVDs with some books. Would feel more comfortable with a solid base bookcase. Also agree to not get anything too tall. Maybe maximum 4 shelves for barrister style if I'm getting that.
    Actually media storage is different then audio storage. Audio storage is for the cabinets that hold audio equipment, which some of these items are very heavy like receivers.

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cabinets / Cases designed for Audio storage might also have holes drilled into the rear to allow cable passthrough.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Got my Sauder bookcase from Amazon yesterday, put it together today, took less than an hour and a half:

doors open

doors closed
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks good. And if it's anything like my stuff, it's already full.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough

Wow I really like that!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Nope, only 7/8 full!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Nope, only 7/8 full!
    What is the material made of? Is it solid.

It looks like wood to me. The instructions say to polish it with wood polish and it weighs a lot. I have a lot of Sauder bookcases and I'm happy with all of them.

Gunslinger Apprentice M_O_O_N has a little shameless behaviour in the past M_O_O_N's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice. And you did not have to relocate the painting.
    There are no coincidences. Only Ka.
    ~I don't like rep points! ~
    Please use only the 'I disapprove' option for me. (If it do ya fine.)

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I posted these in my collection thread but meant to share them here as well. A couple weeks back I showcased a new (vintage) barrister I had purchased, here's what it looks like with some King books

Forgive the terrible lighting, and no the books aren't in any particular order. Only thing to note is that the uppermost shelf wasn't as tall and only really allowed for BCE's and other shorter editions.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice! I've really got to get some more cases
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Beautiful! Thank you for posting them.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, great setup.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful cases there, Chase.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Those look great!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice M_O_O_N has a little shameless behaviour in the past M_O_O_N's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Picked up this bookcase at a garage sale today. A few more coats of Orange Oil wood polish should bring back it's full lustre. Perfect fit for the wall behind it as all the other ones are full.

Country
    Country Flag

Here is my current SK collection bookcase.

Figured out how to post to the gallery today, too.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

A fantastic collection. I love the log cabin also.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Nice pictures, camera or phone?

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Love seeing that collection. Very nice bookcase.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

That's awesome find and looks to be in great shape. I'm with Ralph, love the log cabin.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    A fantastic collection. I love the log cabin also.

Mulleins
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Love seeing that collection. Very nice bookcase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    That's awesome find and looks to be in great shape. I'm with Ralph, love the log cabin.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Nice pictures, camera or phone?

iphone6

+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast