Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Bookcases

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Oy,

Does all the glass shelves hold your collectible and reading copies or do you store your reading copies elsewhere?. Those are nice bookcases.
    I have the one bookcase (which is really a curio cabinet that matches my bedroom set, thats why the glass shelves) which has my SK s/l, my Poppy Brite collection and a few other books that are really special to me.

The other bookcases that I got from Homedecoratorscollection.com hold my signed first editions which are in the cabinet thats to the left of the bookcases in the library picture, the bookcase to the left in the pic holds my small press s/l and my SK (non s/l) the other 3 bookcases in the pic hold mostly reading copies and some other authors first editions.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Dave, call me? I am the painting QUEEN. And, I work for beer.

I got these at www.homedecorators.com. (I see Dave is a fan of their work, as well!) Many sizes to choose from; the media shelves were to house paperbacks (also available in multiple sizes), which take up too much room on traditional depth shelves. Ironic how a DVD and a paperback are about the same width.

These took minimal "put-together" skills (I consider myself very proficient in RTA furniture, these were really quite simple) and they look fabulous. My pics are not the best; I'll see if I can get some better ones.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Dave, I really like that last bookcase (the curio cabinet). Thanks for story on the shotglasses - a friend of mine has a lot as well, I'll let him know about that site if he wants to display them.

Daghain, nice shelves, but they're mostly empty. Looks like you need more books!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, just you wait until I post new pics. My collection has grown!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Today I ordered this one:

Oxford 48"W Six-Shelf Bookcase with Glass Doors
    Finish: Honey
    Expected Ship Date: 01/07/09

Coincidentally my wife received a catalog from that website recently and she had a promo code for 15% off - saved almost $72 on this purchase.

Can't wait to get it! Thanks, Dave, for all your information. Thanks, Bob and everyone else for sharing theirs as well.

I didn't start this thread, so thanks also to Pablo for putting the idea in my head that I need a real bookcase.

Who's next?

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got that catalog, too, Patrick. Now I just have to make some decisions!!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I loves me some Home Decorators. 90% of my house is furnished by them. Their outlet store is AMAZING.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

So, what, apparently I'm the last person to have heard of them?

"...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice choice Patrick.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I get their catalog and always love their bookcases.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My wife and I built ours, but these are meant to be permanent, not movable.

Our Library

Ignore the fact that it's not completely painted at this point. I did the construction. My wife stained and finished them.

-Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post

Our Library

Ignore the fact that it's not completely painted at this point. I did the construction. My wife stained and finished them.

Great looking bookcases - and house!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Gris - That is great! I love the stairs going up to the library upstairs. Very cool.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Very impressive Gris, you gotta show us a picture when the painting is finished!
    Geoff

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed. Love the staircase!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Our Library

Very nice Gris.

I do have to say Damn you though. I'm lusting after your staircase. I might as well eat a banana split and ruin the other resolution I set this year

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

gris...dude.... that is impessive as hell- THAT'S the type library i've always dreamed of....some day when i build on my addition... i hiring you to build my libary.

so... gotta say the secret room behind the bookcase is the the coolest. what's it going to be used for? high dollar books? a safe room for the family? family jewels? a safe room for mom and dad away from the kids?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Geez, Craig. It's great! I also like the fact that it looks like you've got lots of room on your shelves! I've completely run out of room and am stacking books on top of books now.

John

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    So, what, apparently I'm the last person to have heard of them?

Yes.

And Gris, those bookcases are AWESOME. I'm totally jealous!

Country
    Country Flag

These pics are already quite old in relation to the current status of the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    gris...dude.... that is impessive as hell- THAT'S the type library i've always dreamed of....some day when i build on my addition... i hiring you to build my libary.

so... gotta say the secret room behind the bookcase is the the coolest. what's it going to be used for? high dollar books? a safe room for the family? family jewels? a safe room for mom and dad away from the kids?
    What you are seeing back there was the unfinished attic. It's already been insulated and turned into our master suite. The bedroom portion is done and we've been sleeping in it for about a year. I'm in the process of tiling the bathroom. It's all plumbed and works, just not finished.

So the secret door goes from the library balcony to the master bedroom. Wife said "I think it would be neat to have a secret door somewhere" so I made her one. Thing runs off of a car remote. press the button on a remote hidden in a book and it releases a magnetic lock holding it closed.

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Geez, Craig. It's great! I also like the fact that it looks like you've got lots of room on your shelves! I've completely run out of room and am stacking books on top of books now.

John

Yeah, there is no room anymore. I work for a publisher and every few months we get an employee only "Excess Book Sale" where PBs are $.50 and HCs are $1, so it filled up fast with fluff. I've been slowly replacing that fluff with books I actually care about. But the shelves are full. I'll have to take some new photos.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

That is so friggin' awesome. I want a library just like that. And a secret door. Sweet!
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, there is no room anymore. I work for a publisher and every few months we get an employee only "Excess Book Sale" where PBs are $.50 and HCs are $1, so it filled up fast with fluff. I've been slowly replacing that fluff with books I actually care about. But the shelves are full. I'll have to take some new photos.
    Interesting.... which publisher do you work for?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    Interesting.... which publisher do you work for?
    HarperCollins Publishers. I'm in the IT dept. I make C#/.Net web apps
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher

My Collection

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Holy shit, Craig, that's awesome! You say it's done now? Then please do take some current photos.

On a side note:

David, thanks.

Daghain:

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Craig, you have created the library of my dreams, it's beautiful, and from the second level with ladder to the secret door all the things I wish I could have done

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast