Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
My problem with finding a nice bookcase is that the one's I find, shipping or freight only deliver to the front door... and I live up three flights of stairs at an apartment. The delivery stops at the front door of the aparment building - not at my apartment! So, I can never find exactly what I want and get it in my place.

I understand having to pay extra for something nice that is going to last, but there's no way I could get it up all those stairs, so literally, I can't get the bookcases I would like to.

Right now, I just have basic bookcases that I got at Staples - they deliver to the door. Yeah, they're the simple one's that you have to assemble yourself, but they do the job.

I am bookmarking some cool ones that oy-the-brave linked up above, because one day, I am going to have the library of my dreams...
In looking at the link for the Hale barrister ones, delivery's free (to the street/door), but for an additional cost they WILL deliver in-house and unbox, etc. No clue what the price is, but it might be worth a phone call or email! I'm actually thinking about those myself - it's time for a change here!