Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast

Thread: Bookcases

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

This thread has been quiet. I've been super busy with moving and was able to get these pretty damn cheap. They are side by side bookcases that are pretty heavy. I decided to leave them as is.

Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I posted this bookcase awhile ago, but, I found an identical one in Daytona Beach, painted it to match the older one, and now have twins! I was super excited as I loved how these turned out. As for the gargoyles, got those over a decade ago. They are real stone bookends. One of my favorite Christmas gifts of all time lol.

Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Very nice!!!!!
    Thanks Bill! As you can see I have much open space. A good/bad thing. But with some books eventually on their way, it will fill up too fast.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice cases, Joe!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Very nice cases, Joe!
    Thanks again! I have to admit, I always liked the older wood types. But, many people here like the billy ones from Ikea. Those are pretty nice too. If I ever needed another one, that might be my next one to get unless I find something big and old.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love me some book cases! But those gargoyles - those are fantastic! (And don't worry about the extra space. As soon as you get some, it disappears. It's the collector's curse!)

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Love me some book cases! But those gargoyles - those are fantastic! (And don't worry about the extra space. As soon as you get some, it disappears. It's the collector's curse!)
    The collectors nightmare. It's the obsession, the hobby, the fanatic, the curse. I did a search for stone gargoyle bookends as I was curious about getting another pair. Always loved the stories behind what they represented throughout history. But so far, haven't seen anything. Perhaps I didn't look too hard. Thanks for the support of my addiction!

Gunslinger Apprentice FennyBate is on a distinguished road FennyBate's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice pair of bookcases, they look fantastic loaded with books.
    Re. the gap between a pair of doors, which was discussed earlier in the thread, you can buy weather stripping with a self-adhesive back, from any hardware store. They come in various sizes and colours. Measure the gap, buy the appropriate strip and stick to the edge of one of the doors.
    Lincoln.

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by FennyBate View Post
    Nice pair of bookcases, they look fantastic loaded with books.
    Re. the gap between a pair of doors, which was discussed earlier in the thread, you can buy weather stripping with a self-adhesive back, from any hardware store. They come in various sizes and colours. Measure the gap, buy the appropriate strip and stick to the edge of one of the doors.
    Lincoln.
    Thanks, I remember you guys talking about gaps. Are you referring to the tall ones?

Gunslinger Apprentice FennyBate is on a distinguished road FennyBate's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any gap around the doors, but usually the vertical one.
    (Wasn't referring to your doors in particular, was commenting on earlier discussion on what to do about door gaps).

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

got my billy book cases from IKEA. pictures to come eventually!

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Can't go wrong with those. They look great and are very easy to assemble.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    I was in the process of building one last night when I noticed that the front of the bottom shelf is unfinished. I could have sworn I double checked that I oriented the top, middle and bottom pieces correctly (my first case I swapped the bottom and middle pieces, so now the bottom of the middle fixed shelf is unfinished). I guess once I install the doors, you won't notice the error when the doors are closed, but it is obvious when the doors will be open.

I also remember from the first two book cases that the holes in the doors for attaching the hinges were not big enough so I had to manually widen the holes. This time I have a cordless drill, so maybe I can use that without widening the holes by hand.

I guess I know why I never became a carpenter.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    I was in the process of building one last night when I noticed that the front of the bottom shelf is unfinished. I could have sworn I double checked that I oriented the top, middle and bottom pieces correctly (my first case I swapped the bottom and middle pieces, so now the bottom of the middle fixed shelf is unfinished). I guess once I install the doors, you won't notice the error when the doors are closed, but it is obvious when the doors will be open.

I also remember from the first two book cases that the holes in the doors for attaching the hinges were not big enough so I had to manually widen the holes. This time I have a cordless drill, so maybe I can use that without widening the holes by hand.

Using a screw gun can and probably will destroy the screw heads. Try using a small drill bit. A bit smaller then the girth of the screw. And do not go deep into the whole. Go almost as deep as the screw thread before the head. Make sense?

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post

Using a screw gun can and probably will destroy the screw heads. Try using a small drill bit. A bit smaller then the girth of the screw. And do not go deep into the whole. Go almost as deep as the screw thread before the head. Make sense?
    As it turns out, this time the holes were just fine and was able to do it by hand without enlarging the holes. I guess third times the charm in that regard.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Along the Path of the Beam Topo77 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally I have finished my new house and my new home library. So I can show you the final product

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, that looks beautiful. Congratulations!
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

My Mood
    Confused

There are a lot of books there toppo! Nice! Question: What type of figures are those in the case?

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

GREAT room!!

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Amazing!

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love it!!!!!!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Holy shit! That is amazing!!!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Holy shit! That is amazing!!!
    + 1 !!!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast