+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42
Results 1,026 to 1,029 of 1029

Thread: Bookcases

Servant of Gan allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Without reading through this entire thread, any suggestion for barrister style case or any bookcase with glass door that's not IKEA? I'm thinking of adding another case to a guest room. About 32'-36' width. If it's lockable, even better! Running out of room!
    Doors are a must to keep out the dust. Anything really tall, you would have to latch onto studs onto the wall. I like shorter cases. I have two really nice matching ones that are oak and I painted them the shelves are basically standard. I old off a lot of books, but I need one more case that has adjustable shelves because of some of the newer editions made ungodly too big. This one I will add a link as to something I have been looking at. But personally, it is nice to find used furniture is furniture has bad resale value.

https://www.overstock.com/Home-Garde...=&searchidx=40
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Servant of Gan allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I was going to add. If you can get a nice solid wood type audio cabinet, that is also an interesting route. I had two and have sold the one because of shrinking my collection. They worked nice, didn't move, had adjustable glass shelves, and were solid. Just another option.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Great ideas! The concern is to find bookcases strong enough to withstand the weight of a fully stocked case. Some of the banister cases notates that they have a shelf weight capacity of 22 pounds per shelf, which is impressive. I like the look of the storage suggested by allsorte, but worry if the legs would be able to bear the total weight of a fully stacked shelves entirely of books. It's sold as a media storage, which to me sounds like DVDs with some books. Would feel more comfortable with a solid base bookcase. Also agree to not get anything too tall. Maybe maximum 4 shelves for barrister style if I'm getting that.

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Great ideas! The concern is to find bookcases strong enough to withstand the weight of a fully stocked case. Some of the banister cases notates that they have a shelf weight capacity of 22 pounds per shelf, which is impressive. I like the look of the storage suggested by allsorte, but worry if the legs would be able to bear the total weight of a fully stacked shelves entirely of books. It's sold as a media storage, which to me sounds like DVDs with some books. Would feel more comfortable with a solid base bookcase. Also agree to not get anything too tall. Maybe maximum 4 shelves for barrister style if I'm getting that.
    Actually media storage is different then audio storage. Audio storage is for the cabinets that hold audio equipment, which some of these items are very heavy like receivers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42