Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Pearl Jam

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, that's one feature I don't want. It mentions the software can remove those cracks and pops and I'm thinking why the fuck would I want to do that?

Pam...none of the sites affiliated with that one had the stanton, but I found a site that had one for about $250 if you're interested. I can't do it right now, but I definitely want one.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Yeah, that's one feature I don't want. It mentions the software can remove those cracks and pops and I'm thinking why the fuck would I want to do that?
    Exactly. Aside from the obvious and drastic superiority in dynamic range offered by vinyl compared to cd (or even worse mp3) I think the authenticity of the vinyl sound is its greatest feature. Pristine condensed digital sound is too antiseptic for me.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well said ...and so true. Vinyl is my preferred musical medium always.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Announced !

Dates :

Ed Vedder Solo Tour Dates:
    * Indicates unconfirmed, possible "rollover" dates.
    ** No kama'aina discount

Jun 8 Albany, NY Palace Theatre
    Jun 9* Albany, NY Palace Theatre
    Jun 11 Philadelphia, PA Tower Theatre
    Jun 12 Philadelphia, PA Tower Theatre
    Jun 14 Baltimore, MD Lyric Opera House
    Jun 15 Baltimore, MD Lyric Opera House
    Jun 18 Nashville, TN Ryman Auditorium
    Jun 20 Memphis, TN Orpheum
    Jun 21* Memphis, TN Orpheum
    Jun 23 Atlanta, GA Cobb Energy Performing Arts Ctr
    Jun 24* Atlanta, GA Cobb Energy Performing Arts Ctr
    Jun 29** Maui, HI Arts & Cultural Ctr - Castle Theatre
    Jul 1** Honolulu, HI Hawaii Theatre Ctr
    Jul 2** Honolulu, HI Hawaii Theatre Ctr

I'm hoping to go to the Philly show, but I'm not sure I can make it yet.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Along the Path of the Beam Fishonabike is on a distinguished road Fishonabike's Avatar

I can remember calling the big local alternative station back in '91 and requesting PJ.

"Sorry, we're not playing them yet."

Ten, IMO, is their best album by far. I'm trying to figure out why they'd remix it.

My Mood
    Gay

Actually, the remix brings it back to a raw-er kind of sound, if you can imagine. It's awesome!

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

My Mood
    Gay

Well... I got my name in the hat for one of the Philly shows! Fingers crossed on that one! I would love to see Eddie solo! I've only ever seen PJ once, and this would just cap that off... especially at this smaller venue.

Good luck Pam. I hope you get tickets!

My Mood
    Gay

I need all the luck I can get, man, thanks !

My Mood
    Gay

Hey PJ fans - MTV and VH1 are both running a 30minute special on TEN.

It's titled : Pearl Jam Ten Revisited
    ( set those TIVOs and DVRs )

Has interviews, video clips, etc.

John F. Kennedy ScottRiley is on a distinguished road ScottRiley's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ten is one of my all time favourite albums, soundtrack to my second year of college, just one of those classic PERFECT albums where every song feels like its growing out of its predecessor and you couldn't add, remove or swap around ANYTHING to make it better.

I think Vs. is an awesome album too, I'd love to catch them live at some point, they're definitely on the list of bands to see before I die!

My Mood
    Gay

PJ live is something to behold, that's for sure!

The one show I was able to go to was great!

Still waiting to hear if my name got picked from the pool for Ed solo tickets!

My Mood
    Gay

Via Billboard and Reuters :

NEW YORK (Billboard) – Pearl Jam is lining up U.S. concert dates for the second half of the year, including the Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival in San Francisco.

Along with Dave Matthews Band and the Beastie Boys, the group will headline the festival's second edition, scheduled for August 28-30 at Golden Gate Park.

M.I.A., Modest Mouse, the Mars Volta, Black Eyed Peas, Ween, Thievery Corporation, Incubus and Jason Mraz also are in the lineup, which was announced Monday.

Pearl Jam also has completed 14 songs for a new album and is working on a film with director Cameron Crowe, guitarist Mike McCready said in a recent radio interview.

McCready told Seattle's "Ron & Don Show" that the band is about halfway finished with its next album. McCready said the band expects to have the album out before the end of this year. Pearl Jam will self-release the album, its ninth.

As for touring, the band is doing a "little thing in the States," and aims to play South America in 2010, McCready said.

Pearl Jam is widely expected to be one of the headliners of this year's Austin City Limits Music Festival in Austin, Texas. The event's promoter, C3 Presents, declined to comment to Billboard about the lineup, but the Austin Chronicle is calling the band's involvement "the worst-kept secret since Metallica's SXSW (South by Southwest) showcase."

Dave Matthews Band, Beastie Boys and Kings of Leon also are expected to be announced as headliners on April 28.

Pearl Jam has long been courted by C3 Presents for the Austin festival, especially after the promoter convinced the band to play Lollapalooza in 2007, its first large festival show in the U.S. since the mid-1990s. Pearl Jam played the Bonnaroo festival, in Tennessee, in 2008.

John F. Kennedy ScottRiley is on a distinguished road ScottRiley's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, sounds like an AWESOME lineup!!

My Mood
    Gay

Well my name didn't get pulled for Ed Solo tickets.... I will have to try and buy them when they go on sale to the general public ( I was going for fan club seating ). I am bummed.

Gunslinger Apprentice blg is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fishonabike View Post
    I can remember calling the big local alternative station back in '91 and requesting PJ.

"Sorry, we're not playing them yet."

Ten, IMO, is their best album by far. I'm trying to figure out why they'd remix it.
    Ten was remixed because the original version sounded like crap. Listen to it through headphones and there is a swirling echo on Ed's voice throughout. The new version is far superior, the guitars have more punch, the vocals are more raw sounding, and the tempo is slightly faster which is a more acurate interpretation of what they sound like live.

I understand those that think 10 was their best album, I was 19 when it came out and was fan from the beginning. However... Vitalogy, No Code, Yield, and VS are all better albums IMO. Many people fell off the bandwagon after VS since the band in the mid 1990s stopped making videos, doing interviews, etc.

My Mood
    Gay

NEW YORK (Billboard) – Pearl Jam, Dave Matthews Band and the Beastie Boys will headline the three-day Austin City Limits Music Festival in Texas on October 2-4.

Other acts scheduled to perform at the annual Zilker Park event include Kings of Leon, Ben Harper and Relentless7, Thievery Corporation, John Legend, Sonic Youth, Mos Def, the B-52s, Lily Allen, the Decemberists, and Coheed and Cambria.

Three days festival passes start at $185 (with no service fees) through aclfestival.com (http://aclfestival.com).

My Mood
    Gay

On a bright note .... Pearl Jam will be recording their set for broadcast on Austin City Limits.

( oddly, no mention if DMB wil be doing the same )

This story causes me to re-evaluate Pearl Jam's anti-corporate credibility. Doing commercials for Target is not exactly what I expected from this band.

I'd probably have dismissed it as blogger speculation, but then it was confirmed by the band's management.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/...03978374.story

http://stereogum.com/archives/pearl-...ad_071831.html

My Mood
    Gay

I'm not really sure what's up with my beloved PJ ... because a Pearl Jam version of Rock Band is in the making. These things just seem so commerical, and I usually don't equate that with Ed and the boys.

I am going to give the benefit of the doubt, though, that the Target deal will somehow benefit the fans, maybe keeping the price down, etc.

Kelly Curtis, the band manager : "We'll have a lot of partners," said Curtis, who confirmed that deals were also finished or in the works with an online retailer, a mobile partner, a gaming company and with a network or possibly networks of indie retail stores. "Target ended up allowing us to have other partners. We'll be able to take care of all levels of the Pearl Jam fan...We wish we could tell the whole story right now, but all the deals aren't done. Target was cool enough to realize that little independent record stores are not their competition." Curtis was also quick to note that the album would be for sale via Pearl Jam's fan club, Ten Club.

ETA: I will likely get my copy via the Ten Club. They ( PJ ) usually offer exclusive content, etc, there anyways.

My Mood
    Gay

Pearl Jam North American Tour Dates Announced !!!

DATE CITY VENUE PRE-SALE DATE/TIME

Sep-21 Seattle, WA Key Arena July 13th, 10am PDT
    Sep-22 Seattle, WA Key Arena July 13th, 12pm PDT
    Sep-30* Los Angeles, CA Gibson Amp. July 14th, 10am PDT
    Oct-1* Los Angeles, CA Gibson Amp. July 14th, 12pm PDT
    Oct-6* Los Angeles, CA Gibson Amp. July 14th, 2pm PDT
    Oct-7* Los Angeles, CA Gibson Amp. July 14th, 4pm PDT
    Oct-9 San Diego, CA Viejas Arena July 15th, 10am PDT
    Oct-28 Philadelphia, PA Spectrum July 15th, 12pm PDT
    Oct-30 Philadelphia, PA Spectrum July 15th, 2pm PDT

Couple of Philly dates, though the timing looks bad for me. .

My Mood
    Gay

Well, I didn't get tickets to the Philly shows ( sucks! ) but at least I'll be able to get the boots for the fan club. Just announced :

Pearl Jam and the Ten Club announce Bootleg program for 2009

Pearl Jam's official website (www.pearljam.com) will be the exclusive distributor for live bootleg recordings from their upcoming tour in support of their 9th studio album "Backspacer".

Shows will be available in three formats- MP3, flac and Burn-on-Demand Compact Discs.

Shows will be mixed and mastered and available within weeks of the show date.

not to be nitpicky (as if i could help myself) but isn't the name "bootleg" a bit silly to apply to what are essentially officially sanctioned professional recordings? this is not to say this is a bad program and it's cool of the band to make these available, but for them to call them bootlegs is simply inaccurate.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

...and how do they know they're exclusive distributors of boots (if that's what they properly are)?

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by jayson View Post
    not to be nitpicky (as if i could help myself) but isn't the name "bootleg" a bit silly to apply to what are essentially officially sanctioned professional recordings? this is not to say this is a bad program and it's cool of the band to make these available, but for them to call them bootlegs is simply inaccurate.
    Yes, they're not technically "bootleg" but well, they used to be - back in the olden days, and PJ just brings that forward... bt you knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    ...and how do they know they're exclusive distributors of boots (if that's what they properly are)?
    You can only buy them first hand via the Ten Club/Fan Club. That's exclusive unless you get then second hand.

I can't wait honestly. I'm still trying to buy up all the previous "boots" from other tours. I have them all from the last tour, but that really wasn't that many ( 13 from 2008 ).

There are 72 from 2000.
    There are 73 from 2003.
    There are 32 from 2005.
    There are 68 from 2006.

That's a lot of music !!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast