Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which will advance to the next round?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rear Window

12 40.00%
  • Stand By Me

18 60.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BMOAT - Octa-Finals, Bracket VIII

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default BMOAT - Octa-Finals, Bracket VIII

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Rear Window and Stand by Me are two of my favorite films. I think both of these should move on. But since I have to choose one Rear Window gets my vote, that film is just a masterpiece, and it's hard to compete with Hitchcock.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

Intelligence. Nothing has caused the human race so much trouble as intelligence.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ummm . . . didn't I already post in this thread? Is there a duplicate or have I officially lost my mind?

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Stand By Me is a great movie, but Rear Window is Rear Window.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rear Window

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh seriously! How can you compete with this:

"Suck my fat one? Whoever told you you had a fat one Lachance?"
    "Biggest one in four counties!"

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

but we compare movies, not screenplays, don't we?

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure I understand you - thats a quote from the movie, I don't believe the screenplay was ever published, it being based on SK's novella, The Body.

I'm only joking anyway. I realise that Stand By Me may not have the cinematic merits of other films, but to me it's very poignant for a number of reasons. Although technically i think Rob Reiner, the director, deserves much credit for getting such natural performances out of such a young group of actors

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Although technically i think Rob Reiner, the director, deserves much credit for getting such natural performances out of such a young group of actors
    Reiner should definitely get credit for Wil Wheaton's performance as it is the singular good performance of his otherwise shitty career. It's amazing he could hold his own at all given two of the other actors he was working with. His post-adolescent career and life may have been a trainwreck, but as a child actor Corey Feldman was phenomenally talented. And River Phoenix, all you had to do was point a camera at him and he'd take care of the rest. He could have been the greatest actor of his generation if he hadn't died.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ditto everything you just said.

Have you ever seen the documentary of the making of Stand By Me? It's an extra on the dvd and is very insightful, and quite touching with the interviews with Wheaton, Feldman and O'Connell when they talk about their thoughts/feelings of the film after River Phoenix died.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Darkers.... I'm wholeheartedly standing by you on this one.
    SBM is a staple here at our house, and has so many moments of my
    life in it ( or so it seems) that for me this is the only choice to make.
    And may I add that beating out Hitchcock is and of itself says alot!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Have you ever seen the documentary of the making of Stand By Me? It's an extra on the dvd and is very insightful, and quite touching with the interviews with Wheaton, Feldman and O'Connell when they talk about their thoughts/feelings of the film after River Phoenix died.
    I have and it is very touching.

I really love this film and if it were up against almost anything other than Rear Window I'd likely have voted for it. Well, at least it will get my vote in the Best King on the Screen category of the CRA's.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

I must admit... I disliked Stand By Me
    (ducks and runs for cover)
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    I have and it is very touching.

I really love this film and if it were up against almost anything other than Rear Window I'd likely have voted for it. Well, at least it will get my vote in the Best King on the Screen category of the CRA's.
    ditto what you just said. I felt really bad not voting for it. This has definitely been the toughest bracket for me so far. I think both of these movies deserve to move closer to the finals.

I'm going to have to check out that documentary. I've had the dvd for awhile, just haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    **forces O to watch stand by me over and over again until she confesses her love**

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Stand By Me

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Cant vote on this one. Havent seen Rear Window. *hangs head in shame*
    Stand by me is one of my top 5 movies though.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    **forces O to watch stand by me over and over again until she confesses her love**
    did ya tie me up????
    *bats eyelashes*
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

It's such a shame there won't be any Hitchcock films in the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    We should do an all-Hitchcock tourney. That'd solve that problem and probably feature a lot more films that I like.

Feev, get on that.

Now that sounds like a good tournament!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    We should do an all-Hitchcock tourney. That'd solve that problem and probably feature a lot more films that I like.

Feev, get on that.
    Now that sounds like a good tournament!
    As long as we include Lifeboat, I'm in!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Of course, how could we not. That's a wonderful film, that you never really hear much talk about.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

My favorite Hitchcock film, I think. Just great.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast