Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: RECESSION BLUES PART 2

Gunslinger Apprentice 3 DOORS DOWN is on a distinguished road 3 DOORS DOWN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default RECESSION BLUES PART 2

Hi all,
    I last posted this thread on 24/10/08. The day after it was announced that 100 redundancies were to be made (a 1/3 of the work force) by 4th december.It's been a rough time since wondering if my job would be safe.On the morning of the 4th we were told the 100 to go would be told they had lost thier jobs between 9am and 11am (A long 2hrs of watching and waiting).
    I was lucky,i got to keep my job many did'nt.
    My faith in the HR department (new to our company) who picked the 100,is at an all time low some good skilled workers lost thier jobs while others ,well i think you get my drift.Hope "none" of you are going through the same.

Vagrant Dead pickle is on a distinguished road pickle's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yep i found out the other day that i will be jobless come January, not the best news to recive before cristmass.

I supose there isnt too much point pulling my hair out over it, but its gonna make things tough.
    ... From the keyboard of Kevin

"A gunslinger knows pride - that invisible bone that keeps the neck stiff."

"Officer Benzyck! It's good to see you and there's some jam right there on your collar, praise God!"- Rev. Earl Harrigan

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

On the flipside, while the unemployment rate rises, my job security is guaranteed - but I am getting busier.

I'm sorry for all of you who worry about losing your jobs, or already have.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

I just thank God my beau's job is recession proof (officer, US Military) and wish I could say the same. Working for a small business by day and trying to get paid to write for small businesses by night just isn't the thing you want to be doing when the economy gets tough.
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.