Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Mannish Boy Blues - The Gender Discussion Thread

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well SJ, I wasn't expecting any women to be named. Especially Eleanor Roosevelt.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brad Pitt is more masculine in, say, Fight Club. Speaking of which, Edward Norton anyone?

What about whatshisname... oh God, I'm looking at him right now... Wolverine.... :facepalm:

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by ka-mai View Post

Brad Pitt is more masculine in, say, Fight Club. Speaking of which, Edward Norton anyone?

What about whatshisname... oh God, I'm looking at him right now... Wolverine.... :facepalm:
    Hugh Jackman, do you mean?

Country
    Country Flag

Hugh Jackman? Isn't he gay? If so, that's why he didn't make the cut. Knob gobbling is a decisively feminine action.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Hugh Jackman? Isn't he gay? If so, that's why he didn't make the cut. Knob gobbling is a decisively feminine action.
    Mayhap you haven't noticed my mood, sir....

Seriously, though, I disagree with that assessment. One's sexual orientation has nothing to do with one's masculinity/femininity.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

I disagree. Well not with the Hugh Jackman being gay part, he could be, I don't know, but with the felatio as a feminine action part. While it's statistically likely that it is performed more by females than males, I don't think that makes it a feminine act. It's simply a sex act, and one that men can perform upon one another just as easily as a woman can a man. I am not gay so I am not positive exactly how things work in a male/male relationship, but I wouldn't think it's all that uncommon for both partners to perform oral sex on one another. I'm not sure this makes them both feminine in the performance of the act. Obviously this is all a matter or perception and subjectivity, thus SJ's survey, but that's my take on it.

Now vaginal sex, that's decisively feminine.

PS. My wife and I refer to Hugh Jackman as Huge Jackass. We're not particularly big fans of his. Also, I just asked her and she doesn't find him masculine or attractive.

My Mood
    Angelic

My apologies, but I can't resist....

*as Daphne Moon from "Frasier"*

"That's not how you spell fellatio."

Sorry....

But yeah, that's an elaboration of what I was saying.

Country
    Country Flag

My statement was actually just me joking around. Hence the "".

My Mood
    Angelic

My statement was actually just me joking around. Hence the "".
    Poe's Law, sir, Poe's Law.

Anyway, back on topic: IS Hugh Jackman gay? Does anyone have any information on this?

I'm only curious because it sounds like something I might have known once, but I don't recall enough to be certain of it....

Quote Originally Posted by John_and_Yoko View Post
    My apologies, but I can't resist....

*as Daphne Moon from "Frasier"*

"That's not how you spell fellatio."

Sorry....

But yeah, that's an elaboration of what I was saying.
    I usually trust the little spell checker built in to the thread editor to highlight things in red when I spell them incorrectly, but when I changed it to include the second "L" it stayed red. Normally my next move is to google it and wait for the inevitable "Did you mean ______?" but I wasn't too keen on viewing the results on a search for fellatio so I just let it go.

So thanks J&Y for being my back-up spell-checker. I always seek accuracy.

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    I usually trust the little spell checker built in to the thread editor to highlight things in red when I spell them incorrectly, but when I changed it to include the second "L" it stayed red. Normally my next move is to google it and wait for the inevitable "Did you mean ______?" but I wasn't too keen on viewing the results on a search for fellatio so I just let it go.

So thanks J&Y for being my back-up spell-checker. I always seek accuracy.

You're welcome, although I really only meant to quote Daphne there....

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

HUGH JACKMAN! THAT'S IT!

Aw, he's gay? Damn. That sucks for women everywhere. Although I guess it's good for gay guys.

Speaking of which, my friend who is a bisexual said that contrary to popular belief, gay men are more inclined to have oral sex than anal sex. He himself is not a fan of anal, but loves oral. I thought that was pretty interesting, although I'd like to see where he got his information (besides his preferences). He kind of studies sex (he's an anthropology major who wants to study sexual deviancy as a subculture) so I'm assuming he knows more about it than the average person.

Country
    Country Flag

Poe's Law?? You lost me there, but I'll look it up.

Country
    Country Flag

Most of the gay men I know (and am friends with) don't care for anal either. Oral is a WHOLE different story though.

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by ka-mai View Post
    HUGH JACKMAN! THAT'S IT!

Aw, he's gay? Damn. That sucks for women everywhere. Although I guess it's good for gay guys.

Speaking of which, my friend who is a bisexual said that contrary to popular belief, gay men are more inclined to have oral sex than anal sex. He himself is not a fan of anal, but loves oral. I thought that was pretty interesting, although I'd like to see where he got his information (besides his preferences). He kind of studies sex (he's an anthropology major who wants to study sexual deviancy as a subculture) so I'm assuming he knows more about it than the average person.
    Don't rule out fantasies.

As for what your friend said...eww....

Well, if it doesn't involve me, I suppose they can do what they want, but gee whiz.... Gross.... I really would have thought it'd be the other way around....

Poe's Law?? You lost me there, but I'll look it up.
    Do.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Hugh Jackman did play gay on Broadway... he played Peter Allen on stage and got raves for it. I do not believe that he, himself, is gay. Just FYI.

.... re : E. Roosevelt. I'm not surprised at this actually. She is rather manly-looking, was very out-spoken and independent ( and yes, a lot of people claim, a lesbian ). Especially for her Era when women were expected to say nothing and sit quiet.

Is that Chyna person the wrestler? Perhaps what the person saw was just the muscles!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

Hello all.

I'm glad to see the results sparking some discussion.
    May I be picky for a moment though?

Jayson was talking earlier about terminology and how important it is to use words correctly. I feel the same, and I'd love to see words be used correctly here as well. I'm going to lay out a couple words that might come in handy in future discussion and their correct meanings, as well as antiquated and non-PC forms of the words where applicable.

Sex - one's biological sex; hormones and secondary sex characteristics; usually male or female, but not always (ex: intersex people) (NOT: hermaphrodite)
    Gender - the behavioral, cultural, or psychological traits typically associated with one sex
    Gender Identity - a person's sense of gender, usually male or female, but not always (ex: genderqueer, third-gender people)
    Transgender - when one's gender identity doesn't match one's biological sex
    Sexual Orientation - a person's sexual/emotional attraction towards members of the same, opposite, or both genders; a person may also have no sexual attraction to anyone, and in that case is asexual (NOT: sexual preference)

If anybody thinks of any other important terms I'm leaving out, send me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unfound One View Post
    Sex - one's biological sex; hormones and secondary sex characteristics; usually male or female, but not always (ex: intersex people) (NOT: hermaphrodite)
    Gender - the behavioral, cultural, or psychological traits typically associated with one sex
    Gender Identity - a person's sense of gender, usually male or female, but not always (ex: genderqueer, third-gender people)
    We had fun with this distinction when Melissa was pregnant and didn't know if she was having a boy or a girl. Some of our friends/family/co-workers would ask "when do you find out the gender?" to which we'd respond "probably when the child is a young adult, but we can find out the sex at 20 weeks."

My Mood
    Angelic

We had fun with this distinction when Melissa was pregnant and didn't know if she was having a boy or a girl. Some of our friends/family/co-workers would ask "when do you find out the gender?" to which we'd respond "probably when the child is a young adult, but we can find out the sex at 20 weeks."
    I don't know if it would take that long, but I hear where you're coming from.

And that is funny, though you'd have to tell it to the right kinds of people....

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Heh. I like that.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

third-gender people

what does this one mean?
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Banned Diggity Of The Eld is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I am missing something, I don't see the questions listed anywhere. I'll answer them if someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Diggity Of The Eld View Post
    I am missing something, I don't see the questions listed anywhere. I'll answer them if someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks.
    There was a link in the first thread to SJ's survey but I think she took it out after the time expired. Perhaps she will re-post the questions here so those of you who missed out on the survey itself can still offer your thoughts.

O -

Third-gender refers to people who don't identify as male, female, or even a mix of the two. Unlike genderqueer individuals, who usually feel they are a mix of male and female, they feel they are completely removed from the male/female construct and use the label to signify no sense of "common" gender, ie: third-gender.

Does that make sense?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast