Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Where would you like to step into the story... *spoilers*

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I would try and step in, and prevent RF's death.

I just hated to see him go in such away

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Storyslinger View Post

I'd rather have seen Roland play an active role in his demise, but I'm sure he made a very tasty meal for Spiderboy.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Thats what I was hoping for too

Citizen of Gilead CPU is on a distinguished road CPU's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure I'd want to step into the story at all. However I would love to be able to step into Roland's world, maybe at sometime after he started his journey across the desert and just explore it. Surely there would be other cities beyond Lud where the tech of the GOO's survived, maybe a library where you could find out how they constructed the beams, guardians, and portals? Travel through the wastelands might be entertaining as well, fighting off bands of roving slow-mutants that wanted to eat your brains....

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

That would be cool to. To step in and join Roland in his quest, evening knowing that I would most likely die

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Storyslinger View Post

Even if you most likely would be eatin also?
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

If that was required, yes. His death was a shameful one, and one that I would wish to prevent.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Well his death was shameful because he was found to be a back-stabber against the King. But I got to respect you for being willing to do that if you had the chance.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

He was a back-stabber to everyone

Traveler Toren is on a distinguished road

I'd love to step into the story when the ka-tet is riding Blaine the mono and watch them tell him riddles. Quite the piece of technology he was, it'd be neat to experience it first-hand. Blaine is one of my favourite villains I've ever read about. An arrogant, insane, super smart computer with a sense of humor.
    It'd also be great to eventually witness Eddie "send Blaine home with a fuckin' rupture."

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was going to say the same thing. Put me in around the time they're meeting Blaine, take me on the train ride, drop me off in Kansas and I'd like to stay with the Ka-tet until they pass through the glass palace.

I'd love to sit on the turnpike, listening to the story of Susan, first-hand.

Of course, there are dozens of other places I'd like to see in the story. But if I had to pick one, that's it.

My ruby red sneakers should be size 11, by the way.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker View Post
    I'd distract Mordred so Randall could get away...
    That would be great, that way he could eat both of you. *slurp* *crunch*
    You forget.. Mordred loves me.

Gunslinger Apprentice Armand St Pierre is on a distinguished road Armand St Pierre's Avatar

Default Lots and Lots

Glad to see Blaine finally mentioned.
    Synth sex on a lunatic AI superduper loco that's doing a kamikaze run sounds insanely fun.

Stanley's Gingerbread house with his marshmallow sofa sounds mighty comfy.

No one wants to hang out in the breakers library?

Lunch at the artistic deli?

Camping out in the great woods looking up at old star and old mother by a camp fire.
    Shit, just being able to see Suze blow the bears hat off would be worth the price of whatever admission North Central Positronics (or subsidiaries thereof) might ask of me.
    “A Human Thought is an actual EXISTENCE, and a Force and Power, capable of acting upon and controlling matter as well as mind.”

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."

"God always punishes us for what we can't imagine."
    SK

Gunslinger Apprentice Allie is on a distinguished road Allie's Avatar

I wouldnt mind having a look at the rose for myself, or the little park with the turtle statue.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker View Post

You forget.. Mordred loves me.
    Yes, because you're so TASTY!

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

Cool idea.

As soon as I saw this thread title, I was thinking of saving Flagg from Mordred too.

There's a lot of love for RF.

I would also like to enter the story at the end of the battle in Algul Siento. Watch Eddie's back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Beck View Post
    Cool idea.

As soon as I saw this thread title, I was thinking of saving Flagg from Mordred too.

There's a lot of love for RF.
    Sure, but if Mordred could control Flagg, what chance would you have?

Bottle of Raid, son.

Best to use MikeBeck Off now in Extra Strength. Instantly kills any Mike Becks in a 12 mile radius with its patented, environmentally friendly, formula.

Bottle of Raid, son.
    Funny, but of course Mordred would know you had that and would likely amuse himself by forcing you to spray it down your throat.

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Bottle of Raid, son.
    Funny, but of course Mordred would know you had that and would likely amuse himself by forcing you to spray it down your throat.
    Yeah, he would too. Then he would whip out his can of MikeBeck Off...

Gunslinger Apprentice JasKo is on a distinguished road JasKo's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've now read more of book 4, and I would have wanted to be there when Rolands first ka-tet was at the local bar in Mejis in a "fight" with the coffin riders(or whatever they are called, Depape, Jonas and Roy?)
    /You Suck!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JasKo View Post
    I've now read more of book 4, and I would have wanted to be there when Rolands first ka-tet was at the local bar in Mejis in a "fight" with the coffin riders(or whatever they are called, Depape, Jonas and Roy?)
    Big Coffin Hunters, and the names are right.
    That was a good part, yes. Cuthbert was kickass.

Roland would have understood.

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JasKo View Post
    Depape, Jonas and Roy?)
    Big Coffin Hunters, and the names are right.
    Partially right... Roy is Depape's first name. Reynolds is the third.

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Bottle of Raid, son.
    Yeah, he would too. Then he would whip out his can of MikeBeck Off...

hold the phone now. i'm gonna bust in there with my little anti-telepathy cap first, then whip out the Super Strength Raid and spray Mordred until he twitches and dies.

I will also be dressed in a big plastic suit in case he comes at me with the Mike Beck OFF. i hate that stuff.

either that, or I'll send John Goodman to do the job.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast