Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best King on the Screen--Nominations Closed

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

:X: Best King on the Screen--Nominations Closed

This thread is for members to nominate titles (film, mini-series, TV) for the Award for Best King on the Screen. In order for a title to be eligible for nomination it must either be based on the written work of Stephen King or be an original screenplay/teleplay written by Stephen King. This extends to any film, mini-series, or television show that meets those guidelines. Titles based on works originally published under the pseudonym Richard Bachman are also eligible.

To nominate a title for this category, simply post your choice in this thread. In order for a title to be placed onto the voting ballot for the Award the nominated title must be seconded and thirded, also in this thread. This is to ensure that we do not have an overly long list of contenders for the Award, and that--by virtue of the nomination process--each title listed on the ballot is guaranteed to have at least something of a following come voting time. Please note that you MUST clearly state in your post that you are seconding or thirding a nomination for it to count. Be careful that you are posting in the correct thread, as there is also the thread for Worst King on the Screen, which is this category’s polar opposite. Feel free to deliberate and discuss your choices in this thread.

Films/Miniseries/TV based upon a SK book or story.

While you may second or third a nomination more than once, we ask that there be only one new nomination per member.
    Heng Dai

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

I nominate 1980's The Shining.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Second The Shining and nominate The Mist.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Second The Mist and nominate Shawshank Redemption. Personally, I don't think Kubrik's The Shining was true enough to the book.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Third The Mist, second Shawshank.

I'm nominating Apt Pupil.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Second Shawshank.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I do hereby nominate The Green Mile.

I haven't seen The Mist yet.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I nominate The Woman In The Room. Second Green Mile. Third Shawshank.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Also third The Shining and fourth The Mist.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

Third The Green Mile, Fourth Shawshank.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

fifth shawshank and fourth the shining (original)

::wanders over to worst category to nominate the mist::

ETA: mongoosed by SJ

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I nominate Stand By Me.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Seconding Stand By Me

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Third Stand by Me

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Fourth Stand By Me.

If you rescue me

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

Fourth The Green Mile

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

Fifth Stand By Me.

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This category isnt taking long at all.
    Heng Dai

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Fifth The Green Mile

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Secret Window

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Second Secret Window

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Sixth Stand By Me

and

Sixth Shawshank
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

Vagrant Dead pickle is on a distinguished road pickle's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I nominate Rose Red, best King film by far imho.
    ... From the keyboard of Kevin

"A gunslinger knows pride - that invisible bone that keeps the neck stiff."

"Officer Benzyck! It's good to see you and there's some jam right there on your collar, praise God!"- Rev. Earl Harrigan

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I will seventh Stand by Me, seventh Shawshank, sixth Green Mile, fifth Shining (original), and third Secret Window
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If I hadn't already done a nomination, I'd nominate Carrie . . . even SK liked that one.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast