Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: What Should the Name of the Roaming Bear Be?!

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arbe - Pronounced RB (Arby) - stands for Roaming Bear!

5 15.15%
  • Malachai - My messenger

5 15.15%
  • Misha - Pet form of Mikhail, the Russian form of Michael, term of endearment for bears in Russia

17 51.52%
  • Oberon - Noble bear

4 12.12%
  • Puck - From Shakespeare: He was tricksy and loved pranks, but he was faithful

2 6.06%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Name the Roaming Bear!

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

Default Name the Roaming Bear!

The Judge has spoken, and here are the five finalists

Arbe - Pronounced RB (Arby) - stands for Roaming Bear!
    Malachai - My messenger
    Misha - Pet form of Mikhail, the Russian form of Michael, term of endearment for bears in Russia
    Oberon - Noble bear
    Puck - From Shakespeare: He was tricksy and loved pranks, but he was faithful

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have amended your post a little, adding the words "term of endearment for bears in Russia"

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Woowhoo.... go go ARBE !
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

The White Guy Chap is on a distinguished road Chap's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I love the word Malachai, so that gets my vote
    Some are born to sweet delight,

some are born to the endless night.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What to do, what to do - I like them all! Need to think about this a bit. I'll be back!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I have amended your post a little, adding the words "term of endearment for bears in Russia"
    well since you are the bear, you would know wouldn't you?

i'm pleased to see people are voting so soon after the poll went up. please tell your friends and neighbors. you don't have to be on the roaming bear's path to actually help name him! so come on out and vote!

just as an aside, i wanted to let you all know that our anonymous judge put a lot of time and effort into picking these names. there was extensive research done and it wasn't just a whim. so a big round of applause for the anonymous judge who took a hard task and did it very, very well.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I have to go with Misha. My favorite D&D thief was Mikhail, and my Beastmaster on FFXI is Mikhaila.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So just curious. Can people not participating in the roaming bear's travel vote on his name?

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

yes. yes they can.
    not like we can actually stop them

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    So just curious. Can people not participating in the roaming bear's travel vote on his name?
    Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    yes. yes they can.

oh sorry. i said that in the other thread but not here. my bad.

of course if i said no it's not like anyone would listen to me. i'm just a reptile after all.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    yes. yes they can.
    Well a big DUH for me!

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

My head and heart hurt!! All these are such adorable and perfectnames for our bear!!!!!
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WOW! Looks like Misha is winning big time. Nothing against the judge, but I was somewhat saddened to see "Roland" was not among the choices.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

actually that's a good question sam. and let me answer it. the judge thought long and hard about including either/both roland and cuthbert as choices for the roaming bear's name; however, in the end, the judge decided that it would be best not to include those names because they ARE those names.

roland is roland. and cuthbert is cuthbert. it was thought that to use either of their names might be confusing - especially to new folks trying to get acclimated to the board. the judge felt it would be like naming the bear stephen king - just not appropriate.

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm still stuck between Misha & Puck....this might turn out to be one of the hardest decisions of my life!

I see I've got til Dec. 9th to decide. Good.
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Misha was top pick for me.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Misha was top pick for me.

Me too

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I was very torn between Oberon and Misha...but in the end went with Oberon...excellent narrowing of names done by that anonymous judge.

All of them are wonderful!

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SigTauGimp View Post
    I was very torn between Oberon and Misha...but in the end went with Oberon...excellent narrowing of names done by that anonymous judge.

All of them are wonderful!
    I am also torn between Oberon and Misha, but am not deciding yet.
    Our bear will be a noble bear, and he will be an endearing bear as well.
    So, I have to think on whether our bear will be more noble or endearing, and choose the proper name.
    Hmmm.

Yes...thanks to the judge!
    Help is always a good thing.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Misha can be noble, too!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

If "Misha" can be a name meaning both endearing and noble, then that's the perfect name for our bear!

Misha has my vote.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Country
    Country Flag

Like Sam, I was a little disappointed that Roland wasn't one of the choices, but I understand the judge's reasoning. All that said and done, I had to go with Misha as well (I kinda see the roaming bear as being Russian just like our very own bear! )

Don't forget, people, one week to vote, and everyone is welcome, even if you aren't participating.
    It seems we have a winner right now, but there's still a week left, and anything can happen

hmmmmm.

28 votes?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast