Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: The 2009 Oscars! Who should win what?

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

The Departed good, Goodfellas classic.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The Oscar that Scorsese won for The Departed is the Academys' way of apologizing to him for wrongly snubbing him of an Oscar for Goodfellas.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

The Departed, was okay, but IMHO it isn't even on the same page as Goodfellas.

ETA : feev, you're probably right, and really - that sucks.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    The Departed, was okay, but IMHO it isn't even on the same page as Goodfellas.

ETA : feev, you're probably right, and really - that sucks.
    I agree on all counts here.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

I have a friend who insisted upon first seeing The Departed that it was better than Goodfellas. I think he's recanted upon further viewings but I still temper any further movie advice from him with the knowledge that he once said that.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

As well you should !
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gunslinger Apprentice Django is on a distinguished road Django's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    The Oscar that Scorsese won for The Departed is the Academys' way of apologizing to him for wrongly snubbing him of an Oscar for Goodfellas.
    I'm just glad they didn't apologize to him earlier by giving it to The Aviator.

Anyway, The Departed was really good and, along with Babel, probably the best that year. They would've been real assholes if they hadn't given it to him then.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I know we are almost a week removed from Oscar night, but I'd like to add my 1 cent (times are tough).

Overall, I thought the show was more enjoyable than in past years. I thought Jackman did a nice job, although he seemed to disappear during the second half of the show. I liked the introductions for the acting awards. I would have liked clips to be shown as well though.

For years I've been saying that Oscar night should not only be a celebration of the films that are nominated, but it should be a celebration of the year in film in general. So I really enjoyed the montages they put together for comedy, action and animated. I like seeing clips from films I've seen this year, even if they weren't "Oscar worthy."

My main problem with Oscar night in recent years is lack of suspense for the main categories. There's really nothing they can do about it, but it's no fun watching an awards show when you know who's going to win.

Last year with No Country For Old Men and this year with Slumdog. Javier Bardem and Heath Ledger. Daniel Day Lewis last year. I just hope next year is a stronger year in film and maybe we will have tighter races in those categories.

Oh, I got 18 of the 24 categories correct. Not bad.

I love Oscar night and I was sad to see it end.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    The Departed good, Goodfellas classic.
    completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post

exactly. I'm glad they gave it to him for the Departed. It was good enough to win, imo.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10