Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Black 13 and it's "final" location

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know if in that reality black thirteen had an influence on 9/11
    though it would fit the idea that an evil house attracts evil men
    but I did assume that it was destroyed when the towers fell
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Gunslinger Apprentice Seneschal is on a distinguished road Seneschal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lordmerchant View Post
    .Or did the presence of black thirteen in the WTC have something to do with 9/11?
    i never even questioned this inference, truth be told.
    Time is a face on the water.

Along the Path of the Beam lordmerchant is on a distinguished road

@Seneschal - that was my initial thought too, but then again the pieces of maerlyns rainbow do have a tendency to "find new owners" and with black thirteen being the most powerful of the pieces o' rainbow you have to wonder if it be destroyed so easily. Anybody else have any thoughts?

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You have a point, but I don't think King would have had the glass stored in the two towers if he hadn't intended for it to be destroyed, or at least buried for a long while...

The rainbow might find new owners, but I think they're very patient as to when this happens. They can sit idle for years, even centuries before they roll into some poor blighter's path (so to speak). And I'm not sure prophesy was amongst Black 13's powers. (Some of the orbs do have that power though, but Black 13 is all about the todash I think.)

Gunslinger Apprentice Seneschal is on a distinguished road Seneschal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    You have a point, but I don't think King would have had the glass stored in the two towers if he hadn't intended for it to be destroyed, or at least buried for a long while...

The rainbow might find new owners, but I think they're very patient as to when this happens. They can sit idle for years, even centuries before they roll into some poor blighter's path (so to speak). And I'm not sure prophesy was amongst Black 13's powers. (Some of the orbs do have that power though, but Black 13 is all about the todash I think.)
    i agree on all accounts. like i said, i never even thought to question these points either. which of course doesn't mean i am right, but i have a good inclination to believe many readers don't really question it. the way it was presented in the story seemed to be in a "take this at face value" sort of fashion.
    Time is a face on the water.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lordmerchant View Post
    @Seneschal - that was my initial thought too, but then again the pieces of maerlyns rainbow do have a tendency to "find new owners" and with black thirteen being the most powerful of the pieces o' rainbow you have to wonder if it be destroyed so easily. Anybody else have any thoughts?
    Are you kidding?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

this thread is soon going to be merged with that one

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler Avin_River is on a distinguished road

Ahhh. Well in my mind here my answers. SK spent many years writing about the tower and its imminant fall. To see the Towers fall must have been disturbing on a singular level to him His decision of whether or not to mention it must have been difficult and uncomfortable. BTW ib W&G he describes how the tower would fall and the WTC fell just as he described it. I always assumed that the WTC towers fell in earths other than the keystone earth. The door probably led to the events of 9/11 where the folks of New York drank Noz-a-La and drove the Takuro Spirit. As far as the right or wrong of it? Well I guess he felt it eas a poetic way of destroying 13, acknowledging the WTC, and doing so as briefly as possible to avoid chances of hurting anyone with his words.

Take Care

Avin

Ahhh. Well in my mind here my answers. SK spent many years writing about the tower and its imminant fall. To see the WTC Towers fall must have been disturbing on a singular level to him. His decision of whether or not to mention it must have been difficult and uncomfortable. BTW in W&G he describes how the tower would fall and the WTC fell just as he described it not to mention the eerie death of the villain in Insomnia. I always assumed that the WTC towers fell in earths other than the keystone earth. The door probably led to the events of 9/11 where the folks of New York drank Noz-a-La and drove the Takuro Spirit. As far as the right or wrong of it? Well I guess he felt it was a poetic way of destroying 13, acknowledging the WTC Towers falling, and doing so as briefly as possible to avoid chances of hurting anyone with his words.

Take Care

Avin
    Last edited by Avin_River; 10-25-2010 at 05:02 AM. Reason: typos

Default As long as we are spending time discussing real world events . . .

Wow I feel a little icky having discussed that. I have been following the WTC Memorial Project for years now and I try to help when I can since this is a non-proft trying to raise all the funds for the memorial privately. It will honor all those killed in the WTC complex passengers on all four flights those at the pentagon and those who died in the 1993 bombing. It is set in the voids footprints of the two towers and in the surrounding area. It will have a walkthrough memorial and a museum as well as private seperate areas for greing families. Give or even just vote for the memorial torecieve a grant. Visit http://www.national911memorial.org. Thanks. 9/11

John F. Kennedy SolomonsGal will become famous soon enough SolomonsGal's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Lady of Shadows View Post
    i think black 13 is still there somewhere. underneath all that is left, that it got bulldozed under when the final cleanup came. god help the world if anything ever gets built there.
    I completely agree!

What is the timeline of the story from book 1-7? It seems shorter than a year, but maybe it's longer? If so, if Roland is repeating his life journey since the following Walter across the dessert , Black 13 would survive 9/11/11, continuing to spread darkness throughout Roland's life. Keeping his Hell alive.

If the timeline is less than 3 years, then I don't know... Maybe Roland didn't get it right this time around- again! And he has to repeat it again, and again...

All I know, is I think that Black 13 survives.

I don't think the terrorists were influenced by Black 13. Instead I think its just one of the coincidences of Ka. Because why not?

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

OK, stay with me. There is only one 13 do even though we could walk through a door in the Dixie or fedic to watch the Towers fall, 13 still ain't under there because it was in keystone which means time does run one way otherwise (if it draws evil) Walter, RF, Crimson King, whoever, would be drawn back to 'rescue' it. As far as we know that never happened. B13 Drew itself to Callahan, and Roland so it think it draws itself to good people,not bad, to make them do bad with good intentions!!! Also if the 'movie' is suggesting a second time around then even keystone is getting a reset!

Traveler Cland1931 is on a distinguished road

i think the reader can often confuse what the characters [especially Roland] believe to be the metaphysical "rules" of the world with the way things actually work. we never received any info about time only going one way from anyone more authoritative than a character, or the narrator on a character's thoughts. they took it as a hard and fast rule, but that doesn't make it true.

popular songs of 2016

I think he was probably trying to make the connection that evil draws more evil and in that sense Black 13 was a contributor to the Towers falling.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3