Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the best movie of all time? Top 2 advance!

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unforgiven

5 21.74%
  • One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

1 4.35%
  • 12 Angry Men

8 34.78%
  • Terminator 2

9 39.13%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: BMOAT - Round 3, Group F

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Jean, are you voting for what is technically the greater film, or just what ones you enjoy more? Most people are voting for "best movies" meaning "the ones they enjoy the most".

I voted Cuckoo's Nest.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

It is possible that he enjoyed it more because it's a technically superior film. I know that's why I enjoyed 12 Angry Men and Cuckoo's Nest.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am not sure I know what "technically" is.... I am voting for those that touched my soul as movies, not as an entertainment program, bourlesque, musical partition or series of paintings. To my mind, movie is a very specific kind of art, and I would even oppose "art" to "entertainment" here. 12 Angry Men touched me deeply, I know it by heart, every single sequence or frame or word, and its great achievement of art of cinema as unity of acting and filming where meanings and imagery and emotional or intellectual impact are created by means specific to cinema, as opposed to all other kinds of art or entertainment. (Movies mean a lot to me, you see - second only to books and poetry.)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you just described "technically" perfectly.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

I love how you put things, Sir Bear.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

So in other words, the latter.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jayson and Laura:

Feverish:

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

wow, Solomon would have a tough time with these choices!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Thank you Jean and Jayson, for your constant praise of 12 Angry Men. This film has been on my to see list for probably about the last 6-7 years, but for some reason just haven't gotten around to watching it. Well I finally saw it, and loved it. It was an extremely well made film.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Thanks should go to my dad. There are a bunch of movies he made me watch with him when I was a teenager and that was one of them. Of all of them, it is the one that I am most glad he exposed me to.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

12 angry men is probably one the the few things i've been forced to watch at school and actually enjoyed.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Terminator 2 and 12 Angry Men advance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2