Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the best movie of all time? Top 2 advance!

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Matrix

6 22.22%
  • Toy Story

3 11.11%
  • The Shawshank Redemption

13 48.15%
  • A Clockwork Orange

5 18.52%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: BMOAT - Round 3, Group E

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

It's actually the #1 ranked movie over on IMDB http://www.imdb.com/chart/top
    And I'm almost positive it's listed on AFI's top 100 list, so needless to say I'm not at all surprised by how well it's doing in this bracket.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Traveler Powdered Water is on a distinguished road Powdered Water's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, I'm new here so I'll try not to get too snobby but IMDb is not the place I want to look for my number one flick of all time. That place is run by children.

I'll give you that its on the AFI lists, it ranks 23rd on AFI's 100 Cheers list and I'm not saying I think its a terrible film. I just think it in no way should be considered as one of the best of all time. Again I say its not even one of the best prison dramas available.

How about:

Escape From Alcatraz (1979)

Birdman of Alcatraz (1962)

Brubaker (1980)

The Great Escape (1963)

The Grand Illusion (1937)

Cool Hand Luke (1967)

Just to name a few. Several of them are also on the AFI lists and various others as well.
    First comes Smiles. Then lies... Last is gunfire. - Roland Deschain

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's honestly the way the poll's being done that throws some unexpected movies into these rounds/tie breakers. Check the Gem Theater thread and I think you'll understand more.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Country
    Country Flag

Oh yeah, I get it. I'm not complaining or anything. Its an interesting format you guys came up with and its fun.

I don't doubt at all that a large part of the success a movie like Shawshank may enjoy here might have something to do with the site said contest is on.

I'm pretty quick when you type slow enough for me to read it.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Oh I will openly admit that there are alot of great films that didn't even get nominated for these polls, and many that should definitely be moving on that are unfortunately not.
    Welcome to the boards by the way!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the welcome! I am guilty of having an opinion problem, I tend to let it rip at times. I hope that's not discouraged here. For the most part I try to keep it civil... mostly.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The Shawshank Redemption and The Matrix advance.

ACO...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2