Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the best movie of all time? Top 2 advance!

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Matrix

6 22.22%
  • Toy Story

3 11.11%
  • The Shawshank Redemption

13 48.15%
  • A Clockwork Orange

5 18.52%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BMOAT - Round 3, Group E

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default BMOAT - Round 3, Group E

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

a clockwork orange.... yeah right

I voted for the glorious making of a book into a movie that doesn't suck...Shawshank

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

A Clockwork Orange.

This bracket was actually quite simple. The Matrix is way towards the top of my list of most overhyped movies that didn't deliver anything for me. Hell, I can say it flat out, I thought it sucked horribly.

Toy Story is nice to look at as far as animation. Otherwise, I hated it.

I thought The Shawshank Redemption was very good, but A Clockwork Orange is way beyond very good.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

oh great. now i have guilt!

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Why guilt? Nothig to feel guilty for. A Clockwork Orange was a horrid little film about a horrid guy made by a horrid director. Toy Story was a fantastic film that people will love for years to come.

I voted for Shawshank though. Anyone who would crawl 500 yards through a river of shit and come out on the other side clean as a whistle deserves my vote.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

it's a line from toy story. rex says it when they pushed woody out of the moving van. . .

jeez. don't you have any movie class?

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Maybe I should have voted Shawshank, but it's gonna get enough votes anyway.
    I went with Toy Story.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Why guilt? Nothig to feel guilty for. A Clockwork Orange was a horrid little film about a horrid guy made by a horrid director.
    about sums it up for me

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    A Clockwork Orange was a horrid little film about a horrid guy made by a horrid director. Toy Story was a fantastic film that people will love for years to come.

I voted for Shawshank though. Anyone who would crawl 500 yards through a river of shit and come out on the other side clean as a whistle deserves my vote.

yes, I totally agree. I've seen it twice and I tried to like it but I hated it both times.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

</3

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Had to go with Shawshank on this one. I might be the only person, but I absolutely hated The Matrix, and didn't care for Toy Story either. I have seen A Clockwork Orange, but it was years ago, so I don't remember it that well. I do remember enjoying it, but it doesn't compare to The Shawshank Redemption.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Had to go with Shawshank on this one. I might be the only person, but I absolutely hated The Matrix, and didn't care for Toy Story either.
    You are not alone. I hated The Matrix when I saw it, and then learned to hate it even more when non-majors in my philosophy classes proceeded to use that movie every single time the "brain in a vat" concept was broached. Oh how my friend Joe and I used to cringe every time it came up, and many of our professors as well.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Heather, in addition to what he just said, both Jayson and the bear have already expressed their disgust with Matrix during the previous round... I noticed opinions on movies rather often make three of us.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    </3

I know feev. I feel the same. All of the ACO hate makes me sad. Well, we can comfort ourselves with our better taste in movies.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Exactly Brice. I never expected ACO to be pleasant and whimsical. Alex is a horrid little man, that's true. That, to me, is precisely what makes his story so compelling. Now the notion of Kubrick as a horrid director just puzzles me.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I feel he's made some excellent movies.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Definitely. If we ever do "best movie by director" I would be hard pressed to choose between ACO and Dr. Strangelove.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Strangelove is one of the few movies of his I haven't seen.

If you rescue me

I think you mentioned that to me previously, though I still find it shocking.

Of all the people that I know would appreciate a great piece of satire like that, you are probably right at the top of the list.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll have to keep a look out for a copy when I have disposable income again.

If you rescue me

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

For sure. It's an awwwesome movie.

Shawshank for me.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Along the Path of the Beam pookie is on a distinguished road pookie's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Shawshank without question.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

*Bump

Traveler Powdered Water is on a distinguished road Powdered Water's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It never fails to amuse me how many folks think that The Shawshank Redemption is some kind of great flick. It may very well be one of the best Stephen King adaptations but it wouldn't even make a top ten prison movie list of mine. Not that anyone cares... I'm just sayin'
    First comes Smiles. Then lies... Last is gunfire. - Roland Deschain

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast