Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: jhanic proofs

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That would be overkill. I have a couple but I also would not get all the versions of a single title.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm just glad my obsession with proofs isn't kicking in!

John

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

So would you place equal value on each state or if you had a choice between 1st, 2nd or 3rd proof, would you go for the 1st even if it where a bit more pricey?

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I'm just glad my obsession with proofs isn't kicking in!

John
    Ha! Yeah, me too...

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    So would you place equal value on each state or if you had a choice between 1st, 2nd or 3rd proof, would you go for the 1st even if it where a bit more pricey?
    I'd value each the same.

John

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Thanks!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My latest:

The Dark Man unbound proof cover:

The Dark Man unbound proof copyright page:

The Dark Man unbound proof of one of the pages:

John

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

John,
    Do you collect just King proofs or other authors, too. I also collect Koontz, Crais and Child proofs. Without a lot of knowledge as to print runs, I think the most valuable one I have is Interview with a Vampire. Like you, I was lucky enough to get the IT ARC in my SK grab bag. I was thinking of ordering some soft plastic Brodart slip covers to help protect them. Do you use anything special? Thanks, Jeff

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Jeff,

I use archival quality plastic bags for my proofs. I find they keep the dust, etc. off better than any type of slip covers.

I mainly have only King proofs. I have some of the US Harry Potters and some Joe Hill ones also. Since I'm on a more-or-less fixed budget, I have to limit my purchases.

John

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations on the new unbound proof!

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

John,
    Thanks for the quick reply. I'll give the archival plastic bags a try. I'd love to some day add a Potter proof. I've read the first four and really enjoyed them . Took a break to read Mr. Mercedes (which I loved) and Revival (easier to put down, but enjoyed the characters), but will start Book 5 of the Potter series soon. I can certainly relate on the budget issue. I certainly appreciate everyone's friendliness and openness to newbies. Jeff

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My latest:

And one of the pictures:

Although this is one of the unbound proofs from Cemetery Dance, it doesn't have the "1st Proof" or "2nd Proof" printed on it. There was/is another of these on eBay that also didn't have the printing.

Just one more of the CD unbound proofs to go now--Doctor Sleep!

John

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That's great. Good luck on finding the last one, Dr. Sleep. My Billy Blockade also does not have the number of the Proof on it, but on copyright pages says it's for the second printing edition. Is yours the first printing or second printing?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    That's great. Good luck on finding the last one, Dr. Sleep. My Billy Blockade also does not have the number of the Proof on it, but on copyright pages says it's for the second printing edition. Is yours the first printing or second printing?
    Mine is also the second printing. I never even noticed it.

John

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice John! I bought one of these that was on eBay recently, but it hasn't arrived yet. Will post when it does. So you just have one more to get... I think I only have 2 unbound proofs! Anyway, congratulations on this new acquisition!

Gunslinger Apprentice Meagan J is on a distinguished road Meagan J's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those unbound proofs are sweet!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I got the okay to post this, the galley proof of CD's Carrie:

John

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice John. Love it! Congratulations on another addition to your collection.

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Gunslinger Apprentice mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I got the okay to post this, the galley proof of CD's Carrie:

John
    John,

Does that make two variants of the CD CARRIE proof? Or more considering the unbound states?

Just trying to keep it straight, in case I go there. . . .

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

In case of doubt, check the first post in the Stephen King proofs thread - it contains the TDT.org 'master proof list' (maintained by John).

Gunslinger Apprentice mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    In case of doubt, check the first post in the Stephen King proofs thread - it contains the TDT.org 'master proof list' (maintained by John).
    Good, thanks. I see:

Carrie 40th Anniversary edition CD unbound proof
    Carrie 40th Anniversary edition CD trade cover

--so (looking back over John's collection thread), this is a new variant.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I think John was only allowed to share this one a couple of days ago so he did probably not yet update the master list.

(correct me if I'm wrong, John, I don't mean to hijack your thread )

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

You're right. I forgot to update the listing. It is now updated. Thanks for keeping me honest!

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast