Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter Movie Discussion *possible movie spoilers*

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

they could have at least did the O.W.L. tests like the book.

Ink Heart Jackie is on a distinguished road Jackie's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

yea but the part I was most pissed about was how they left basically ALL of the letters that came in the beginning the most imortant one being the one from Dumbldore telling aunt petuna [sp?] she was not to kick Harry out of the house cause of the promis she made...it's like the whole origin of Harry Potter and why they let him stay instead of just putting him in a foster home or something

The words written upon this paper, are none compared to the words written upon my heart

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

yes i agree about the letters as well...would have loved to have seen that in the film as well...also the mirror that sirius gave harry...didn't like the fact that sirius gave him the photo of the old order of the pheonix instead of moody as well.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yea and the mirror is a HUGE part in the future books/movies so I just wonder how they are going to try and pull that off now

The words written upon this paper, are none compared to the words written upon my heart

Traveler bishman is on a distinguished road

I thought this movie was cool. Like people said its hard to please everyone. I mean i hated GOF movie when it came out but a few viewings down the line and i was loving it.

What i dont like is the hate David Yates is gettin. Everyones gotta remember just because the movie might not be the best adapatation isent just the directors fault. OOTP had a new screenwriter as aposed to the previous films ( which was steve kloves). Yes the director has a huge part to play but its just not down to him. And if you asking me he is far from the worst director the Potter movies have seen since the first movie came out.

1.Chris Columbus- Good adaptation book way way way to cheesy and childesh
    2.Kinda the same as movie one less childesh i guess.
    3. Alfonso Cauron- Great LOOKING movie but the adaption was poor.
    4. Mike Newell - Good looking movie, ok adaptation but too much was changed around. Dont even get me started on the whole Barty Crouch Jnr storyline.

5.David Yates - Great looking movie the best acting so far. Yates did the best he could with the script he was given. And out of all the directors he seems the one whos more of a fan of the books than the others. The producer david heyman seems a big fan of the books but he seems to be more about the money in my opnion more than pleasing the fans.

As for the trailers,clips,photos and transcripts from the early screenings Half Blood Prince seems like it will definitly be the best Potter movie so far and as for Yates doing this movie and Part 1 and Part 2 of The Deathly Hallows im all for it.

Well thats my two cents.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Harry Potter Movie Discussion *possible movie spoilers*

Hey there everyone. They released a new trailer this weekend for The Half Blood Prince. It looks freaking awesome.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ8dXUtxY4A"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ8dXUtxY4A[/ame]

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow. That's pretty awsome. Much better then the last 'trailer' they released. I can't wait to see the movie they just better not fuck this one up like they did with HP OOTP

Traveler bishman is on a distinguished road

Jackie you really have some beef with OOTP. Gotta love you for for always speaking your min. That trailer is about a week old but it is by far the best HP trailer thats ever been released no doubt.

Gunslinger Apprentice inertia1215 is on a distinguished road inertia1215's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
    Wow. That's pretty awsome. Much better then the last 'trailer' they released. I can't wait to see the movie they just better not fuck this one up like they did with HP OOTP
    I couldn't agree with you more! I left the theater just ranting about how they ruined the story. Although this trailer looks great, I am very nervous.

This is by far my favorite HP book....I think I will re-read it after I am done with another reading of the Hobbit.

I really, really, really, hope some redemption can be made although my expectations are low despite the terrific trailer.
    In a book,in a box,high upon a shelf
    In a locked a guarded vault
    Are things I keep only for myself
    Its your fate,but its not your fault

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by inertia1215 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
    I couldn't agree with you more! I left the theater just ranting about how they ruined the story. Although this trailer looks great, I am very nervous.

This is by far my favorite HP book....I think I will re-read it after I am done with another reading of the Hobbit.

I really, really, really, hope some redemption can be made although my expectations are low despite the terrific trailer.
    Yes as soon as the credits started rolling you should have seen me I was in such utter shock that I sat there withmy mouth open for a good minute or two

And yes this is my favorite book too so they better not mess it up

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This was also my favorite book of the series. And it looks like they have done right by it. But really, OOTP wasn't that bad. It was certainly a better film than books 3 & 4 were.

I would say Chamber of Secrets is the best one that's been made so far.
    Heng Dai

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for posting that, bishman. I was just going to point out that there have been numerous directors for the series, not just two, as was implied.

The first two films were very different from the following ones for me, in both style and quality. The directors of the third and fourth films just didnt get it. Like they had no real understanding of the scope of the novels they were adapting. I felt like the fifth movie, though nowhere near as well done as the first two, was getting closer to their quality, mainly just because the acting was actually decent, which was the biggest thing missing from films 3 and 4.
    Heng Dai

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved this book so much. The movies never really do the books justice, imo. I think this one might actually come close to doing so.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The first two films by Columbus were horrible!! The kids were still too young to be considered "actors." They were cardboard cutouts of the characters. I'm looking forward to the new movie!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9jLVX8_fj4"]YouTube - Lindsay Lohan Meets Harry Potter[/ame]

Lindsay Lohan meets Harry Potter
    thought this would give you a few laughs

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

The thing about cutting the OWLS, is that it was another chance to show us how evil Umbridge was. I think Imelda could have pulled it off. She did a pretty good job with the role. Here's hoping she gets her scene in DH.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice JQ The Gunslinger is on a distinguished road JQ The Gunslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Im looking foward to watching a good series being ruined. The last movie made me so pissed. They are also making book 7 into 2 movies. Where do you think the 7th movie end? Has to be a cliffhanger right?

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

Hmmm....maybe
    Spoiler:
    after Harry and company get to Shell Cottage with Dobby's body?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm guessing it'll be right after
    Spoiler:
    godric's hollow

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

om nom AlishaRiley is on a distinguished road AlishaRiley's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

The new movie has me pretty fucking excited;
    the fact that we'll get to see a hell of a lot more of Helena Bonham Carter is the main reason. She is THE sexiest woman in the world.
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

they better not mess it up, its my favorite book in the series, no kiddie-crap pandering in the half blood prince
    book 7 pissed me off for retconning the ending of this one 2 but thats a different rant
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

newest trailer

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HwmBnIhlzI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HwmBnIhlzI[/ame]

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Holy crap I am excited after seeing those trailers!

I think they're going to separate the 7th one
    Spoiler:
    right when they get taken to Malfoy Manor.

Makes sense. Its too bad
    Spoiler:
    casual fans who know Harry by the movies along don't have any kind of emotional connection to Dobby. That part had me bawling.

Apparently this one is rated PG....I guess they'll be cleaning up the Sectumsempra scene quite a bit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast