Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: How Do You Rank The Talisman Overall?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • I loved it - 5

28 59.57%
  • It was good - 4

8 17.02%
  • Average - 3

4 8.51%
  • Only so-so - 2

1 2.13%
  • I didnt like it - 1

0 0%
  • Never Read

6 12.77%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Talisman--Bracket 4 Winner!!

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

:rose: The Talisman--Bracket 4 Winner!!

The Talisman

Viking, 1984

Bracket #4

Voting for this Book is Closed

Final Average Score: 4.536585366

Bracket 4 Winner
    The Talisman will advance to Round 2
    Heng Dai

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I love, love, love this book. I would have given it a 10 if I could, but I had to settle for 5.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Forgetful Fantasy-Maker Tiffany is on a distinguished road Tiffany's Avatar

Toronto, Ontario (but I'll probably always call Texas home).
    Country
    Country Flag

5!!!
    I don't think there's anything about this book that I don't love.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark Twain

Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me....Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    -Shel Silverstein

Country
    Country Flag

I just finished this book. It took me about five tries to actually get past that lagging spot right after the business at the Oatley Tap, but once I finally got over that hump I positively loved it. Gets a 5 from me.
    Heng Dai

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm the one Never Read one

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

I gave it a 5, but I'd give it a 500 if I could. Along with The Stand it is one of my two favorite non-DT books by King.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Pablo, READ IT NOW! You won't be sorry.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Absolutely Pablo. You are excused from posting, get to a bookstore!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Daghain, I bet I won't. I rarely am with King's works. Never really. I don't think I'll be able to give many if any 2s here.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

You are seriously missing out, my friend. You need to move this one to the top of your "to read" list.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Absolutely Pablo. You are excused from posting, get to a bookstore!!!
    Oh I have the book. Time's the problem...

I understand that problem. I wish I had more time to read. Still, I agree with Dags, push that one to the top of your "to read" list so the next time you have time it's ready to go. As much as you love King, you will be glad you read this one once you've read this one.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This was always on my "to read" list but always kept getting bumped by something else. One day I'll read it. Obviously I haven't read Black House either.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

five for me. Jack Sawyer and Wolf are some of my all time favorite characters.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I also would give it a higher score , but this one gets a BIG 5 from me as well!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Never read. Tried to once and got about 150 pages in, but just couldn't get into the story, so I put it down, and there it's remained.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

That sounds like the same problem that I had, Heather. Try reading Black House first. It worked for me.
    Heng Dai

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I read this one when it came out in 1984 and it didn't really do much for me. It was so long ago and I'm a much different person than I was back then, so I'm probably due to read it again. Based on all your comments, it sounds like I'll fall in love with it!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    That sounds like the same problem that I had, Heather. Try reading Black House first. It worked for me.
    Will Black House make sense if I haven't read Talisman first? And will it spoil anything big from the first one?

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Will Black House make sense if I haven't read Talisman first? And will it spoil anything big from the first one?
    It should definitely make sense. I think either one can function independently of the other.

I don't think it will spoil anything at all. The books are related in that they have some of the same characters in them, but I can't really think of anything specific in Black House that would give away anything in The Talisman. Someone correct me if I've forgotten something.

Thanks Jayson. Maybe I'll try to give it a shot.

You're quite welcome Heather. I would definitely try again to push through the first part because once stuff starts happening, it never really stops happening until the end. I love that story.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wolf. What else can I say.

5!!!!!

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

WOLF RIGHT HERE AND NOW!!!
    That's a five from me!
    Talisman and Dark House are my faves.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

WOLF!

JACKY WHERE ARE YOU?

man what a book. when
    jack & wolf relationship

does that really count as a spoiler? oh well, it does now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast