Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: 2009: Overview of the results so far (Round 1)

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I must say, I am dissappointed to see Rage 4th from the bottom. I dont think I could ever say to someone that Rage is one of kings 4 worst books. IMO

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The last bracket scores are up, pablo.

The table looks great, BTW, but there were a couple of other features I was planning to add to it, so you may see some changes to it here soon. But it really is great, no one knows better than I how much of a pain in the ass it is to code a table.
    Heng Dai

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    The table looks great, BTW, but there were a couple of other features I was planning to add to it, so you may see some changes to it here soon. But it really is great, no one knows better than I how much of a pain in the ass it is to code a table.
    By all means, do tweak it however you wish. I didn't add links to the polls, as they're all already linked in the first post. I'm sure there could be other data added.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And the table is done. All sixty books have been ranked and we have our complete overview of Round One.

Country
    Country Flag

Well, I am wanting to eventually set up a CMPS page (ie news/content page) for this, and the table would be the focal point for that. I already have the codes set up to have it where you can click on the FAS on the table and it will link you to the original poll, and I also have the codes ready to link you to the King Catalog entry for each book by clicking on the title. I was also considering doing thumbnail images of each book cover, but I havent tested that with the table yet, so it may not work--or it may be too bulky-looking. I won't know until I give it a shot.
    Heng Dai

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNING'S CHILDE View Post
    I must say, I am dissappointed to see Rage 4th from the bottom. I dont think I could ever say to someone that Rage is one of kings 4 worst books. IMO
    Actually it's 3rd from the bottom. That is highly unfortunate. Well, better luck to it next year

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Well, I am wanting to eventually set up a CMPS page (ie news/content page) for this, and the table would be the focal point for that. I already have the codes set up to have it where you can click on the FAS on the table and it will link you to the original poll, and I also have the codes ready to link you to the King Catalog entry for each book by clicking on the title. I was also considering doing thumbnail images of each book cover, but I havent tested that with the table yet, so it may not work--or it may be too bulky-looking. I won't know until I give it a shot.
    That all sounds great, let me know if you need any help with the CMPS.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bears are very, very impressed!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

What's really impressive is Duma Key making the top ten.

Country
    Country Flag

Round 2 will begin on 01/01/09. It will be the grading round, in which the books will each be graded on three areas of content. Though it was originally going to be shorter, the plan is to keep to our current structure of five polls going up at a time, each Monday and Thursday. The main difference is that the books are not competing against each other in those brackets. The scores for each book will be totaled at the end of Round 2 and the top 5 will advance to the third and final round.
    Heng Dai

Country
    Country Flag

Aaron, could you expound a bit how Round 2 will be structured? Also, isn't that a tad too few books for Round 3, only five, out of thirty in Round 2? Is it possible to extend that to the top ten? I realize this will probably prolong the tournament, though. But that's your call, of course.

By the way, we could add Round 2 and 3 scores to the overall table, as well.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    What's really impressive is Duma Key making the top ten.
    I was very happy to see that. But then there were also some near the bottom that I was surprised were so low.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Here's an Excel chart of the table in the second post, first sorted chronologically, then sorted by FAS. Very geeky. Enjoy!

Country
    Country Flag

I love the charts, pablo!

I am sorry that I wasn't able to get in here earlier to do this, but I wanted to let everyone know that we are postponing the beginning of Round 2 until this coming Monday. I'll pin a thread in the new subforum for the Round explaining how the grading will work for each book.
    Heng Dai

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Pablo. The charts really put it all in perspective.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4