Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The *declining* Stephen King Market

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

If the market wasn't so soft I would be selling most of what I have to help pay for kids' colelge educations. I still may! :-( I have one that just finished her Masters in May, one that is a Junior in College and two that will be Freshmen next August. Not sure how the hell I am gonna swing it right now.

I did just recently sell ALL of my audio CDs on ebay - I sold every audio book available from SK; a Harry Potter and a bunch of Dune audio books - I got over $800 by selling htem all individually! Not too shabby for a soft market.

I had listened to them all at least once and some of them more than once! It was time to share and break out into other audio bopoks, most of which I am getting at the library. I just finished The Road (a very powerful book) and am listening to Heart Shaped Box right now.
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Heart Shaped Box audio....cool.

I could get into that.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

well i picked up a signed copy of Kings best american short stories on ebay for $50.its the second lowest price ive paid for a King sig (the $40 signed/limited Quietly Now was the cheapest).soft market indeed.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I pride my self in the low prices I have paid for many of my signatures!

$40 for Quietly Now - a sleeper of a steal
    $80 for Six Stories - original asking price
    $50 for Borderlands 5 - thanks to a friend gave me the heads up
    $25 for On Writing - just the MSRP price
    $30 for The Girl Who Loved TG (I think it was $30) - Haven Foundation
    $50 for Postscripts 10
    $25 for the RBR Poster signed by all band memebers and Roger McGuin

The Stand, Insomnia, Desperation, Legends - no extra charge for the signature

Spoiler:

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

If someone can beat my $50 for a s/l Author's Copy of DT II, then they can talk. Until then, I win.

On subject, while I am as down on the market as anybody, the reality is I have many books posted on Abebooks, and though I don't make a lot of sales, I do move a few books here and there...so while the market is very, very soft if you're in a must-sell situation, if you can afford to wait and let a book get sold for the price you set (within reason), then sales can still be made...

Traveler Timmy is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    If someone can beat my $50 for a s/l Author's Copy of DT II, then they can talk. Until then, I win.

On subject, while I am as down on the market as anybody, the reality is I have many books posted on Abebooks, and though I don't make a lot of sales, I do move a few books here and there...so while the market is very, very soft if you're in a must-sell situation, if you can afford to wait and let a book get sold for the price you set (within reason), then sales can still be made...

What name do you use on ABE? I'd like to see what you have for sale.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Evidence of a soft market

No reserve on this item - just wish I had the spare $ to bid!

Spoiler:

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    What name do you use on ABE? I'd like to see what you have for sale.
    Here's my link...I have other books for sale too...ignore their stupid rating system. Everytime I have to cancel an overseas sale because they have stupid shipping prices, it goes against my rating...

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Sear...9266&x=44&y=12

It will be interesting to see the sales price for that S/L of The Stand...I would be surprised if it goes for much less than $1750, though...down market or not, that book will always carry a high premium.

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

any new word on the estimated release date of the revised gunslinger. I heard 2008 about 2 years ago?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think the S/L The Stand will fetch $1,750. I predict $1,501.

Jemaher, welcome. No specific news yet. There is a thread in Collectors about the book, (here) but as of now it offers no more info.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    Heart Shaped Box audio....cool.

I could get into that.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    You can download it from http://www.audible.com for either $28 or for $7.50 if you join up. This is how I get most of my audiobooks now.

I wonder if people are little put off by those two ugly photos of the traycase in The Stand S/L auction on eBay. The seller posted more photos and says the case is fine, but still - bidders sometimes spook easily.

Nice stuff you're selling on ABE, Rahfa.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I don't think the S/L The Stand will fetch $1,750. I predict $1,501.

Jemaher, welcome. No specific news yet. There is a thread in Collectors about the book, (here) but as of now it offers no more info.
    Stu at Betts won a S/L numbered Stand on eBay a few days ago ( 10/16/07 ) for $1835. He will put some mark up on it when he resells.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=190161531694

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I wonder if people are little put off by those two ugly photos of the traycase in The Stand S/L auction on eBay. The seller posted more photos and says the case is fine, but still - bidders sometimes spook easily.
    It looks a bit like the one I had that was screwed up that I had refinished.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Nice stuff you're selling on ABE, Rahfa.
    Yeah, if you got an extra $12K or so lying around, give me a call...haha...but like I said, stuff sits for awhile, then sells...I'm in no rush, and I think it's valued appropriately.

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shnnrc01 View Post
    well i picked up a signed copy of Kings best american short stories on ebay for $50.its the second lowest price ive paid for a King sig (the $40 signed/limited Quietly Now was the cheapest).soft market indeed.

Damn, I want in on a deal like that!

Traveler Min is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post

Here's one for $55.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I've confirmed this:

It's not the original ticket. It's a copy of the ticket.
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/STEPHEN-KING-SIGN...mZ180173007319
    Why would it be a COPY of the ticket. King only signed 300 for that event. In order to buy a signed copy, one per ticket, you had to show your ticket. I asked her this question.

Her response through Ebay:

"Ralph,

Glad you asked that. A funny thing happened that evening. The person I was with got up and went to the bathroom, came back real quick, and said, they just put out another stack of signed copies.

We both ran down and they let us buy all we wanted. Without a ticket. I bought 23 SIGNED copies."

OK, my fellow DarkTower Members. I'm not sure what to think of this. The people that run this show in NY have always been strict (for good reasons) and did confirm only 300 signed copies available.

Dolan, did you go? If so, did you see an extra stack being sold.

I'm not saying the signature is fake. Please don't take this response to be like that. The signature looks good. It's the COPY of a ticket that is bothering me.

Just throwing my two cents on the table.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Quote Originally Posted by Min View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post

Here's one for $55.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I sincerely doubt that they would have sold 23 copies to any one person. I'd not take that bait at all! No friggin way!

Spoiler:

First, I suppose anything is possible...but why would they sell 23 to one person? Unlikely.

Second, obvioulsy it's easy to take a scan of an authentic signature and just put it on another listing, so that doesn't mean anything either.

Honestly, I just wouldn't buy anything from somebody bragging about buying 23 copies, whether they were real or not. "Glad you asked that." Screw her.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Well I can say this. The seller (her name is Liz) is a good Ebayer. I've bought legit signed items from her.

I just think she's got herself into something NO GOOD and she should just walk away from it.

The above statement was my last comment to her. Haven't heard back.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

I dont believe 23 at all. I do believe that they let one at a time - and then things started getting screwey and people got 2-4 each.

This happened at the YMCA with the DT7. Most of us were only allowed 1. But some people were leaving with 5+.

Sadly, as collectors, we'd think that people are prepared for King and his huge following...but they arent...

Gunslinger Apprentice super sam is on a distinguished road super sam's Avatar

Have bought a copy from her, will be interesting to see what i get.
    (if i get anything )

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Would love to see/hear about what you receive.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by super sam View Post
    Have bought a copy from her, will be interesting to see what i get.
    (if i get anything )
    Super Sam. Don't panic. Like I said in a few messages up, Liz will take care of you. I was just trying to figure out how she got so many copies to sell on Ebay.

Post the picture here when you get it. Make sure its the same signature she is showing in the Ebay auction you won.

Again, I think you'll be just fine.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

23? Wow. I was thinking about buying a copy from her, but now I'm more skeptical than ever. Then again, I want to buy the book anyway, so the gamble is the difference in price of unsigned vs. allegedly signed - about, what, $35? Hmmm...
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast