Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: The *declining* Stephen King Market

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Wow! A 1/250 Dolan's Cadillac with very minor wear goes for $259.
    hehehe.......that's me...that's me.

I can't believe I won that. The New Lieutenant's Rap and a First Edition Carrie is the only thing missing from my collection.

Merry Christmas to me.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow!! Good for you Mulleins, thats some collection you must have there

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome

Gunslinger Apprentice super sam is on a distinguished road super sam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    I've confirmed this:

It's not the original ticket. It's a copy of the ticket.
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/STEPHEN-KING-SIGN...mZ180173007319
    Why would it be a COPY of the ticket. King only signed 300 for that event. In order to buy a signed copy, one per ticket, you had to show your ticket. I asked her this question.

Her response through Ebay:

"Ralph,

Glad you asked that. A funny thing happened that evening. The person I was with got up and went to the bathroom, came back real quick, and said, they just put out another stack of signed copies.

We both ran down and they let us buy all we wanted. Without a ticket. I bought 23 SIGNED copies."

OK, my fellow DarkTower Members. I'm not sure what to think of this. The people that run this show in NY have always been strict (for good reasons) and did confirm only 300 signed copies available.

I'm not saying the signature is fake. Please don't take this response to be like that. The signature looks good. It's the COPY of a ticket that is bothering me.

Just throwing my two cents on the table.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Got this from the seller today:

Here is the signature:

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am no expert, but to me it looks like King's recent "bunched" signature.
    I would be interested in Hutch's opinion.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

interesting...i'd say its real.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I got mine at the Harvard signing, and it looks essentially identical...plus, I got two copies there (I had two tix, but only I went), one signed in front of me, and the other presigned - and both signatatures looked just like that, right down to that little underline.

Nothing is 100 percent certain in this world, but I am 99.9 sure that's the real thing.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I can't believe I won that. The New Lieutenant's Rap and a First Edition Carrie is the only thing missing from my collection.

Merry Christmas to me.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

I didn't know you had that big a collection! Anyway, go ahead and paypal me $3,500 and I'll fed-ex that New Lt. Rap to you. I'll cover shipping, don't worry...haha...

Seriously, for some reason I didn't know you have all the limiteds...do you catalog the numbers? Have I asked you that before?

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am no expert, but to me it looks like King's recent "bunched" signature.
    I would be interested in Hutch's opinion.
    I have no problem with it. Very typical of his signature the last 3 years or so.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Merry Christmas to me.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Congrats, that is an amazing price. I've been looking for a slipcased one that cheap, lol

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by super sam View Post
    I've confirmed this:

It's not the original ticket. It's a copy of the ticket.
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/STEPHEN-KING-SIGN...mZ180173007319
    Why would it be a COPY of the ticket. King only signed 300 for that event. In order to buy a signed copy, one per ticket, you had to show your ticket. I asked her this question.

Her response through Ebay:

"Ralph,

Glad you asked that. A funny thing happened that evening. The person I was with got up and went to the bathroom, came back real quick, and said, they just put out another stack of signed copies.

We both ran down and they let us buy all we wanted. Without a ticket. I bought 23 SIGNED copies."

OK, my fellow DarkTower Members. I'm not sure what to think of this. The people that run this show in NY have always been strict (for good reasons) and did confirm only 300 signed copies available.

I'm not saying the signature is fake. Please don't take this response to be like that. The signature looks good. It's the COPY of a ticket that is bothering me.

Just throwing my two cents on the table.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Got this from the seller today:

Here is the signature:

Looks legit to me. I would buy that signature.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks okay to me too.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice super sam is on a distinguished road super sam's Avatar

Thanks for all the opinions. Seemes like ít is OK then!

(maybe this discussion should be in: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, signatures, sellers thread)

BTW, Mulleins, congrats to a nice purchase.

Country
    Country Flag

Default the rare items still continue to climb in value

the rare items still continue to climb in value...

check out Tina's unmatched set of The Plant ( I've never seen an non-matching set sell for so much )

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-SIG...QQcmdZViewItem

She also did pretty well with her lettered Stand

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-SIG...QQcmdZViewItem

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Both went to the same buyer!

John

Why isn't the link for that Plant auction working for me? And isn't the bay name "Tinah?" I find that either...

Anyway, what was the price the Plant went for?

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Why isn't the link for that Plant auction working for me? And isn't the bay name "Tinah?" I find that either...

tinah3 is her ebay name. Even though she has nothing for sale right now, it's her , I bought something off her recently.

http://myworld.ebay.com/tinah3

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on your Dolan's Cadillac, Ralph! Add my name to the list of people who didn't realize how complete your collection is.

Super Sam, congrats to you too on your fine purchase.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post

it was between $8400 and $9000

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

I think a few of her auctions were cancelled by Ebay. I had a bid in one of her item and got an email today that the listing ( that I was bidding on) is now null and void. Copy of email below:

The listing in which you were a bidding participant:

180177134559 - Stephen King SIGNED LETTERED THE STAND in COFFIN BOX

has been ended by eBay. Since the listing was ended by eBay, for the transaction itself is null and void.

1st Choice - We ended the listing due to bidding activity that took place without the authorization of the owner of one of the accounts that bid on the listing. We have ended the listing to maintain the integrity of the eBay site and the bidder?s account that was accessed. We are working to restore the bidding account to its rightful owner, and we are working with the account owner to prevent any additional unauthorized activity.
    or
    2nd Choice - Due to privacy concerns, we cannot disclose the exact reason the listing itself was ended. However, we can inform you that we did not take any action on the seller's account for this listing.

ADD to either choice: As a result, we have informed the seller that they may relist their item if they wish to do so. Please feel free to re-bid on this item under the new item number. To locate the new item number, please check the sellers list of items at:

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I would hope for the sellers stake someone didn't overbid and then backed out-although that appears likely.
    I also hope there's not anything else nefarious going on.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Because the winning bidder was the same in both auctions, I have a feeling that's exactly what happened. They backed out.

John

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

You can retract your bids. If the case is buyer's remorse, that is between the seller and the buyer. It would still not involve a official pull out of the listing from Ebay, IMO. I think it's definitely something not on the up and up.

On another note, talking about things not right. My Ebay ID was hacked yesterday morning. Someone used my ID to list over 1700 listings of motorcyles and parts that ends in 1 day. Obviously a professional with an automated software. Now, my account is secure, but it sure was a hair raising day for me yesterday!!.

Ebay doesn't delete auctions that have already ended for nonpayment...but if someone hacked an account, it means the third party was probably going to try some cashiers check scam and try to steal the items...or maybe shill bidding or something.

That, unfortunately, makes some sense regarding the big prices they ended at...it wasn't legit...

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe I'll email tinah and see if she can shed some light on this.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast