Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Round 2 predictions as far as the DT books

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Round 2 predictions as far as the DT books

The rules being what they are, at most six of the seven Dark Tower novels will progress from Round 1. That has to do with the pesky thing that is chronology, and Bracket #11 contains three DT books. The rules stipulate only two move on to the next round. So one will be left behind.

This is the place then for us to speculate which one: Wolves of the Calla, Song of Susannah, or The Dark Tower. Additionally, it's quite possible the other four DT novels may not progress further. There is a good chance The Gunslinger (Bracket #3) will go on. But there's good competition for The Waste Lands (Bracket #7), and I have trouble seeing The Drawing of the Three (Bracket #5), one of my most favorites of the series, moving on.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I predict SoS will get left in the dust.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Really? My personal feeling, but DT6 was one of the best of the series. I predict it will be DT5. And it looks like, sadly, DT2 as well.

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would say that Wolves of the Calla won't make it, just because I know there is a large percentage of people who really disliked it. SoS may make it. I think it was one of the best of the series, but it is another that many have voiced that they didnt dig so much.
    Heng Dai

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Really? My personal feeling, but DT6 was one of the best of the series. I predict it will be DT5. And it looks like, sadly, DT2 as well.
    yes, DT6 definitely was one of the best - second only to DT5, closely followed by DT2 and 3!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

I'd rank the seven books thusly (I am unfinished with DT7 right now):

DT2
    DT6
    DT7
    DT1
    DT3
    DT5
    DT4

Forgetful Fantasy-Maker Tiffany is on a distinguished road Tiffany's Avatar

Toronto, Ontario (but I'll probably always call Texas home).
    Country
    Country Flag

Edit: Pfft. Read the thread title, Tiffany, before you go posting.
    Last edited by Tiffany; 11-13-2008 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Stupidity
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark Twain

Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me....Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    -Shel Silverstein

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm hoping DT2 will make it. I will be amazed if DTVII doesn't.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

DT2 better make it!!
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Country
    Country Flag

Forgot to mention in the first post that Wizard & Glass is in Bracket #8, and it too has a real chance of staying behind in the preliminary round.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Let's hope so. *ducks*

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Let's hope so. *ducks*
    ::hides Irish Dawn in his den, and builds a barricade::

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Sweet! Protection from the bear!

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not too sure about DT6 making it. I mean, a lot of people have said everywhere on the site that they didn't like and they thought it was a "transition" between DT5 and DT7 so it wasn't that good. It's my favourite in the whole series, so of course I'd like to see it go all the way to the end, but I'm not hoping too much. DT5 may not go either, but that would surprise me a little bit more if it didn't.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Let's hope so. *ducks*
    Blasphemy!!!!!!

Time for a lynching or at least a lashing!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

You have to get past the bear first.

Country
    Country Flag

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

yeah, don't try that innocent expression with us!

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think that ALL of the dark tower books are up against some stiff competition. Each person has their faves among the seven and many disagree, but I believe that several WILL progress beyond round 1. The problem is that, while the story is epic and enthralling, it is broken into seven parts. Thats just too many for it to have much chance against other fully realized stories with a complete beginning and end.

I think DT 2 and at least one of the last three parts will progress. DT 1 has a lot of people who liked it but didn't love it, so does DT 4, DT 5, and DT 6. That leaves 3 and 7 for possible promotion. The Dark Tower Saga is an excellent case of the whole being much stronger than it's individual components. Each book may be just really good or even only ok, but the story is one of the best King wrote.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Catoe View Post
    I think that ALL of the dark tower books are up against some stiff competition.
    I even know someone who says The Waste Land is his least favorite... I don't want to point, but his name starts with "Spen-" and ends with "-cer"

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Catoe View Post
    I think that ALL of the dark tower books are up against some stiff competition.
    I even know someone who says The Waste Land is his least favorite... I don't want to point, but his name starts with "Spen-" and ends with "-cer"
    Really ? How could you, Spencer ?

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Heng Dai

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Jean, that was hilarious.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So far as 12/08, every DT book that has been in the running has passed through to the next round. The Gunslinger, The Drawing of the Three, and The Waste Lands all three will continue and it looks like Wizrad and Glass looks like it will go through too.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Country
    Country Flag

I'm realize this is an unpopular opinion, but I don't like DT4 moving on. The people have spoken, and I'm in a tiny minority, and yeah it does look like Wizard and Glass will be one of two books moving out of that bracket (along with The Green Mile, it seems like), but personally I would've preferred Desperation or Rose Madder to take its place...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast