Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: How Do You Rank The Stand Overall?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • I loved it - 5

46 75.41%
  • It was good - 4

10 16.39%
  • Average - 3

0 0%
  • Only so-so - 2

2 3.28%
  • I didnt like it - 1

0 0%
  • Never Read

3 4.92%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Stand--Voting Closed

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the reason it's so popular is that the whole superflu thing could really happen.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Unfound One View Post
    I started this book twice and both times ended up stopping a couple hundred pages in.
    I just couldn't get into it AT ALL.
    But THEN I finally got through that first part I kept re-reading and couldn't put the book down!
    that's exactly what happened to a student of mine... it took her two years to read The Stand, and when she was at last finished, she called me all in tears and said,

Spoiler:
    "Now what am I supposed to do, I've lived with them for two years, and now they're nearly all dead..."

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    that's exactly what happened to a student of mine... it took her two years to read The Stand, and when she was at last finished, she called me all in tears and said,

Spoiler:
    "Now what am I supposed to do, I've lived with them for two years, and now they're nearly all dead..."
    And that's exactly the true magic of this book...
    I feel like the characters are friends and aquaintances who I've known for years. Very few casts of characters are so approachable and memorable to me as the characters in the Stand. They're what keeps me rereading over and over.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

5. THIS ONE IS EASY AS IT IS MY FAVORITE KING BOOK. I CAN SAY ALREADY THAT IT WILL BE ONLY ONE OF FOUR 5'S FOR ME. (STAND, IT, DT W&G, SALEMS LOT) AND I HAVE READ ALL BUT A COUPLE OF THE NEW ONES. (LISEYS STORY AND BLAZE)

M-O-O-N Chooch is on a distinguished road Chooch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Stand was and still is the only book I have ever read and HAD to go to Boulder, Co. just to see if he was right on his discriptions. Let me say to you all it was perfect...just like he wrote right down to the picket fence in front of Harold Lauders house .... OMG that was the very moment I became a SK fan. Even in DTVII he writes about a place in Detroit where the Father was doing work and guess what.. yep its there..I'm sure there are a lot of us that have the same storys about our home towns and what he mentions about them.
    If it weren't for integrity...what would you be? Ka is a wheel.....

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I worship at the temple of Stephen King's genius because of this book.

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The first post of this thread has been edited to indicate The Stand's final average score, which is 4.724137931. The Stand is the winner of Bracket #2, and will be advancing to Round 2 of the competition.
    Heng Dai

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3