Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the best movie of all time? Top 2 advance!

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's A Wonderful Life

8 23.53%
  • The Princes Bride

9 26.47%
  • American Beauty

4 11.76%
  • Schindler's List

13 38.24%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BMOAT - Round 2, Group P

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default BMOAT - Round 2, Group P

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

'Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!' is my all time favorite line in cinema.

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Schindler's List, what an amazing film.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

had to go with It's a Wonderful Life
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    agreed... this movie had a major impact on me
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

As you wish.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Dude. Pairing up Schindler's List with The Princess Bride is just plain cruel.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I had my hubby pick for me. UGGG! This so totally sucks donkey feet. We ended up with laughter over tears

aka princess bride over schindlers list

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's A Wonderful Life
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    It's A Wonderful Life

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    As you wish.
    Farmboy... fetch that pitcher.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    It's A Wonderful Life
    And right back at you two

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    agreed... this movie had a major impact on me
    "..I could have saved more of them!!"

How awesome was Liam Neeson in that movie? Seriously.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

I loved it being in black and white as well.

There are few movies that make me cry... this was one of them
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

I'm with Odetta here. It's so rare for a movie to bring forth mistiness in the ocular region, but that one did. I first watched it in Social Studies, and was aghast at people who were laughing just because there were naked people on film. How could you not get into the story? I didn't get it, and still don't.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

It's a wonderful life gets my vote.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

but it's still losing...

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I voted for Schindler's List.

I've only seen it once, at the cinema. First time I've ever been to the cinema and witnessed everyone walking out from a film in complete silence, people were stunned by it.

I don't think I'll ever watch it again because I'd never recapture that impact and I want it to remain that way for me, it was the one film I've seen that ever really bought home the atrocities of WW2 to me.

I do absolutely love The Princess Bride, and would have voted for it in any other category, but I think SL deserves the number one spot for affecting me so profoundly.

but it's still losing...
    I know, I'm surprised it's not doing better. I figured it'd be up near the top for this round. I'll be sad if it doesn't make it on.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Liam Neeson totally pwned that film.

There are movies and then there are films. Schindler's List is a film in every sense of the word my friends.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

sorry guys, I have my own opinion on Schindler's List, and it is very different from anything expressed here. But, then again, my personal background, and my country's historical experience, and the cultural heritage I was brought up in are very different. The anti-fascism is deeply ingrained in all of us from the cradle, it's the context inside which we grow and mature, and there's so much pain and personal involvement connected with that; maybe we just happen to know too much and on too personal a level... anyway, I wish Hollywood would have left it alone. It's not fucking Jurassic park.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    There are movies and then there are films. Schindler's List is a film in every sense of the word my friends.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's A Wonderful Life
    This is one of my favorite movies ever. I know you've said not many people around here seem to watch alot of older movies, but I do watch alot of older movies. The thing is though the majority of them are in the horror genre. I suspect our tastes in older movies just differ usually.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

sorry guys, I have my own opinion on Schindler's List, and it is very different from anything expressed here. But, then again, my personal background, and my country's historical experience, and the cultural heritage I was brought up in are very different. The anti-fascism is deeply ingrained in all of us from the cradle, it's the context inside which we grow and mature, and there's so much pain and personal involvement connected with that; maybe we just happen to know too much and on too personal a level... anyway, I wish Hollywood would have left it alone. It's not fucking Jurassic park.
    That's true, I'm very far removed from what happened in that film. I can understand how people might feel the way you do.

I also feel that all stories deserve to be told, no matter how horrific or controversial they may be.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

*Bump

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast