Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 95 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95
Results 2,351 to 2,367 of 2367

Thread: Little Sisters of Eluria (Revised Gunslinger)

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

And let me ask this of the people that continue to grumble....had there NOT been any remarqued copies, would that have stopped you from buying a AE LSOE? Did your suspicions stop you from buying an AE of TWTTK? I suspect for most, the answer would be NO.
    I'm not really grumbling but at the time and due to the price I would not have purchased one without the chance at something special. This book was a high dollar purchase for me. At the end of the day I am happy that I did make this purchase.

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

[QUOTE=tippy4;735019]
    Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrowley View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Karen why don't you just clarify what the situation is with the remarque's once and for all so everyone understands?
    I have to agree with this
    I don't.

Asking someone to talk about their former employer and "dish out the dirt" is poor form.
    I believe she did bring the subject up

I am a customer of Donald M Grant Publishers -- I purchased artist editions of LSOE, TWTHK, i have all the Grant Gunslinger Books . i purchased from their website = GS BOOKS 2, 3, 4 Black HOuse and Talisman all 7 slipcases purchased directly from them. the providence of the others are in question, but someone bought them from grant and I bought from them!

I think this subject has been "talked" about for years. A true mystery. I would truly like this to be cleared up so we can move on. Before it gets buried again. I never intended to unwrap my copy until the "possibility" of a remark was brought up again. If the remarks were not available to the public then Donald M GRant books should so state. I gave them an opportunity to address this, but they simply stated all copies were sold out. Just tell us what happened and move on. A "Cover UP" is what gets everyone in trouble eventually.

I am not looking for gossip, stories or innuendo. Just the truth. I think I can handle the truth. No one ever got into trouble for telling the truth. (Lernt that from my gramma). I dont need a dirty secret or long drawn out story. I am not trying to slander or put down a company (couldnt do it if i tried). Just let me know if when i ordered my books, did i really have a chance to get a remarked copy. Was it a book selling ploy or a real possibility?

This is on their website:

Michael Whelan told us that he did drawings on 30 - 50 of the signature pages when he was signing them and we have no idea which numbered copies they ended up in. He sent us photos of two of them and one is posted here. If you receive one of these be aware that the value of these books are probably in excess of $1,000 as copies of the Artist Edition of THE DARK TOWER VII in which Michael made similar drawings sold on ebay or to collectors for over $1,200 each. I expect that most of these copies will remain undiscovered for years as many collectors never take the shrink wrap off their books.

I hate stories without endings, if someone would like to PM me with the true story, I CAN KEEP A SECRET (if you insist it be kept secret). Otherwise i will lose sleep over the endless possibilities.
    When you bring something up you should be prepared to discuss it otherwise don't say anything

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post

And let me ask this of the people that continue to grumble....had there NOT been any remarqued copies, would that have stopped you from buying a AE LSOE? Did your suspicions stop you from buying an AE of TWTTK? I suspect for most, the answer would be NO.
    I'm not really grumbling but at the time and due to the price I would not have purchased one without the chance at something special. This book was a high dollar purchase for me. At the end of the day I am happy that I did make this purchase.
    I would NOT have bought a AE if it wasnt for the remarque copies. Thats the only AE I have ever bought.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I would have never opened my book if i hadn't started reading the previous 2000 posts about these mysterious remarks. Look back to July discussions and comments made by Grant website --- I moved on and then this

"""""The odds are VERY against you finding one with a remark..... """""""

VERY INteresting to me.

A simple statement from Donald M GRant books stating that all the books were shipped to our loyal customers would clear this up for me. I read through posts and questions get asked without answers. It is a mystery. It is not the first time over the years that people wondered if they really shipped the remarked books. Just curious and it adds to the Stephen King collecting lore. and it makes a fun story. I do not plan on buying remarked books from GRant if they say several are remarked. Fool me once....

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If they decided to say they all shipped to customers would you believe it? I mean as I see it the only response they could give that would be believed is...ok, we kept them in house for ourselves...and that wouldn't be wise with all things considered.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yup i won't be buying anymore books from Grant, and i can't let it go, it was the main reason for me buying an AE and the majour selling point, basically to me it sounds that Grant lied to their customers

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    If they decided to say they all shipped to customers would you believe it? I mean as I see it the only response they could give that would be believed is...ok, we kept them in house for ourselves...and that wouldn't be wise with all things considered.
    I have no doubt the Robert kept one for himself...If I were in his position, I would have done the same.

Yup i won't be buying anymore books from Grant, and i can't let it go, it was the main reason for me buying an AE and the majour selling point, basically to me it sounds that Grant lied to their customers
    It "sounds like", but you don't know for sure.

Look, we're talking about a book that cost $95. Nobody paid a premium for the chance at a remarque, and the book has not only maintained it's value, it has increased (I just checked ebay, and there are nine sold in recent months that sold for issue price or more....and not one that sold for below issue price). My point is that nobody here is out anything except a little time.

I guess my position is that #1, we don't KNOW there was any deception here and #2, assuming EVERY remarque Whelan did was shipped, the chances of getting a remarque were slim-to-none anyhow, and #3, nobody paid any extra for the chance at a remarque, and finally, #4, if somebody wants to recoup their purchase price, they should be able to do so on the secondary market.

I understand that Grant does not have a perfect track record (the recent shipping delays are what I am referring to), but what small publisher does? Another publisher often discussed here, until recently delayed shipment of books for months and months....and in some case YEARS. And that same publisher tends to overcharge on shipping 2-3 times the actual cost. Both of these issues are FACTS, but people still continue to buy from them......myself included.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

This is a difference of opinion then

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I gotta agree with tippy4....While the main reason I bought SO many copies of the AE was to chance luck into a remarque, I wasn't lied to( assuming they exist) and I got exactly what I paid for. The fact that they haven't lost value is bonus. All in All Grant has been a standup organization. IF they have more SK limiteds, I'M in!

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

BUt.... I did not buy a bazillion copies of the TWTTK AE... I stuck with the SL edition.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The books were advertised as "you could get a remarqued copy". Many bought a lot of AE just to increase their odds. If copies were bought just to see if one had a remarque (and if they don't they were sold inmediately), the fact that those remarqued copies were never really for sale is not honest. Simply as that.

Sure, it's water under the bridge, but I understand those who would like to know what happened.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    The books were advertised as "you could get a remarqued copy". Many bought a lot of AE just to increase their odds. If copies were bought just to see if one had a remarque (and if they don't they were sold inmediately), the fact that those remarqued copies were never really for sale is not honest. Simply as that.

Sure, it's water under the bridge, but I understand those who would like to know what happened.

Agreed. Water under the bridge. But it is hard to forget. You don't like to think someone is trying to take advantage of you. I have to let go. But i don't like being a fool. I would like to think it could all be cleared up with a few statements from someone or anyone "in the know".

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

I ordered a AE unopened from Betts in the hopes I would get a remarqued copy. I don't like what seems to be happening at Grant but realistically if they produce another signed King book ill buy it.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I would love to have the opportunity to buy another from them

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

the fact that those remarqued copies were never really for sale is not honest. Simply as that.
    How do you know that to be true?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Asleep

the fact that those remarqued copies were never really for sale is not honest. Simply as that.
    How do you know that to be true?

We are assuming it because of this: This is what started all the fun in the first place. VERY was underlined and in RED

Weedeater
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The odds are VERY against you finding one with a remark.....

This is getting interesting. If only someone, anyone would just tell us the truth.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Karen why don't you just clarify what the situation is with the remarque's once and for all so everyone understands?
    I have to agree with this
    I don't.

Asking someone to talk about their former and "dish out the dirt" is poor form.
    I believe she did bring the subject up

I am a customer of Donald M Grant Publishers -- I purchased artist editions of LSOE, TWTHK, i have all the Grant Gunslinger Books . i purchased from their website = GS BOOKS 2, 3, 4 Black HOuse and Talisman all 7 slipcases purchased directly from them. the providence of the others are in question, but someone bought them from grant and I bought from them!

I think this subject has been "talked" about for years. A true mystery. I would truly like this to be cleared up so we can move on. Before it gets buried again. I never intended to unwrap my copy until the "possibility" of a remark was brought up again. If the remarks were not available to the public then Donald M GRant books should so state. I gave them an opportunity to address this, but they simply stated all copies were sold out. Just tell us what happened and move on. A "Cover UP" is what gets everyone in trouble eventually.

I am not looking for gossip, stories or innuendo. Just the truth. I think I can handle the truth. No one ever got into trouble for telling the truth. (Lernt that from my gramma). I dont need a dirty secret or long drawn out story. I am not trying to slander or put down a company (couldnt do it if i tried). Just let me know if when i ordered my books, did i really have a chance to get a remarked copy. Was it a book selling ploy or a real possibility?

This is on their website:

Michael Whelan told us that he did drawings on 30 - 50 of the signature pages when he was signing them and we have no idea which numbered copies they ended up in. He sent us photos of two of them and one is posted here. If you receive one of these be aware that the value of these books are probably in excess of $1,000 as copies of the Artist Edition of THE DARK TOWER VII in which Michael made similar drawings sold on ebay or to collectors for over $1,200 each. I expect that most of these copies will remain undiscovered for years as many collectors never take the shrink wrap off their books..

I hate stories without endings, if someone would like to PM me with the true story, I CAN KEEP A SECRET (if you insist it be kept secret). Otherwise i will lose sleep over the endless possibilities.

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 95 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95