Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 95 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Little Sisters of Eluria (Revised Gunslinger)

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

In the past, it depended on your DT VII number...why switch from what works for this time?

So, yeah, if you have a Gunslinger number 50, you likely wouldn't qualify for that number but rather the number of any DT VII you have...

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    In the past, it depended on your DT VII number...why switch from what works for this time?

So, yeah, if you have a Gunslinger number 50, you likely wouldn't qualify for that number but rather the number of any DT VII you have...
    if that was th case... i couldn't imagine the number not at least matching the same amout of DT7's produced.
    but stranger things have been known to happen ( <= sb recollecting the "TGWLTG" fiasco... <= sb still fuming about said "TGWLTG" fiasco)

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

My bet is that there will be at least as many S/Ls of Gunslinger Revised as there were of DTVII. Here's why:

I would think that part of the intention of this is that a larger, and perhaps different, group of people could obtain some sort of S/L of The Gunslinger (without taking out a second mortgage on their homes). That would not happen if distribution were based on a mentality of "The rich get richer" (i.e. 500 Revised S/Ls going to owners of the original 500 Gunslinger S/Ls).
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Deefuzz View Post
    Awww. So no way for a newbie to get started with this I guess.

Do not despair! As I said, there is usually a lottery at Grant and you might get lucky.
    Also, you could always try to buy a DTVII on eBay and take your chances.

And after it is issued, I'm sure this new S/L will appear on eBay as well.

We all know that some sellers have horded extra DTVII S/L's on the speculation that it would give them the opportunity to buy more copies of the new S/L when it comes out. All of which could be sold at an aftermarket profit later.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

Do not despair! As I said, there is usually a lottery at Grant and you might get lucky.
    We all know that some sellers have horded extra DTVII S/L's on the speculation that it would give them the opportunity to buy more copies of the new S/L when it comes out. All of which could be sold at an aftermarket profit later.
    So, the fact that I have 10 copies of DT VII makes me a "hoarder" not a "collector?"

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

So, the fact that I have 10 copies of DT VII makes me a "hoarder" not a "collector?"
    If you sell them to others, you are a hoarder.
    If you keep them or sell them to me, you are a collector.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

You're definitley in 'hoarder' territory with 10 copies...haha...

I agree that the end number will be much closer to 1,500 than 500 (which I think is zero chance)...But, if you're a hoarder, you better hope it's not MORE than 1,500...I have three extra copies myself, and I'm selling them one way or the other once the announcement happens and any loss I take is just going to be the way it is. I have one set that I'll get a matching number for, but other than that, I'm not keeping any extras.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

By the way I'm a free market capitalist, so I didn't mean to imply that hoarding is a bad thing.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

**** THERE IS PROGRESS BEING MADE PEOPLE ****

I learned last night from Audrey that after she and Michael returned from Japan in early September, Michael was inspired to do another DT painting and some drawings which he has since sent on to Robert at Grant books.

While there is still no timetable for the book's release, I am encouraged by this news. I just know that Michael's illustrations/artwork is going to be OUTSTANDING! Ok, maybe I am a wee bit biased in my thinking.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

Cool! Well at least there is something....

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Way cool

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad to hear Whelan's inspired to work on the project. Thanks for the update, Wiz!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Good news! Really..it's a good news!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice Asterisco is on a distinguished road Asterisco's Avatar

Now that's an excellent news!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I still have the feeling we may not see this edition until sometime in 2009!

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I still have the feeling we may not see this edition until sometime in 2009!

John
    As long as I'm still alive I can wait. And if I'm not, it won't matter.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

**** THERE IS PROGRESS BEING MADE PEOPLE ****

I learned last night from Audrey that after she and Michael returned from Japan in early September, Michael was inspired to do another DT painting and some drawings which he has since sent on to Robert at Grant books.

While there is still no timetable for the book's release, I am encouraged by this news. I just know that Michael's illustrations/artwork is going to be OUTSTANDING! Ok, maybe I am a wee bit biased in my thinking.

I was just coming in here to relay this info.

And the new painting is FABO!!!!!!!!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

And I am sure the nanosecond that information from Grant can be released Karen will be here first with the news! Right?
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Can't wait for this
    Now that I'd probably qualify for one S/L!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    And I am sure the nanosecond that information from Grant can be released Karen will be here first with the news! Right?
    You paying me for info???????
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

This is good news indeed.*starts saving pennies*

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

I just got this in the Grant Newsletter...

Welcome to issue #53 of the Donald M. Grant Newsletter

13 November 2007

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. SIGNED DARK TOWER II LIMITED AVAILABILITY
    2. SIGNED DOUBLE MEMORY LIMITED AVAILABILITY
    3. UPDATE - THE LITTLE SISTERS OF ELURIA
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. SIGNED DARK TOWER II LIMITED AVAILABILITY

For the first time in two years, Phil Hale stopped by the office
    recently and we were able to have him sign a number of copies
    of the First Edition, First Printing of THE DARK TOWER II:
    THE DRAWING OF THE THREE which he illustrated in 1987.

These are available on a first-come-first serve basis. We are not
    charging anything extra because of the autograph. He signed
    copies for us last time he visited and these sold out very quickly.

You can order them at:
    http://secure.grantbooks.com/z-sk-dt-2.html

2. SIGNED DOUBLE MEMORY LIMITED AVAILABILITY

While Phil was visiting we also got him to sign some copies of
    DOUBLE MEMORY: ART AND COLLABORATION, the Phil
    Hale Rick Berry art book. We have just gotten Rick Berry to sign
    them as well and these too are available on a first-come-first
    serve basis. We are not charging anything extra because of the
    autographs.

These may be ordered at:

http://secure.grantbooks.com/z-titles-doublememory.html

3. UPDATE - THE LITTLE SISTERS OF ELURIA

Two years ago, I announced that Donald M. Grant, Publisher,
    Inc. will be publishing a book containing THE LITTLE SISTERS
    OF ELURIA and the revised edition of THE GUNSLINGER
    (which was published by Viking). Stephen King has chosen to
    title this combined volume THE LITTLE SISTERS OF ELURIA.

The book is illustrated by Michael Whelan and will contain
    new art as well as the art originally published in the first edition
    of THE GUNSLINGER.

We have now received from Michael all the additional art for
    the book and can start working on design and production.

Price, schedule and other details have not been set and when
    further information is available it will be posted on our website
    and published in our newsletter. We expect that this will be
    announced in the beginning of 2008.

We are not taking orders, reservations or putting people on a
    waiting list.

Please do not call or email us for further details as we will just
    refer you to our web site and suggest you remain subscribed to
    our email newsletter.

Thank you.

Robert K. Wiener, President
    Donald M. Grant, Publisher, Inc.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm calling Karen right now to reserve my book

Just kidding.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post

Just kidding.
    you dirty rotten SOB!!!

I best not hear from any of you on here about this!!!!!! LOL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post

Just kidding.
    you dirty rotten SOB!!!

I best not hear from any of you on here about this!!!!!! LOL!!!!
    How about from one sox fan to another

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 95 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast