Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 95 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 ... LastLast

Thread: Little Sisters of Eluria (Revised Gunslinger)

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Yes, Michael did some pen and ink remarques, some in pencil, and the two that I posted (one of which is on the Grant website) were done with paint. Michael said he did "several" with paint.

and wiz already has 4 copies sitting in his bookcase... directly fom michael.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

So when they do start showing up, there will be different tiers of value...obviously, the oil/paint remarques will go for a lot more than pen and ink.

The funny thing is they will probably take some time to actually start showing up...even if they sell 2,ooo copies right away, that's only 50 percent...these things will be showing up for months.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

And that's assuming that everyone who orders a copy:

1. Opens it up, and
    2. Decides to sell it

John

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Were all of the remarques found that he did for Dark Tower VII?
    I have seen some of the pictures of them but not all I think. Does anyone have a link to them?
    Do you think Michael made pictures of the LSOE remarques so we could see them?

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

1. Opens it up, and
    2. Decides to sell it

John
    Didn't even think of that...I was just asuming everyone who gets one would be a poster here, but of course that's not true. So we might only see one or two for a long time...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    I have seen some of the pictures of them but not all I think. Does anyone have a link to them?
    I bumped this thread Remarkable Remarques! Sketches and Doodles too.
    To my knowledge there are only a few (1-2) pics of what Whelan did for LSOE. The rest is and will be a suprise.
    Welcome to Calvins Corner.

Traveler iprimate858 will become famous soon enough iprimate858's Avatar

I just received my flyer, and I just ordered my Artist Edition. I can't wait.

Just one question: what's the size difference between this and the rest of the Grant 1st editions?

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

the size of this one is 10 x 7, the original books are not! lol But I don't know what size
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

1. Opens it up, and
    2. Decides to sell it

John
    I can even imagine some who don't know about the remarques that don't ever realise that the art in their book is an original drawing/painting. I would not be surprised if 25% - 50% are never seen by anyone except the original owner.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And some of those may never be seen by anyone except Whelan himself and the last person to handle the book before it was wrapped.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi. I received the email from Grant a few days ago and ordered my S/L and AE.

Good luck to those of you in the lottery with higher number S/Ls.

And good luck to all of us in cornering the Whelan remarques.

Best to you, Karen, in managing through this exciting time for King collectors!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    Here is the link to the known DT VII remarques (from our friend Tomas' site).

http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/whelan.html

According to Michael, all of the remarques he did for DT VII were not found. He did NOT take pictures of all the LSOE remarques he did. As far as I know, the only 2 pictures he did take of LSOE remarques, were the ones I posted earlier.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

According to Michael, all of the remarques he did for DT VII were not found.
    David, I'm not sure what you are saying here. I thought all of the larger sketches were done to order through the Glass Onion website and the buyers received them without shrinkwrap. At least that is how I got my copy. So I would think that all are "found" by their owners. There weren't any of the 30 larger sketches done and sold randomly, were there?

Or are you saying that some owners just haven't photographed them and sent them to Thomas to be included with the 23 photographed sketches?

M-O-O-N Chooch is on a distinguished road Chooch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    Yes, Michael did some pen and ink remarques, some in pencil, and the two that I posted (one of which is on the Grant website) were done with paint. Michael said he did "several" with paint.
    What an awesome thing Michael did. My goal is to get one for my collection. Fingers crossed.

Good job Wiz, selling your extra sets. I haven't put #1097 on Ebay yet. I was hoping someone here would need it since I own #432 now. I don't think $750 for 5,6, & 7 set, $300 for matching LSOE and $95 for matching number AE, is a bad offer for a member here.

If I go to Ebay it will go for more. I would rather help a member here.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    That is very good offer Mullins...wish I had the cash for those. If anyone is interested in his offer I can atest to how well he packs and ships.....
    If it weren't for integrity...what would you be? Ka is a wheel.....

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

According to Michael, all of the remarques he did for DT VII were not found.
    David, I'm not sure what you are saying here. I thought all of the larger sketches were done to order through the Glass Onion website and the buyers received them without shrinkwrap. At least that is how I got my copy. So I would think that all are "found" by their owners. There weren't any of the 30 larger sketches done and sold randomly, were there?

Or are you saying that some owners just haven't photographed them and sent them to Thomas to be included with the 23 photographed sketches?
    I think what he is saying is that not every one one of them is listed on Tomas' website. There are some out there still that have not been "shared" by their owners.

tippy4 <-----still kicking himself for selling his.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

*also kicking tippy4 for selling his*

You know you deserve it.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't argue with you my friend.

Patrick tippy4

And I had a very unique one in that it was the only one done in color (the red Crimson King).

Mike P., do you still have it or is it sitting on Wiz's bookshelf now?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Chooch View Post
    What an awesome thing Michael did. My goal is to get one for my collection. Fingers crossed.

Good job Wiz, selling your extra sets. I haven't put #1097 on Ebay yet. I was hoping someone here would need it since I own #432 now. I don't think $750 for 5,6, & 7 set, $300 for matching LSOE and $95 for matching number AE, is a bad offer for a member here.

If I go to Ebay it will go for more. I would rather help a member here.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    That is very good offer Mullins...wish I had the cash for those. If anyone is interested in his offer I can atest to how well he packs and ships.....
    Thanks Chooch.

FSMDR (Juliana) already bought the set. She is very excited.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    And I had one of the coolest ones in that it was the only one done in color (the red Crimson King).
    this one is not in the Collector website, is it?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes it is.

First column, second row (just above the crows).
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Gunslinger Apprentice mikeyw is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Catoe View Post
    How long is it reasonable to wait before you get what you have paid for?.....

I would say that it would depend on if there was a shipping date given when you ordered. If a date is given, then to exceed that date by even a day and not notify those who were on board first is poor business IMO. However, I would say that you could easily give one-two weeks before asking what's up. For those who have dealt with CD before, you know who you are dealing with. Nothing has changed since last time, so what's your problem. You KNEW how they do business when you placed the order. If you didn't know, now you do. Ask for your refund if you wish or hush about it. You're going to have to wait like the rest of us for what you've ordered. That doesn't mean you shouldn't contact them for an update. For ANY item that is a year or more behind schedule, I suggest getting a refund and buy the book on the secondary market.
    Is that not most of their titles?

Yes, I know how they do business and despite how one might feel about this (being totally unethical IMHO) you pay it as you want the book - BUT, when they state that they are on schedule, they say that the next book wont take as long as the last, and still you wait. As you say, how long is reasonable to wait and i'm not really sure what the answer to that is.........I guess my only positive is that in that time the $ £ exchange rate has swung so a refund to me now is worth 20% more!.....

Most publishers dont take the money up front, but CD KNOW that demand outstrips supply which means they can charge up front like they do - yes i've paid the money but I dont like it one little bit and think that others should know how poor they are.

I think you have the right to expect items that you have paid for to be supplied in a reasonable timeframe - 2 years is not reasonable.

I've placed my order.

I couldn't help myself but, when I placed the order for the AE editions I started humming "I've got a golden ticket" from Willy Wonka This reminds of that. You have to buy AE editions to find the ticket. Class Dismissed.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    How wonderfully put - the question is do you go with ka and buy one, or hedge your bets on several copies !??!!

i've just got the one ordered thus far (plus the numbered), but am tempted......maybe i'll use the CD refunds to buy a stack

This may be a daft question, so do forgive me, but since most of my DT Grant Editions are still in their wrapping, was there an earlier edition of some kind that may have had remarques inside?....

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If you have a DTVII Artist's addition, I'd check it!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 95 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 ... LastLast