Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 95 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 2367

Thread: Little Sisters of Eluria (Revised Gunslinger)

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    ... For some reason, in my mind it seems that LSOE should comes after DTVII...
    If you have two copies, then one should go on each end.
    That's actually brilliant thinking! For the OCD collector everything is balanced, AND ordered by publication date/ and story (with the Gunslinger aspect of LSOE). You sure you ain't working for Grant, trying to convince everyone to buy two copies?

Gunslinger Apprentice bast_imret is on a distinguished road bast_imret's Avatar

But LSOE takes place before The Gunslinger, so the only reason to have it at the other end of the stack is for order by publication date.

Edit: unless you want to assume that LSOE is taking place after the events at the end of book VII.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    ... For some reason, in my mind it seems that LSOE should comes after DTVII...
    If you have two copies, then one should go on each end.
    That's actually brilliant thinking! For the OCD collector everything is balanced, AND ordered by publication date/ and story (with the Gunslinger aspect of LSOE). You sure you ain't working for Grant, trying to convince everyone to buy two copies?
    Sure. I've requested that Grant donate my large commission checks directly to the site's Fundraiser.

I plan to place my S/L before and my AE after.

Quote Originally Posted by bast_imret View Post
    But LSOE takes place before The Gunslinger, so the only reason to have it at the other end of the stack is for order by publication date.

Edit: unless you want to assume that LSOE is taking place after the events at the end of book VII.
    Spoiler:
    Or both before and after.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice blg is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

This arrived today:

However, I've recently decided not to keep artist editions, unsigned editions, etc, when I plan on eventually picking up the deluxe/signed version, and will probably end up selling this.

Gunslinger Apprentice what is on a distinguished road what's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lucky... I did receive my copy today aswell, although i don't recall any sketches

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by blg View Post
    This arrived today:

However, I've recently decided not to keep artist editions, unsigned editions, etc, when I plan on eventually picking up the deluxe/signed version, and will probably end up selling this.
    That's pretty, I would of loved to had something in mine even if it was something that small.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Nice sketch...anything original and unique is very exciting.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I agree with rahfa, anything is better than nothing. I've always liked his Ka's.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

M-O-O-N Chooch is on a distinguished road Chooch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yep the Ka's are cool..congratulations.....
    Its getting freakin' cold by the mailbox...... (dancing to stay warm)
    If it weren't for integrity...what would you be? Ka is a wheel.....

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Copy 1881 is safely in my hands!!!

No remarque for me, but I'm incredibly pleased!

Thank you, Karen! And please pass on thanks to those who "worked the barn" !
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The little sisters have arrived in Minneapolis, MN. I have #2185. No remarque. Beautiful book.

I love opening a box from Grant. Doesn't happen often enough.

Thanks Karen!

Traveler Patrick19 is on a distinguished road Patrick19's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My AE arrived today!! I was so ridiculously excited to open it, and I had to rush here to tell you all as soon as I got done looking at all the AWESOME new artwork!!
    I'm not sure if this counts as a remarque or not, but Michael drew a really neat looking Eye of the Crimson King just above his signature.
    And get this... it's book 1603 - 16+3... hehe
    I love everything about this book! Kudos to all at Grant for putting together one of the coolest looking books in my collection!

My Mood
    Gay

That's a remarque! Congratulations !!

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Country
    Country Flag

A question arises. Of the 30-50 remarques that Michael did.... are these sketches included in that number, or additional to? My understanding was 30-50 of either the paintings, or remarques ala Wiz's DTVIIs, but I may very well have been wrong.

M-O-O-N Chooch is on a distinguished road Chooch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats to all....
    If it weren't for integrity...what would you be? Ka is a wheel.....

My Mood
    Gay

Eric - I thought it ( a remarque ) included anything besides the autograph - regardless if it were a larger sketch or a Ka symbol or Crimson King sigul. That was my impression, anyways.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Eric - I thought it ( a remarque ) included anything besides the autograph - regardless if it were a larger sketch or a Ka symbol or Crimson King sigul. That was my impression, anyways.
    Karen or Wiz will truly confirm, but nice simple doodles like the Ka symbol are not part of the original art count. I believe Michael Whelan took a fair amount of time on the 30-50 (undetermined) books announced.

Country
    Country Flag

Jerome -

Thats kind of what I was thinking. But the doodles are an awesome touch as well! I wonder how many of those were done?

On a side and related note, my AE of DTVII has what sounds like the same eye of the crimson king!

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I have NO idea! LOL Wiz will have to confirm that one.

Sooo exciting to see that they are arriving. Robert shipped out the last of the single order artist editions for the US today.

We get tray cases tomorrow!!!! Deluxe only orders will ship out first. I am working on finishing artist with other, man, these take time. Then onto foreign orders.

UGH UGH UGH
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I think a doodle is a doodle and a remarque is a remarque.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Gunslinger Apprentice PlayPhish is on a distinguished road PlayPhish's Avatar

I mentioned to Michael at dinner tonight how people began receiving their AE LSOE and that they were pleased with the remarques. I mentioned the Ka symbol noteded above specifically. He said there must be 100 little drawings, some painted some drawn. I didn't get into it anymore with him than that. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

And I refer to anything beyond just the signature as a remarque; be it a sketch, doodle, drawing, painting or a smiley face over the 'i' in their name. :p Michael was referring to the doodles and such, not the 30-50 remarques when he mentioned that there must be 100.

Hope this helps.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats everyone!!! I'll take a doodle (and yes, to me it's a small remarque) any day! I think I'm still a few days away from my box arriving!!!

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

That's cool...if it's 150 or so, even that's just 4 percent of the total, so whether it's a Ka symbol or something else it's very rare...and it also increases the odds we (I) might get one!

For the 'resale' value, obviously the drawings we've seen samples of will be worth a lot more, but the Ka will have a premium as well.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    That's cool...if it's 150 or so, even that's just 4 percent of the total, so whether it's a Ka symbol or something else it's very rare...and it also increases the odds we (I) might get one!

For the 'resale' value, obviously the drawings we've seen samples of will be worth a lot more, but the Ka will have a premium as well.
    What sort of a premium would you estimate? Assuming the book itself holds at $100.

Honestly, no clue at all...for a Ka? Maybe $250? Depends how common they turn out to be. A full drawing? $1K with the right timing.

I would absolutely NOT sell a remarqued copy for awhile.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 95 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 ... LastLast