6 20.69%
  • Apocalypse Now

10 34.48%
  • The Dark Knight

10 34.48%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BMOAT - Round 2, Group M

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default BMOAT - Round 2, Group M

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Do you want to know how I got these scars?

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

so feev how much are you paying for votes for tdk?

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Gonna have to go with Apocolypse Now. So much about that film is outstanding.

( not to mention the documentary about making it - Heart of Darkness, a filmmakers apocolypse - is one of my favorite documentaries ... EVER )

And sorry, but I didn't think Dark Knight was that good ( ducking now )... It was okay, but to me, not the be-all-end-all that a lot of people think it was.

I loved Heath Ledger's performance, but else... ho-hum.

: turtlex runs from feev :
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Gonna have to go with Apocolypse Now. So much about that film is outstanding.

( not to mention the documentary about making it - Heart of Darkness, a filmmakers apocolypse - is one of my favorite documentaries ... EVER )

And sorry, but I didn't think Dark Knight was that good ( ducking now )... It was okay, but to me, not the be-all-end-all that a lot of people think it was.

I loved Heath Ledger's performance, but else... ho-hum.

: turtlex runs from feev :
    wow, it was so nice knowing you. i'm really going to miss talking with you and seeing you post on the board. i'm sure once feev is done with you someone will let us all know about funeral arrangements and where to deliver donations and such. . . .

My Mood
    Gay

Yeah, love you guys, remember me fondly!

I guess if feev can explain why Bales spent the whole movie whisper-talking.. that might help.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

I went with Oh Brother. I love three out of the four films in this bracket. The fourth I haven't seen. I heard many good things about TDK, I'm just not into superhero movies so I've yet to see it. Feev seems to like it ok though

Jacket and Apocalypse are two of my all time favorite films, war film or otherwise. I couldn't even decide between them for best Viet Nam war film let alone BMOAT. I also knew both would get other votes. I decided to go with another of my favorite films, the Coen Bros' masterpiece. As many times as I've seen it, it only gets better. The performances are top notch, especially Turturro as Pete. The look is perfect. The music is perfect (and much of it is fun to play too).

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Full Metal Jacket definitely...

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Never get out of the boat.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

O, Brother.

This was a tough group. I do love The Dark Knight, and I can't wait to go see it again in IMAX, but man, how can you top O,B,WAT? in this bracket?
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, Brother

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh Brother, where art thou?

I just LOVE the score!!!!!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Come on TDK!

My Mood
    Gay

: turtlex looks around suspiciously :

Am I still alive?!?

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I've tried watching O, Brother twice and couldn't get through it, and I'm a big Coen Bros fan...I'll give it another go eventually, so until then I'm picking Apocalypse Now.

I generally can't stand Vietnam films, for a number of reasons, but this one I really dug.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    I've tried watching O, Brother twice and couldn't get through it, and I'm a big Coen Bros fan...
    Noooooooooooooooooooooo

You definitely have to try again! Get at least as far as the first song!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i've never seen oh brother. never even tried to watch it. seems like a stupid movie to me just from the previews i have seen . . . .

:: shrugs ::

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I cant choose!
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    i've never seen oh brother. never even tried to watch it. seems like a stupid movie to me just from the previews i have seen . . . .

I'd give it another try at some point. It's a lot of things, but it's not stupid. Actually, quite the opposite. Never trust a preview.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I've tried watching O, Brother twice and couldn't get through it, and I'm a big Coen Bros fan...
    Noooooooooooooooooooooo

yeah, maybe you should have a pint and give it another go.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

And then have 2 more pints and watch TDK

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Noooooooooooooooooooooo

Ahhhh, I did get that far - I have that song on my ipod too I got up to where the women bathe them in the river, but it wasn't interesting me enough for me to continue.

I have very limited time for watching films, so generally if i'm not engrossed within the first 10 mins I switch off. I will try again though

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    yeah, maybe you should have a pint and give it another go.
    Y'know me, any excuse for a pint and I'm there!!

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    And then have 2 more pints and watch TDK
    That's a definate! I wanted to see it at the cinema...so far I've been subjected to High School Musical 3 as this years cinematic experience

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post

I'd give it another try at some point. It's a lot of things, but it's not stupid. Actually, quite the opposite. Never trust a preview.
    well, if i can't trust jayson's review whose can i trust?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast