View Poll Results: Should the Coda have been part of TDT VII?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    64 91.43%
  • No

    5 7.14%
  • Don't care/Other/Undecided

    1 1.43%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 105

Thread: Coda or no Coda?

  1. #26
    The White Guy Chap is on a distinguished road Chap's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Todash
    Posts
    724
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    [quote=Wuducynn;325779]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kes View Post
    Can you believe I actually met someone who never went past where Roland enters the Tower. To this day he doesn't know and doesn't want to know.
    I can absolutely believe it! When I reached that point I thought to myself "bet there's loads of angry-internet-constant-reader-guys who never read past this point"
    Some are born to sweet delight,

    some are born to the endless night.

  2. #27
    DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    6,451
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    [quote=Chap;325818]
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuducynn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kes View Post
    Can you believe I actually met someone who never went past where Roland enters the Tower. To this day he doesn't know and doesn't want to know.
    I can absolutely believe it! When I reached that point I thought to myself "bet there's loads of angry-internet-constant-reader-guys who never read past this point"
    HAHAHAHAHAHA yeah.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

    "When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

  3. #28
    DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    6,451
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post

    I cannot believe it. My mind refuses to do so.
    Well, you're just going to have to! He doesn't want to know what happened to Roland when he entered the Tower and that's that. He was happen knowing he reached it I guess.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

    "When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

  4. #29
    damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Posts
    9,068
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wuducynn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post

    I cannot believe it. My mind refuses to do so.
    Well, you're just going to have to! He doesn't want to know what happened to Roland when he entered the Tower and that's that. He was happen knowing he reached it I guess.
    Incredible.
    And when did he close the book? I mean... how long has he been torturing himself? (I can't believe he doesn't feel like opening the book any moment but who knows.)

    Roland would have understood.

  5. #30
    shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    the endless desert of new mexico
    Posts
    2,087
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    say what u will about the coda (I 4 one liked it) but I dont think that there is anyone who had enough restraint to not read the coda, yeah sai king advised against it but he knew damn well we were all going to disregard the warning and read the coda and I simply cannot bring myself top believe that someone didnt
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

  6. #31
    DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    6,451
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flaggwalkstheline View Post
    say what u will about the coda (I 4 one liked it) but I dont think that there is anyone who had enough restraint to not read the coda, yeah sai king advised against it but he knew damn well we were all going to disregard the warning and read the coda and I simply cannot bring myself top believe that someone didnt
    *shrugs* Okey dokey.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

    "When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

  7. #32
    shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    the endless desert of new mexico
    Posts
    2,087
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wuducynn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by flaggwalkstheline View Post
    say what u will about the coda (I 4 one liked it) but I dont think that there is anyone who had enough restraint to not read the coda, yeah sai king advised against it but he knew damn well we were all going to disregard the warning and read the coda and I simply cannot bring myself top believe that someone didnt
    *shrugs* Okey dokey.
    Spoiler:
    (head explodes)
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

  8. #33
    damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Posts
    9,068
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    I can imagine that someone didn't but I don't think he will be able to stop himself forever.

    Roland would have understood.

  9. #34
    Gunslinger Apprentice Bumbler19 is on a distinguished road

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    90

    Default

    I almost stopped reading before the coda... was a pretty paper thin line... but reading past it wakes you up to so much more hypotheses' to wonder about, pertaining to the levels of the tower, and how things will change etc. etc.

  10. #35
    Gunslinger Apprentice Kes is on a distinguished road Kes's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pasadena, California
    Posts
    64
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wuducynn View Post
    Can you believe I actually met someone who never went past where Roland enters the Tower. To this day he doesn't know and doesn't want to know.
    Part of me says, "Good for him."

    It's always wise to know what your limits are....(she says thinking to herself, "at least that's what they tell me.")
    The wrath of the witch-burners is in direct proportion to the comeliness of the witch.
    Clark Ashton Smith


  11. #36
    Traveler melliferal is on a distinguished road

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    6
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    My only problem with the Coda is that it was the end of the series but not the end of the story. I mean, sure, yeah it's "begun all over again", except it hasn't. You can't simply go back to DT1 and pretend you're just still rolling along from DT7, because things are different now - subtly different. In the next go-around, Roland may never meet Jake, or Eddie, or Suze. He might form a completely different ka-tet. Which wouldn't be so bad....except that we'll never, ever get to read about it! I'd be just fine with such an "ending" if it resulted in some more books....but it won't, say sorry.

  12. #37
    Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,829
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    I'm pro Coda because it keeps the series alive. We've had some really great discussions on here that wouldn't be possible without the idea of Roland looping, obtaining the horn, etc...

  13. #38
    Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Lettiland
    Posts
    22,328
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    The whole don't read past this point you don't want to know no really stop thing had me wondering if King was back on drugs for a moment. Then I read on! I can't imagine not doing so. And it's good I don't know anyone who's read that far and stopped because I don't think we'd be friends for long
    Spoiler:
    ...after I told them anyway.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

    If you rescue me
    I値l be your friend forever


    I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)



  14. #39
    DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    6,451
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    The whole don't read past this point you don't want to know no really stop thing had me wondering if King was back on drugs for a moment. Then I read on! I can't imagine not doing so. And it's good I don't know anyone who's read that far and stopped because I don't think we'd be friends for long
    Spoiler:
    ...after I told them anyway.

    Seriously, would you?
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

    "When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

  15. #40
    Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Parachute, Colorado
    Posts
    15,112
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    I can believe someone would stop, not me...but I can believe it.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

  16. #41
    Big Coffin Hunter jayson is on a distinguished road

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    10,971

    Default

    I believe it as well. They're the same kind of people who leave a sporting event before the game is over.

  17. #42
    DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    6,451
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    The guy just said he wanted to know that Roland reached the Dark Tower and that was all. He was too afraid something bad would happen and he didn't want to deal with that.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

    "When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

  18. #43
    Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Lettiland
    Posts
    22,328
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wuducynn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    The whole don't read past this point you don't want to know no really stop thing had me wondering if King was back on drugs for a moment. Then I read on! I can't imagine not doing so. And it's good I don't know anyone who's read that far and stopped because I don't think we'd be friends for long
    Spoiler:
    ...after I told them anyway.

    Seriously, would you?
    Seriously? I'd want to tell them, but I probably wouldn't. Mind you I'd probably have to avoid any DT discussion with them if I knew.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

    If you rescue me
    I値l be your friend forever


    I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)



  19. #44
    DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    6,451
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

    Seriously? I'd want to tell them, but I probably wouldn't. Mind you I'd probably have to avoid any DT discussion with them if I knew.
    Hahahah. Yeah.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

    "When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

  20. #45
    Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Lettiland
    Posts
    22,328
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wuducynn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

    Seriously? I'd want to tell them, but I probably wouldn't. Mind you I'd probably have to avoid any DT discussion with them if I knew.
    Hahahah. Yeah.
    I know your tempted to say sometimes.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

    If you rescue me
    I値l be your friend forever


    I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)



  21. #46
    DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    6,451
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuducynn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

    Seriously? I'd want to tell them, but I probably wouldn't. Mind you I'd probably have to avoid any DT discussion with them if I knew.
    Hahahah. Yeah.
    I know your tempted to say sometimes.
    Yeah, I have to say I am, I haven't actually chatted with him online for awhile, but I remember almost throwing the words "LOOP" in there in obvious ways..but believe it or not I can actually be a nice guy once in awhile so I just had to bite my internet tongue.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

    "When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

  22. #47
    Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Lettiland
    Posts
    22,328
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wuducynn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuducynn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

    Seriously? I'd want to tell them, but I probably wouldn't. Mind you I'd probably have to avoid any DT discussion with them if I knew.
    Hahahah. Yeah.
    I know your tempted to say sometimes.
    Yeah, I have to say I am, I haven't actually chatted with him online for awhile, but I remember almost throwing the words "LOOP" in there in obvious ways..but believe it or not I can actually be a nice guy once in awhile so I just had to bite my internet tongue.

    REALLY?????? Why have none of the rest of us noticed this trait? You must hide it VERY well.


    Kinda like... *cough* roland'sinaneternalloop*cough*
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

    If you rescue me
    I値l be your friend forever


    I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)



  23. #48
    Big Coffin Hunter jayson is on a distinguished road

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    10,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wuducynn View Post
    The guy just said he wanted to know that Roland reached the Dark Tower and that was all. He was too afraid something bad would happen and he didn't want to deal with that.
    I could envision this person about to achieve true religious enlightenment and then telling God (or whoever) "No no no, don't actually tell me the mysteries of the universe. I just wanted to know if I could actually find out what they were, but they might not be what I want to hear, so thanks, but no thanks."

  24. #49
    Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Lettiland
    Posts
    22,328
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Or telling a girl no don't touch me...I thought I wanted to know what it was like, but I'd rather not. I might be disappointed.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

    If you rescue me
    I値l be your friend forever


    I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)



  25. #50
    Big Coffin Hunter jayson is on a distinguished road

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    10,971

    Default


    "I just wanted to know if I could get laid, not what it actually felt like."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts