Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: V for Vendetta : Nov 5th : Guy Fawkes Night

Gunslinger Apprentice Harrald is on a distinguished road Harrald's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Moore is a crank. He believes that his books stand alone and there is no need to make them into movies. He has stated that he "Has enough money" so the fat movie cash is a non-issue. He's already written off "Watchmen" and will not ever see the movie (at least he says he'll never watch it).

Also, after what was done to "League of extraordinary gentlemen" he has a right to be a crank. I like him. At least he has the balls (and budget) to back up his mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Heath View Post

Agreed. Alan Moore was so disappointed he didnt want his name associated with the film.

P.S. Anything with Natalie Portman is OK in my book.....She's a hottie. I could watch her paint a birdhouse for hours and not get bored.
    Insert witty comment here.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    I will try to get the book.
    Here you go Letti -

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/V-Vendetta-New-TPB/dp/140120841X/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1225911070&sr=8-2"]Amazon.com: V for Vendetta New (New Edition TPB): Alan Moore, David Lloyd: Books[/ame]
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    I will try to get the book.
    Here you go Letti -

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/V-Vendetta-New-TPB/dp/140120841X/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1225911070&sr=8-2"]Amazon.com: V for Vendetta New (New Edition TPB): Alan Moore, David Lloyd: Books[/ame]
    Amazon doesn't deliver to Hungary because of the horrible post service.
    I will go to my favourite bookstore. It's called PenDragon and they can get anything.
    But thanks a lot.

Roland would have understood.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Amazon doesn't deliver to Hungary because of the horrible post service.
    I will go to my favourite bookstore. It's called PenDragon and they can get anything.
    But thanks a lot.
    Ah. Well thats cool you have that store. Sounds like a cool shop.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Letti - Make sure you ask for the graphic novel, as I am pretty sure there was a novelization of the film.

If you can't get it - lemme know, we can figure something out.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm gonna get it. Noone can stop me.
    Thank you, guys.

Roland would have understood.

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    The book is SIGNIFICANTLY better than the film. I would highly recommend it to anyone who has only seen the film.
    Considering just how fucking amazing the film was the book must be a total mindblower.

Yeah, Jayson and I have a difference of opinion on it being "SIGNIFICANTLY" better than the film. I love both equally, but differently.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

We do indeed. It's not even that I dislike the movie, I just like the book a lot more. That's the case for me with about 99% of adaptations. I definitely think if Coz liked the film (which he clearly did) than he should check out the book and let us know what he thought. How's that for diplomacy?

We do indeed. It's not even that I dislike the movie, I just like the book a lot more. That's the case for me with about 99% of adaptations. I definitely think if Coz liked the film (which he clearly did) than he should check out the book and let us know what he thought. How's that for diplomacy?
    Oh I never suggested he not read the book, of course he should. Anything to get him to put down this months issue of Penthouse Forum and jar of KY Jelly for a couple of minutes.

I don't know, once he sees some of those panels of Evey-the-hooker he may start up again.

My Mood
    Gay

I just read where there is a New Version of V for Vendetta coming out in January. It's supposed to be on higher quality paper, and have better coloring.

Here the write up : A new trade paperback edition of the graphic novel that inspired the hit movie! A powerful story about loss of freedom and individuality, V FOR VENDETTA takes place in a totalitarian England following a devastating war that changed the face of the planet. In a world without political freedom, personal freedom and precious little faith in anything comes a mysterious man in a white porcelain mask who fights political oppressors through terrorism and seemingly absurd acts. It's a gripping tale of the blurred lines between ideological good and evil. This new trade paperback edition of the classic series from writer Alan Moore (WATCHMEN, LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN) and artist David Lloyd (HELLBLAZER) collects the epic miniseries and features the improved production values and coloring from the 2005 hardcover. On sale January 24 / 296 pg, FC $19.99 US / MATURE READERS

Letti - You were going to try and get a copy, you might want to wait until this improved graphic novel comes out.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    I just read where there is a New Version of V for Vendetta coming out in January. It's supposed to be on higher quality paper, and have better coloring.

Here the write up : A new trade paperback edition of the graphic novel that inspired the hit movie! A powerful story about loss of freedom and individuality, V FOR VENDETTA takes place in a totalitarian England following a devastating war that changed the face of the planet. In a world without political freedom, personal freedom and precious little faith in anything comes a mysterious man in a white porcelain mask who fights political oppressors through terrorism and seemingly absurd acts. It's a gripping tale of the blurred lines between ideological good and evil. This new trade paperback edition of the classic series from writer Alan Moore (WATCHMEN, LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN) and artist David Lloyd (HELLBLAZER) collects the epic miniseries and features the improved production values and coloring from the 2005 hardcover. On sale January 24 / 296 pg, FC $19.99 US / MATURE READERS

Letti - You were going to try and get a copy, you might want to wait until this improved graphic novel comes out.
    Link?

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Oh I never suggested he not read the book, of course he should. Anything to get him to put down this months issue of Penthouse Forum and jar of KY Jelly for a couple of minutes.
    I suppose I could alternate...

and for the record I use petroleum jelly. I know, I know. Its harder to clean off. But it lasts so much longer.

My Mood
    Gay

Sorry, no link right now.

I pre-ordered mine via an online comic book store ( www.mycomicshop.com ) that I deal with sometimes.

You have to join a kind of subscription club - I would suggest just waiting on amazon.

My Mood
    Gay

I want one of these for my house!

( courtesy of razz )

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know I'm probably going to be hated for this, but I found the graphic novel to be slightly disappointing. I can't remember specifics right now, but I thought it jumped around a little too much and was slightly hard to follow.

I also think it's funny how some people I know were all
    Spoiler:
    "omg, Evey's a PROSTITUTE in the book!" Sorry, I don't think miserably failing at your first attempt makes you a prostitute. Still not great, but not a prostitute.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Hate to say it but i agree with you, ka-mai. I just could not get into the graphic novel. I have yet to see the film, but the plot of the GN just seemed to move too slowly for me. It was one of the reasons why it took me so long to read Watchmen. Now Watchmen, i'm a big fan of, but V for Vendetta...I don't know. I'll try and give it another read, anyway.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Gay

The thing to remember with V is that the movie and the GN are very different.

I happen to have loved both of them. I'm fickle like that.

John F. Kennedy Deschain is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

The movie was absolutely brilliant and I think I may just read the book if it is as said, 'SIGNIFICANTLY better than the movie'

It really depends on what you consider "better" which is obviously subjective for each of us. I enjoy the book better because the political themes of the book are more in line with the way I see things then they are in the film. It was one of the changes that I didn't care for in the film (although I do enjoy the film). Let's say that politically speaking I prefer Alan Moore's "anarchist V" to the Whachowski's "freedom fighter V." I also liked the books further exploration of some of the in-fighting within Norsefire.

Country
    Country Flag

Well I do enjoy Politics, It's one of the subjects I'm doing at school. Also I've had recent thoughts about starting a political party in the near future with a goal of doing things right as opposed to the normal governments and their want to be re-elected. Thats not to say that they arent doing anything at all but... I've wandered off topic, I'll read the book ...Just after I read 'Paradise Lost' and the other book I got given at school.

Deschain, when you get around to reading it, let us know what you think.

Oh, and welcome to the site.

Country
    Country Flag

I'll be sure too let you know And Thankee big big for the welcome. I swear this is the site for the friendly people of the interwebs

My Mood
    Gay

Deschain - for sure, Jayson it right on the money.

Take the movie for what it is - and then enjoy the graphic novel. They're different - very different.

And yes, welcome!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast