Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: METALLICA

Gunslinger Apprentice EdwardDean1999 is on a distinguished road EdwardDean1999's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Death Magnetic is there best since Puppets. Also the most technically/musically interesting they've ever done. Odd time signatures awawawawawgh I will always love MetallicA. Even the shit fests of Bob Rock!

Do You Folks Like Coffee?
    Real Coffee,
    From the Hills Of Colombia?

The Duncan Hills awake you
    from a thousand deaths.
    A cup of blackened blood.
    (Die, Die)
    You're dying for a cup.

Ubersnob Frunobulax is on a distinguished road Frunobulax's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

EdwardDean1999, I'm going to sound like a rude asshole but shut the fuck up please. Death Magnetic is a failed abortion. Each song is a total wankfest, Lars Ulrich still can't drum for the life of himself, the lyrics are inane, Hetfield is Auto-Tuned into fucked oblivion, and the overall album is a sonic assault in a bad way.
    My favorite bands can kick your favorite bands' asses.

The horizon is right and motionless like the EKG of a dying woman.

Traveler MetGrl57 is on a distinguished road MetGrl57's Avatar

That was a little harsh man. You don't have to tell him to shut the fuck up because he liked the album and you didn't. Though you're entitled to your own opinion and I can respect that.

By my name I'm sure you can tell that I like Metallica. I personally thought Death Magnetic was a huge step up from St. Anger. I don't even think I've listen to those songs in months and months. The DM songs blend really well with the older stuff, as was illustrated when I saw them in live in December

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MetGrl57 View Post
    That was a little harsh man. You don't have to tell him to shut the fuck up because he liked the album and you didn't. Though you're entitled to your own opinion and I can respect that.

By my name I'm sure you can tell that I like Metallica. I personally thought Death Magnetic was a huge step up from St. Anger. I don't even think I've listen to those songs in months and months. The DM songs blend really well with the older stuff, as was illustrated when I saw them in live in December

Could they have really done worse then St. Anger if they tried?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Could they have really done worse then St. Anger if they tried?
    Well, if they are using Auto-Tune on Hetfield's vocals, the answer is yes. To me, Auto-Tune is the musical equivalent of athletes on steroids. It's just flat-out cheating. If you can't hit the fucking note, don't sing the fucking song. I don't care one way or another if people like Britney or Miley Cyrus use it. Most people know they're frauds anyway, but when people like Metallica that put themselves over as "real musicians" use it, that's a bunch of bullshit. It's a half-step above being Milli Vanilli.

Could they have really done worse then St. Anger if they tried? [/QUOTE]

Highly doubt it!! I love them, but that album was literally painful to listen to

I don't really know much about this whole autotune thing, but James sounded great to me in concert as well so I dunno.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I have no idea what auto tone is, but they he sounded great when I saw them too.

St. Anger made me want to send James a fifth and a note telling him he needed it.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Auto-Tune is a vocal processing effect used in the recording studio which corrects pitch problems in vocal and instrumental performances. In short, if a singer misses a note, Auto-Tune fixes it. In short, it's cheating. If a singer sounds good live, it's even more of a reason to question why he/she would use Auto-Tune in the studio.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Auto-Tune is a vocal processing effect used in the recording studio which corrects pitch problems in vocal and instrumental performances. In short, if a singer misses a note, Auto-Tune fixes it. In short, it's cheating. If a singer sounds good live, it's even more of a reason to question why he/she would use Auto-Tune in the studio.
    Because they can hit the note, but can't be bothered to do so?

If you rescue me

I know you meant it sarcastically, but I suspect that's an accurate answer in many cases.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually, I meant it both sarcastically and as a statement of how it really is.

If you rescue me

thats so sad, but true (no pun intended...seriously haha)

But I think in this case the involvement of autotune had more to do with Rick Rubin, the producer if I remember reading my facts correctly. From what I recall he didn't want James to worry about being technically correct so much as creating a certain vibe, or something along those lines. So when mixing they would sometimes pick the one that they simply liked better as opposed to whatever sounded technically the best. Plus James and the drummer Lars weren't there when they mixed it, and they usually are. Maybe that might have something to do with it as well. But I don't know exactly at what point autotune would come into play, so I can't say for sure.

Jareth's Goblin Queen soylentjillian is on a distinguished road soylentjillian's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I absolutely
    LOVE
    Metallica.

I discovered them when I was thirteen, about 8 years ago.

I really like their new album, it makes up for St. Anger. I really like The Unforgiven III. Then again, James Hetfield has an amazing singing voice.

Favorite CD is probably Load, because although I like the Black album better, I wore it out. Off of Load, "Bleeding Me" and "The Outlaw Torn" really grabbed me. When I was younger and was reading the DT books, probably right when Wolves of the Calla came out, I would sit in my room, reading them over and over, and listening to my stereo. The CD's that I had in the changer were NIN's the Fragile, Metallica's Load, Metallica's Black Album, and Tori Amos' Boys for Pele. Mainly the Fragile and most of the songs off Load make me always think of the Gunslinger, especially The Outlaw Torn.

I also like the earlier thrash stuff, like The Four Horsemen.

Also, the cover that they did of Loverman turns me on.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

*hides away all his old Megaforce vinyl*

If you rescue me

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

St. Anger made me want to send James a fifth and a note telling him he needed it.

Fuckin' BRUTAL, man! You're sick...and I LOVE that about you!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok...I really haven't posted here and I am ashamed. I am turning over a new leaf...but remember that I am an old man and Metallica is, in my POV, part of the new wave of metal. I recall the DJ on the King Biscuit Flower Hour's show M-m-m-m-metalshop! (que buzz saw sound) introducing this brand new, upstart band, Metallica. Great name I thought...then the DJ played The Small Hours...I was hooked! (yes, DJ not VJ.)

My favorite Metallica song; Ride the Lightning!!!!!!

I just gets my blood boiling...it pounds me into the ground. I feel much like I did in the days when I was taking acid regularly. The song makes me feel as if I could destroy a tank if someone doesn't chain me down!! (No damn chains can hold me to the ground!)

When I was tripping, no one would play football with me...and I am small.

Along the Path of the Beam Slash281 is on a distinguished road Slash281's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

METALLICA!!

I've been listening to Metallica since I was nine, now it's my second favorite band, just below Sabbath. On any given day I could have a different favorite album of there's. But it's always between Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, and ...And Justice for all. Though it's usually Master. But I HATE HATE HATE! Load, Reload, and St. Anger. Just not Metal. But I liked Death Magnetic, I thought it was better than the Black Album.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

The first album I ever bought was saint anger, I was 13 years old
    It changed my life, I hadnt really been into music at all but that album opened my eyes
    Despite most metalheads despising that album it holds a special place in my heart, as do the next 2 albums I bought after it: Load and Reload
    Of course I also later got ahold of their early masterpieces so I understand the way people feel about them but I bought their catalogue backwards so Im weird like that
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I was on the tractor digging up rocks around the property and had my ipod set to Blackend. I was jammin', off in space, and damn near ran the damned tractor into the creek. This is not just a small creek. The banks are about 10 feet high. It would have been bad. Do you think Hetfield would have bought me a new tractor?

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

A video with Mustane and Metallica.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9F2dt9iwfw"]YouTube - James Hetfield Reading Axl Rose Rules[/ame]

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice!

I have this with Mustaine and Metallica:

If you rescue me

Traveler Dinorawr is on a distinguished road Dinorawr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is amazing!! I love Metallica also
    I believe reflections bleed the sorrows of our souls...

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Currently listening to Sanitarium... love this song
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

First of all this thread needs to be bumped. Die hard fans may cringe, but I am a Fade to Black girl. Yeah, I know most folks think the Fade to Black was a sell out but that was a solid record. Even though I am pretty sure I had that sh*t on cassette.
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beam*seeker View Post
    First of all this thread needs to be bumped. Die hard fans may cringe, but I am a Fade to Black girl. Yeah, I know most folks think the Fade to Black was a sell out but that was a solid record. Even though I am pretty sure I had that sh*t on cassette.
    I've never heard sellout and Metallica in the same sentence unless somebody was talking about the Black Album.

Fade to Black is a solid song IMO although every time I hear it I think about the time Hetfield got burned on stage during that song.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2